• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1 2021

I'm certainly not a Lewis fan, not by any stretch. But that said, his impossibly classy reaction and humble congratulations to his opponent have pulled me into his corner and I applaud him for that.

Yesterday's handling of the race was outrageous. According to the rules in place at the beginning of the race (and even while they were working out the best way to bring the drivers home), Lewis (and Mercedes) won it, and Lewis is world champion. Again.

Great analogy but it wasn't just 'next goal is the winner'. It was the ref then awarding the losing team a penalty for someone in the crowd falling over, moving the spot five yards closer and then making the goalkeeper play in greasy tap shoes.

It's wrong to think the outraged reaction to yesterday's negligent handling of the race was Hamilton fan boys. It wasn't. It's anyone who is watching that race with an open mind. I feel for the race director as he was trying to find a solution to make all sides happy under pressure and intense provocation from both sides, but sport doesn't work like that. What you do is follow the rules in place and interpret them one way or the other for a decision. What you don't do is either bend the rules or create them on the fly to find a ludicrous compromise. Especially when it isn't a fair compromise.

I wanted to find a way to conclude that Lewis and Mercedes have gained similar benefit across the season from safety car incidents that have wiped out advantages. They have and it IS a gamble that IS part of the sport. But yesterday was a bending of the rules that led to a final lap run-off where one team was hauled back into competition then unfairly disadvantaged. Correct protocol would have had the safety car out for another couple of laps to allow ALL of the lapped cars back into formation. OR, at a stretch, you pull the safety car in with ALL of the lapped cars in their current places. Either way, Lewis wins that race.
Completely agree with this, well said. I’m certainly not a Lewis fan boy, I just appreciate his ability.

I’d also add that Horner using Lauder’s name suggesting “let them race” is poor form as they had raced for 55 laps with a clear outcome, letting them race over one lap with one driver handicapped isn’t true racing in my eyes.

Firstly it was tongue in cheek and secondly I think you have proved you have zero credibility given your previous responses.
Tongue in cheek or not to call a 7 times World Champion a cheat especially in his current condition is just awful!

Plenty of drivers do things outside the rule books, Senna did it, notice you didn’t call him a cheat though!

I don’t really care if you think I have zero credibility much like you probably don’t care what I said. My response was after you got my back up with your childish response to me saying I wouldn’t watch it if they gave Lewis the title!

Yes I may have made some childish remarks but I was happy! The guy I wanted to win won! It wasn’t the best of ways but hey ho I got the result I wanted.

There hasn’t been consistency throughout the season from the FIA and it’s been like this for years. They need to get their ducks in a line and sort it out. However from a business perspective it’s given F1 a massive boost! The old saying “No news is bad news”. Everyone is talking about F1 and it wouldn’t surprise me if come March next year you will have record numbers tuning in to watch.

Now my ‘hatred’ as you put it for Hamilton. I don’t hate him, that is a very strong word. I dislike him, I don’t like the political **** he tries to bring into F1 (not going to go into all of that it’s banned from SZ so leave that there) and I’ve never been a fan of a driver who is gifted with the best car from the off. However! I appreciate the fact he is a very good driver. I have often praised him for his good sportsmanship when he has lost. And I do give him credit and his dad for how they acted after the race yesterday. Very gracious.

What annoys me is that how people discredit Max in all of this. He did EXACTLY what he was asked to do and race the car. His car finished on the final lap in first. No cheating from Max or Red Bull. The blame for the debacle should be with the FIA, not Max, not Horner, not Marko, not Red Bull.

I had pretty much finished drafting a post with a couple of laps to go. Lewis deserved to win the world title! He gained an advantage in the first lap but his car was much faster than Max’s and had they made Lewis yield the position, he would’ve gained it back not long after. The Red Bull didn’t have the pace of the Mercedes. Wouldn’t it have gone differently? Doubtful! The Mercedes was faster and it worked for them. He drove a faultless race as did Max. They both did the best they could with the cars they have.

The result is done, the champion is crowned. Mercedes need to just take this one on the chin and come back stronger next year. It’s an exciting year with new cars and a new talent in the Mercedes, the heir to Hamilton’s throne.

I’ll take my zero credibility and post in the boxing thread instead.

I
Tongue in cheek or not to call a 7 times World Champion a cheat especially in his current condition is just awful!

