• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
Firstly, due to work commitments, I could not make the short(ish) trip to Rushden last night, which in hindsight, may have been a good thing, as it wont tarnish the memories of last season's trip there.... Wonderful pasties and super result!!

Anyway, I may be way off beam here, but listening to the commentary on the radio, I got the feeling the attitude of some of the 'fringe' players was not upto scratch. Rushden are a poor outfit, there league position states that clearly enough, and you hjad the feeling that a lot of the team thought all they had to do was turn up and the victory was in the bag.

As I say, I wasnt there, and I may be wide of the mark, but you would have thought the likes of Smiffy, JCR, Freddy and co would be busting a gut to give Tilly a selection headache for Saturday's game, but in essence, all they have done is made it a whole lot easier for the guys who already have the shirts.

Have to say im very dissapointed with that, and the result, I know people will say its only an LDV game etc etc, but the income and enjoyment it has generated for us in the last two seasons has been immense.

Maybe the depth of our squad isnt quite as deep as we thought!

Maybe, as with our other cup defeat at the hands of Southampton, the club recognises our lack of depth and is not pushing for any other match commitments beyond the league in order to preserve the team as best possible. Judging by the general feeling I get reading the postings from fans about last nights game, many feel we have outgrown the LDV by the virtue of being in Lg 1. There appears to be more apathy than anger over the defeat by Rushden. You are right about the fringe players. They should be going out all guns blazing to win a first team recall. There again teams do get games where they just don't seem to click. We have all witnessed it and generally it means nothing.
smile.gif

I hope we get a good fa cup run though, people will then notice us as a good team hopefully!

Fear not its all part of the Tilly and Brush promotion experience. Oh and sack Scriven its his fault we are not in the Champions League.

A first team squad of 17 o whatever we currently stand at is never going to give us massive options when it comes to changing the squad.

I would however say that we clearly hae enough in the league at the moment as we are second. 4 strikers all on a decent amount of goals, 4 centre midfielders that would walk into almost anyother team in this league, 3 tricky wingers,a super keepern a couple of experience centre halves and of Course Che.

Lacking depth - Your having a laugh

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GodblessArthurRowley @ Oct. 19 2005,21:44)]Fear not its all part of the Tilly and Brush promotion experience. Oh and sack Scriven its his fault we are not in the Champions League.
can we stop with the sack scriven crap now, its getting old and boring, and he don't post on here anymore, now its about VOTE GRIM UP NORTH campaign - we don't know why we are, but just vote him.

also i'm dissapointed i didn't win the match day annoucer votes, although beating geoff was gunner be hard, but atleast i beat the new guy
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Oct. 20 2005,00:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]can we stop with the sack scriven crap now, its getting old and boring, and he don't post on here anymore,
Aint stoped him viewing
wink.gif
oops.gif

Really?

Come back Scriv!!

Back