• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

This is the start of my Roger Corman season (He made quite a few cheapo films).
Plain daft......
1711180330847.png

Corman's monster films are so bad they're good but his series of Edgar Allan Poe films are a different matter. Also, his westerns like 'Five Guns West', 'Apache Woman' and 'Gunslinger' are worth a look.

Corman's monster films are so bad they're good but his series of Edgar Allan Poe films are a different matter. Also, his westerns like 'Five Guns West', 'Apache Woman' and 'Gunslinger' are worth a look.
Thanks for the heads up........I found a stack of his films for free on the wonderful Bing Video site yesterday....I saw "Pit & The Pendulum" at the cinema about five years ago and it was great--Vincent Price playing up to the camera was so funny....I have saved some of the Edgar Allan Poe films.....V P was a fantastic actor.

Rarely gets shown unlike Apocalypse Now
I have "Hamburger Hill" to see again.
I first saw it in New York when it was first released.

I am continuing my Roger Corman season tomorrow.

What I have found just by chance "The Beast Of Yucca Flats" (1961)
It stars Tor Johnson from the Ed Wood stable

I was impressed with Vietnam movie "Platoon"----This morning I have just seen the much lesser known "Hamburger Hill" which is much more graphic.
"Hamburger Hill"
See it for free....https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=hamburger+hill+full+movie+free&&mid=1462CEDAE055186C45441462CEDAE055186C4544&&FORM=VRDGAR

1711279444335.png

National Theatre Live but at the cinema (Hackney Picturehouse)
In a word Stunning......
View attachment 31511
I used to see quite a few NT productions when they used to show them in Barna.Unfortunately they don't seem to do that anymore.IIRC think the revival of Amadeus was the last one ,which I can remember first seeing in the WE the day Charles & Dianna got hitched.Still I'll be going there soon to see Nye.

I used to see quite a few NT productions when they used to show them in Barna.Unfortunately they don't seem to do that anymore.IIRC think the revival of Amadeus was the last one ,which I can remember first seeing in the WE the day Charles & Dianna got hitched.Still I'll be going there soon to see Nye.
We have just booked tickets to see "Nye".

From IMDb Roger Corman's films tend to be cheap and cheerful but this one's mostly just cheap. Mind you, the thin plot (baddies take a group of hostages) has been used for some $100,000,000 movies as well. Thirty minutes of talk, padded out with irrelevant songs.

This one is appallingly brilliant!

1711370744111.png

Hacksaw Ridge.

Really like it and the back story is quite remarkable.

Hacksaw Ridge.

Really like it and the back story is quite remarkable.

I could not agree more and I had the benefit of seeing it at the cinema.

Field Punishment No. 1 (2014) - rarely ever show on network television, a great (anti) war film imho

Back