• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

One man's meat etc......I love 50's rockin' music but many people do not share my views.
It is great to discuss different opinions of football, music or films but we must always be respectful.
So did Bruce George ,who stood down as an MP in 2010.I used to tell him that while I loved that music too.a lot of good music was made in the 60's (and afterwards).Sadly I don't think he ever listened to anything after the 50's.

Last edited:
Cinema lovely, cast great and film...A load of rubbish.
the-unlikely-pilgrimage-of-harold-fry-british-movie-poster.jpg
It was here for 1 night at the Bcn film festival last week,I told the wife we'll go when it gets a general release.Trailer looked good though Peter Bradshaw in the Gruaniad didn't like it (dunno whether that's a good/bad thing ). :Winking:

It was here for 1 night at the Bcn film festival last week,I told the wife we'll go when it gets a general release.Trailer looked good though Peter Bradshaw in the Gruaniad didn't like it (dunno whether that's a good/bad thing ). :Winking:
Of course opinions can differ.......I enjoyed the begining and then it became stupid

Saw Dancing at Lughnasa last night. Unfortunately despite great prerformances from Michael Gambon,Kathy Burke and La Streep,Pat O'Connor's film doesn't match up to the revival of the play currently on show at the NT nor the 1990 original of Barry Freil's great Irish play.

I have just seen this through "Bing Videos" I prefer the original.
Two other Jack Nicholson films that are well worth seeing are "As Good As It Gets" and About Schmidt (2002)

1-935737662.jpg

Jack's performance was far better than the film.
51P950F2KWL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Thought the film was brilliant. The alienation of the Nicholson character from his family but also from his blue collar co-workers and his simple minded girlfriend was so well depicted. So many memorable scenes like the one with his father. Up there with the best.

If you are a fan of Film Noir----Here are a bunch of trailers.......

Film-Noir-C4D-3D-Text-Titles-Trailer-648x200.jpg

Thought the film was brilliant. The alienation of the Nicholson character from his family but also from his blue collar co-workers and his simple minded girlfriend was so well depicted. So many memorable scenes like the one with his father. Up there with the best.
Don't forget the "chicken " scene with the diner waitress"hold it between your legs" :Winking:

Back