• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

If that's what it takes for you to give a fiml 5/5then yes! Mind you Fellini won't be making any new films.Sadly.

I think Federico Fellini is an overrated Director.​

renderTimingPixel.png

That doesn’t mean I think he’s a bad director, he’s obviously one of the greats and he is important when it comes to cinema history.
However, with the exception of La Strada I’ve been very disappointed in the handful of movies I’ve seen from him. I know his style is to be impressionistic and meandering but I think some older directors did it better (Tarkovsky, Bergman, Lean). His influence is more important than his movies considering the fact that Scorsese and FF Coppola are admirers of him and have made many better movies.

I think Federico Fellini is an overrated Director.​

renderTimingPixel.png

That doesn’t mean I think he’s a bad director, he’s obviously one of the greats and he is important when it comes to cinema history.
However, with the exception of La Strada I’ve been very disappointed in the handful of movies I’ve seen from him. I know his style is to be impressionistic and meandering but I think some older directors did it better (Tarkovsky, Bergman, Lean). His influence is more important than his movies considering the fact that Scorsese and FF Coppola are admirers of him and have made many better movies.
La Doce Vita,Roma and Eight and a half are all masterpieces of modern cinema.It seems to me that you're perhaps (understandly, like me) more interested in his influence on English -speaking films.

La Doce Vita,Roma and Eight and a half are all masterpieces of modern cinema.It seems to me that you're perhaps (understandly, like me) more interested in his influence on English -speaking films.
They were the words of somebody else (I found it online).
I have seen 8 1/2 and I have no idea what the fuss was about, a real zzzz fest.

They were the words of somebody else (I found it online).
I have seen 8 1/2 and I have no idea what the fuss was about, a real zzzz fest.
  • Stardust Memories (1980, Woody Allen) This is the most obvious and undisguised parody/tribute to 8 ½ in the list. ...
  • All That Jazz (1979, Bob Fosse) ...
  • Beyond The Sea (2004, Kevin Spacey) ...
  • The Discreet Charm of The Bourgeoisie (1972, Luis Bunuel) ...
  • The Great Beauty (2013, Paolo Sorrentino)
All the above fims were influenced by Fellini's Eight and a half.There are others too.

Incidentaly I found it curious that you didn't mention Woody Allen alongside Scorsese and Coppola as an admirer of Fellini's.Any reason for that?

Last edited:
Saw Hallelujah.Leonard Cohen ,a Journey ,A Song* last night .This was a full length (110 mins.) musical documentary on the song and the singer (which apparently was in in Shrek, who Knew? -(I obviously go the wrong films) :Smile: .

Featured lots of live performance from the final years from the great man (and others,including Nick Cage).

* This was part of Barna's In-Edit musical documentaries festival which takes place every year for a week at this time.Sigh,I can remember when they used to flog tickets from a little kiosk outside the UB .It's all online now of course.

Saw Hallelujah.Leonard Cohen ,a Journey ,A Song* last night .This was a full length (110 mins.) musical documentary on the song and the singer (which apparently was in in Shrek, who Knew? -(I obviously go the wrong films) :Smile: .

Featured lots of live performance from the final years from the great man (and others,including Nick Cage).

* This was part of Barna's In-Edit musical documentaries festival which takes place every year for a week at this time.Sigh,I can remember when they used to flog tickets from a little kiosk outside the UB .It's all online now of course.
I have never been a fan of L C but I went to the cinema and I saw a great docu about him.....But I would draw the line at a Jimi Hendrix docu!

I have never been a fan of L C but I went to the cinema and I saw a great docu about him.....But I would draw the line at a Jimi Hendrix docu!
Only found out about this on Sat.It was packed out at The Aribau (One of the oldest and biggest cinemas in Barna).Missed out on sold out tickets for a Sinead O'Connor documentary also on a Creedence Clearwater Revival one.Festival's been online during covid.Memo to self- the In- edit festival starts in late October and not in early November as I'd though.

Last edited:

I didn’t realize the the great mr Cage could carry a tune.
Bless him.

Will be seeing this on Saturday

Back