• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Few points from last nights game

WESTY_SUFC

Bradders and McDonald looked like a decent combo upfront and linked well together in parts. I hope these 2 start against Leeds! Well done for the hatrick Bradders hopefully his confidence should be sky high!

For the Che Wilson haters, he was excellent last night. Solid defending and didnt give the ball away once used the ball v well!! Great cross for Bradders 1st! Definately good enough to fill in for Hammel!

Gilbert had an absolute mare, terrible mistake for their goal on the halfway line.....his basic defending needs to improve drastically!

We need to stop dropping our heads when we concede a goal. There was a spell after they scored their equiliser we completely lost it and were lucky not to concede more. This happened a lot last season!

Black was superb when he came on looked really dangerous, made a real impression and i liked the way he was talking to all the players gettin people fired up!

Bradders and McDonald looked like a decent combo upfront and linked well together in parts. I hope these 2 start against Leeds! Well done for the hatrick Bradders hopefully his confidence should be sky high!

For the Che Wilson haters, he was excellent last night. Solid defending and didnt give the ball away once used the ball v well!! Great cross for Bradders 1st! Definately good enough to fill in for Hammel!

Gilbert had an absolute mare, terrible mistake for their goal on the halfway line.....his basic defending needs to improve drastically!

We need to stop dropping our heads when we concede a goal. There was a spell after they scored their equiliser we completely lost it and were lucky not to concede more. This happened a lot last season!

Black was superb when he came on looked really dangerous, made a real impression and i liked the way he was talking to all the players gettin people fired up!

It was Gower's cross for the 1st goal. I wouldn't say Che was excellent, he gave the ball away a few times but he was fairly solid and better than he was against Orient.

Other than that I agree with you. MacDonald seems like the player who will give 110% every game and he put himself about when he came on. Hooper has done nothing in the 2 games that he's started. Gilbert again looked shaky. He gets forward and overlaps a lot but his defending hasn't convinced me so far. Barrett would be my MoTM, won everything in the air again and took his goal well.

It was Gower's cross for the 1st goal. I wouldn't say Che was excellent, he gave the ball away a few times but he was fairly solid and better than he was against Orient.

Other than that I agree with you. MacDonald seems like the player who will give 110% every game and he put himself about when he came on. Hooper has done nothing in the 2 games that he's started. Gilbert again looked shaky. He gets forward and overlaps a lot but his defending hasn't convinced me so far. Barrett would be my MoTM, won everything in the air again and took his goal well.

the first goal was a cross from Wilson, I was sitting right behind him when he crossed it!

Definitely a Che Wilson cross for the first, and a fantastic cross at that.

In my opinion Che is a much better option than Hammell. He may put a few passes astray, but his general defending, particularly in the air, is a cut above Hammell's. He certainly has something going forward too, as last night's assist proves.

I feel more safe and secure when Che is at left back. Nothing to do with football, I just suffer a lot existential angst.

Yeh I was sitting right infront of the cross, definitly Wilson, all though the site says it was gower, who passed it back for che to cross, I would like to see Che stick some more crosses in.

I think cheese is great, love having him at left back.

Bradders was class, won many headers from goal kicks, not that many of them actualy resulted in our poession but its always good to get someone getting the knock downs, 3 nice finishes, great allround performence and a few nice flicks from him.
Mcdonald and Hooper are to similar for my liking, small and light weight, not sure if they are good for this level at the moment.
Never the less I think Bradbury and mcdonald should start on saturday. Harrold and Bradbury are both good players but very similar players, dont no if that would work or not.

Did the boys look knacked after extra time and is it going to effect them Saturaday or has all these pre season friendlies made them super fit?

Definitely a Che Wilson cross for the first, and a fantastic cross at that.

In my opinion Che is a much better option than Hammell. He may put a few passes astray, but his general defending, particularly in the air, is a cut above Hammell's. He certainly has something going forward too, as last night's assist proves.

I agree i rather che then Hammell, Che in my eyes is a root one player/defender Hammell seems to fcuk around with the ball abit to much then getting rid of it

In extra time there was only ever going to be one team in it. We looked very fit and the other lot didn't really put up much fight. It may be the pre season and it may be our Championship 'stint' last season also helped.

I also agree we must learn to not let our heads drop when we let in a goal, keep attacking is our best option we keep getting into the habit of sitting back and this leads to the usual nervious last 10 mins.

We remind me a lot of Frank Bruno. Look great when things are going well, but as soon as we get hit on the chin everything falls apart.

I also agree we must learn to not let our heads drop when we let in a goal, keep attacking is our best option we keep getting into the habit of sitting back and this leads to the usual nervious last 10 mins.

Couldn't agree more, we sit so deep after we have scored would be nice to see us go for another 1 or 2, like we did in extra time against cheltenham.

I think the problem with our 'heads dropping' when we have a setback is probably a confidence one after the traumas of last season...
When we get a few wins under our belt and banish the demons from last term I think this will start to go away.

Back