• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Enola Holmes. Saw this last night not expecting to enjoy it but I thoroughly did. Very clever and a definite 8 out of 10 if not 9.

Interested to read that the lead actress is engaged to Bon Jovi’s son at only 19 years of age (he’s young too).

I watched Cop Land 1997.
Great film, with acting heavyweights V Stallone, H Keitel, R Liotta, R De Niro.
Agreed brilliant film,great cast very underrated in my opinion.
Maybe it was a bit too different’ and wanted Sly to be the typical action hero throughout the film

Can’t understand why the score (7.0) is so low on IMBD

The Drop, 2014. I love the best gangster type films. This is one of the best. Mean Streets 1973, is for me the most underrated, De Niro's character Johnny Boy, can't keep a promise. You know it's not going to end well.

Eastern Promises
Russian gangsters in London, but not a normal gangster film. Virgo Morrison was nominated for a an Oscar.

Was flicking channel’s instead of going to bed and just watched it.

Very good 8/10

The Man From Earth (2007)

The screenplay was written by Jerome Bixby who also wrote four episodes of the original Star Trek series, and his short stories were adapted for the Twilight Zone and the film Fantastic Voyage.

Bixby also wrote the screenplay for It! The Terror Beyond Space, which was the inspiration for Alien.

Anyway, a low budget film shot mostly on one set. It is heavy on dialogue, low on action, but quite a thought provoking film.

Well worth a watch, though the sequel is not! Those pesky kids spoil it!

I watched a documentary on folk horror called Woodlands Dark and Days Bewitched https://woodlandsdarkanddaysbewitched.com/

It was magnificent.
I found this way too long, and despite this, I thought it was lightweight. I would have preferred them looking at fewer films but delving in deeper around the myths and legends.

Sadly, a missed opportunity for me.

Back