• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Spaceman - Adam Sandler

Liked the special effects but the film was too long for what we actually got and the ending much too short. I’ve seen that trait in a lot of films recently.

I’ll give it a grudging six because it made me stay to the end out of curiosity.

Thought the OScars largely got it write with Oppenheimer & Zone of Inerest picking up major awards.though J. ROSS on ITV was embarrasingly bad.
Here in the UK we had to suffer Jonathan Ross---15 minutes of him was more than enough and I went to bed!

I saw this 1950's U S Sci Fi movie this morning.....Warning this film contains a cast of unknown people!

1710416070748.png

Ms Baldy and I were very impressed with "The Zone Of Interest"----Here is another excellent film....Miss this at your peril!
1710480386418.png

Imdb
Origin (2023) Poster

Origin (2023)​

User Reviews​

10/10
It Broke Me!
zconkerite4 January 2024
First off, Aunjanue Ellis Taylor deserves an Oscar as does the movie's director, Ava DuVernay. I don't use this sentiment lightly. The pacing of Isabel Wilkerson, her work, the research and her findings are all laid out. Books are different from films. I'll admit, I had not read it before seeing the movie so I do not have any prejudices about the story. I wrote that "It Broke Me" because I not only learned about Ms. Wilkerson but also more about myself. She is alive folks! Not an imagined character or a dead one either. Relatively young. I hope she continues her work. Opening people's eyes is worth the entire trip of emotions this adventure took me on. Wake up folks! I sure have.

Saw The Long Good Friday again in the early hour on Film 4 with Bob Hoskins & Helen Mirren.Arguablly the best British gangster film ever made.I can remember when it was first released ,I was queing up for half price theatre tickets in Leicester Square when some tout was going down the line trying to flog tickets for it:Fortunately I 'd already seen the film.

Last edited:
Back