Plenty of drivers do things outside the rule books, Senna did it, notice you didn’t call him a cheat though!

I don’t really care if you think I have zero credibility much like you probably don’t care what I said. My response was after you got my back up with your childish response to me saying I wouldn’t watch it if they gave Lewis the title!

Yes I may have made some childish remarks but I was happy! The guy I wanted to win won! It wasn’t the best of ways but hey ho I got the result I wanted.

There hasn’t been consistency throughout the season from the FIA and it’s been like this for years. They need to get their ducks in a line and sort it out. However from a business perspective it’s given F1 a massive boost! The old saying “No news is bad news”. Everyone is talking about F1 and it wouldn’t surprise me if come March next year you will have record numbers tuning in to watch.

Now my ‘hatred’ as you put it for Hamilton. I don’t hate him, that is a very strong word. I dislike him, I don’t like the political **** he tries to bring into F1 (not going to go into all of that it’s banned from SZ so leave that there) and I’ve never been a fan of a driver who is gifted with the best car from the off. However! I appreciate the fact he is a very good driver. I have often praised him for his good sportsmanship when he has lost. And I do give him credit and his dad for how they acted after the race yesterday. Very gracious.

What annoys me is that how people discredit Max in all of this. He did EXACTLY what he was asked to do and race the car. His car finished on the final lap in first. No cheating from Max or Red Bull. The blame for the debacle should be with the FIA, not Max, not Horner, not Marko, not Red Bull.

I had pretty much finished drafting a post with a couple of laps to go. Lewis deserved to win the world title! He gained an advantage in the first lap but his car was much faster than Max’s and had they made Lewis yield the position, he would’ve gained it back not long after. The Red Bull didn’t have the pace of the Mercedes. Wouldn’t it have gone differently? Doubtful! The Mercedes was faster and it worked for them. He drove a faultless race as did Max. They both did the best they could with the cars they have.

The result is done, the champion is crowned. Mercedes need to just take this one on the chin and come back stronger next year. It’s an exciting year with new cars and a new talent in the Mercedes, the heir to Hamilton’s throne.

think boxing should b banned

Sorry, but Schumacher's current condition is a) irrelevant and b) unknown.

I'll re-iterate, your response and gloating is ridiculously childish. My response was tongue in cheek. Don't ever call me childish if you're worse, I simply won't accept that.

If you don't hate Hamilton then I suggest you start being a bit more balanced in the way you talk about him because (whether you intend it or not) that is the way it comes over.

I'm not getting into discrediting Max because I haven't and I don't really care.

They definitely need to stop letting teams chirp away at the race director, especially in the middle of a safety car/crash situation.

It's great that we get these insights, but RB clearly knew they could put some pressure on Masi to do something unusual, which isn't the way it should be.

Also Schumi was a cheat. He literally was disqualified for trying to ram Villeneurve off the track. He was also suspended for ignoring black flags. An incredible driver and one of the greatest of all time, but let's not whitewash his history which includes a lot of unsporting behaviour.

Sorry, but Schumacher's current condition is a) irrelevant and b) unknown.

I'll re-iterate, your response and gloating is ridiculously childish. My response was tongue in cheek. Don't ever call me childish if you're worse, I simply won't accept that.

If you don't hate Hamilton then I suggest you start being a bit more balanced in the way you talk about him because (whether you intend it or not) that is the way it comes over.

I'm not getting into discrediting Max because I haven't and I don't really care.
Your response to me was childish, I’ll stand by that. Don’t care if you don’t accept it.

I’m big enough to admit my posts can be childish.

Your response to me was childish, I’ll stand by that. Don’t care if you don’t accept it.

I’m big enough to admit my posts can be childish.
At least we're in agreement on something.

(Yes, that was also tongue in cheek!)

I think this result only adds to Lewis Hamilton’s reputation. The only way he could be stopped from winning yet another title was to make up rules mid-race to change the outcome.
Absolutely. I don't think anybody is knocking Vestappen who is a great driver with a very bright future. Formula one is a sport and should be played by the rules they set like other sports not change the rules to suit with 1 lap to go.

To have an enquiry into yourself for messing up seemed a little pointless as that was only going to go one way.

As you say Lewis was stopped from winning the title, he did not lose it.

Left this forum post on like page 14 or something and came back to page 20, that last lap has caused a whirlwind of arguments ??

