• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Let's take a trip way back in time a trailer from "Pandora's Box" dancing (1929) A heady mix of the beautiful (and she really was!) Louise Brooks with added music by Depeche Mode.

Yours opinion please guys.

Thanks for the heads up........I found a stack of his films for free on the wonderful Bing Video site yesterday....I saw "Pit & The Pendulum" at the cinema about five years ago and it was great--Vincent Price playing up to the camera was so funny....I have saved some of the Edgar Allan Poe films.....V P was a fantastic actor.
You prompted me to watch Corman's 'Masque of the Red Death' again. It has so much in common with Bergman's 'Seventh Seal'. Ironic that the latter is, rightly imo, regarded as one of the all time greats whereas 'Masque' is written off as a typical Corman cheapie.

You prompted me to watch Corman's 'Masque of the Red Death' again. It has so much in common with Bergman's 'Seventh Seal'. Ironic that the latter is, rightly imo, regarded as one of the all time greats whereas 'Masque' is written off as a typical Corman cheapie.
SS is great of course, but I really I love Masque too. The bit where they're running through the different coloured rooms is great, and the cloaked death figures used to really creep me out as a kid. It's Corman's best film IMHO.

Re-watched Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz over the last 2 nights. Enjoyed them both, but Shaun is way better than the over-long HF I reckon. Going to complete the 'Cornetto Trilogy' over the weekend - never seen The World's End before so looking forward to that.

SS is great of course, but I really I love Masque too. The bit where they're running through the different coloured rooms is great, and the cloaked death figures used to really creep me out as a kid. It's Corman's best film IMHO.
Yes, the superb photography was by Nicholas Roeg who went on to direct classics like 'Don't Look Now'. Like you, I think it's Corman's best. I believe he is still with us, getting on for his century.

Saw a little gem of A British film earlier at the Moncine cinema in Bezeirs starring Timothy Spall & Olivia Colman.i N ote from the Grauniad review it got a Uk release in Feb.Needless to say it hasn't had a release in Barna yet.

Last edited:
This is yet another film directed by Roger Corman but it is in a different class to his cheapies....It stars The Clown Prince Of Horror Vincent Price.
1711665757623.png

Back