• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football on a Sunday

DTS

The Business
)Just in the process of doing a mortgage for an Italian bloke at the moment. Mad Inter fan. Anyway was talking about football and I was demostrating my complete lack of interest in Italian football when a good point cropped up.

He said he is annoyed as he has to work on a Saturday and doesn't get a chance to see his local team Fulham (Some might say this is a good thing
) as in Italy most games are on a Sunday.

Anyway it got me thinking. What if Southend played most games on a sunday?

Personally I can see a plus side that Sunday is a really boring day. If I had my saturdays free I could do a few more jobs that I struggle to do as I have football every sat such as opticians or barbers etc. I could also watch a few of my mates who play on a saturday which I always enjoy.

For the club I can see benefits. We must have lots of people who either work saturdays or maybe play locally who cant make games. Not that I am sure its a real good thing but there must be loads of closet yids, w%&k hammers who might come along too and a 2nd team etc.

Finally for all you that come in via the roads and rail in may be a bit easier transport wise.

Personally I love Saturdays but I am just playing devils advocate.

DtS