I'm just happy Max got his world championship, I believe he deserved it season round, but I do feel bad for Lewis for the way it was swept out from under his feet, but we move on to another hopefully another amazing season next year with closer spec cars.

Left this forum post on like page 14 or something and came back to page 20, that last lap has caused a whirlwind of arguments ??

I'm just happy Max got his world championship, I believe he deserved it season round, but I do feel bad for Lewis for the way it was swept out from under his feet, but we move on to another hopefully another amazing season next year with closer spec cars.
I really hope you’re right and there is closer spec cars. I just get the feeling the usual teams will still be stronger. Happy to be proved wrong.

Would love to see Lando Norris do really well next year. He really is a top character and a really talented driver.

Yeah I expect the same teams will reign supreme - like football it's who's got the most money!
They do need to do something to prevent what happened this year...regardless of who your favourite is it was a disappointing end (though my unconditional hatred towards Christian Horner blinds my view!!!)
Maybe you can't pit when a safety car is out, virtual or otherwise.
Maybe before the safety car goes in you need to get the gaps back.

They do need to do something to prevent what happened this year...
Hopefully the negligence in the application of rules in this instance and the surrounding furore will force the ruling body to hold a mirror up to themselves. Certainly Mercedes will be pushing for a reaction.

Really enjoyable sport at times but they need to tidy up certain ridiculous rules (like tyre changes under a re-start and pit-stops under a safety car) which eliminate “let them race” advantages and remove strategy in favour of lottery.

And then make sure the rules are actually applied properly.

I really hope you’re right and there is closer spec cars. I just get the feeling the usual teams will still be stronger. Happy to be proved wrong.

Would love to see Lando Norris do really well next year. He really is a top character and a really talented driver.
So next season is a start, there is new shape to cars and new regulations that will bring cars closer together in terms of what they can do, not massively or game changing, but better.

The power units will be the exact same but I believe they are frozen for the next 3 years (don't quote me on that), and in 2025 I believe it is being tightened even more.

So we will see closer cars, more overtaking etc, but the power will have to be improved by the individual teams if they want a faster car. Never the less, it's getting better.

They definitely need to stop letting teams chirp away at the race director, especially in the middle of a safety car/crash situation.

It's great that we get these insights, but RB clearly knew they could put some pressure on Masi to do something unusual, which isn't the way it should be.

Also Schumi was a cheat. He literally was disqualified for trying to ram Villeneurve off the track. He was also suspended for ignoring black flags. An incredible driver and one of the greatest of all time, but let's not whitewash his history which includes a lot of unsporting behaviour.

I think the teams probably have too much power. Especially red bull who have effectively two teams. Remember when the FIA tried to change the regs the teams all refused and threatened to start up their championship and in the end the Fia backed down. I think they are scared of that happening again. Alot of the teams and drivers aren't happy about what happened yesterday and I would imagine the owners of f1 might have something to say

I think the teams probably have too much power. Especially red bull who have effectively two teams. Remember when the FIA tried to change the regs the teams all refused and threatened to start up their championship and in the end the Fia backed down. I think they are scared of that happening again. Alot of the teams and drivers aren't happy about what happened yesterday and I would imagine the owners of f1 might have something to say
Red Bull owning both Red Bull Racing and Alpha Tauri doesn't give them more power, they are treated as individual teams, nothing Alpha Tauri does on the race track relates to what Red Bull Racing does on the track.

They are only treated as sister teams, in which most teams have sister teams such as Mercedes and Williams, Ferrari and Alfa Romeo, etc, they do not gain more power just because one company has 2 teams racing on track.

So next season is a start, there is new shape to cars and new regulations that will bring cars closer together in terms of what they can do, not massively or game changing, but better.

The power units will be the exact same but I believe they are frozen for the next 3 years (don't quote me on that), and in 2025 I believe it is being tightened even more.

So we will see closer cars, more overtaking etc, but the power will have to be improved by the individual teams if they want a faster car. Never the less, it's getting better.
My understanding is that there is a big change to the back wing which will reduce the dirty air behind a car, thus meaning a chasing car isn't put at such a disadvantage.

Reactions: JAL
My understanding is that there is a big change to the back wing which will reduce the dirty air behind a car, thus meaning a chasing car isn't put at such a disadvantage.

You would be correct.

Above website in regards to changes next season. @Ricey

Back