• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fossets

fatshrimp

Manager
Is the announcement about the ground due for tomorrow?

Fingers crossed...

OK, thanks wasn't sure about the date.

Colchester were on the brekkie news. Apparently, their new stadium is going up at a rate of knots and is causing tailbacks on the A12 due to people slowing down to gawp.

Going up quickly, so I can only assume the thing is made of Meccano!

Surely the inspectors report is a positive one...

If we dont get the go ahead from government now, we never will.

Tell me about it, a poster from here kindly has just sent me a lot of SUFC cuttings from the Echo around the time Jobson wanted to move the club to Basildon and reading & understanding some of the background to past stadium plans, it really hits home how important it is the plans for FF are passed this time. Ironically most of the FF site is what the council initially suggested to Jobson & Adams was their preferred site for a new stadium in 1992.

The thing that worries me is that the report can be the most postive thing around yet the Secretary of State can still reject the application :p

The decision is expected on or before the 6th March 2008.

Last edited:
The decision is expected on or before the 6th March 2008.

Why can't they make their @@@@ing mind up! Its would be more than 12 month since the Council approve the plan - that make me hate Ruth Kelly even more now, the delay should not happen when you got support from the Council from Rochford and Southend.

Why can't they make their @@@@ing mind up! Its would be more than 12 month since the Council approve the plan - that make me hate Ruth Kelly even more now, the delay should not happen when you got support from the Council from Rochford and Southend.

Why do you hate the Transport Secretary. What's it to do with her?:confused:

Try Hazel Blears.

Why do you hate the Transport Secretary. What's it to do with her?

Try Hazel Blears.

Its was Ruth Kelly rejected our plan in March 2007 - has she did'nt rejected, we would see a new stand poping up near Waitrose in Fossett Farm by now, this has put our Stadium plan on hold until 2008!

I bet Ruth Kelly would reject brighton stadium plan has she did'nt get removed from her job.

I don't think Ruth Kelly rejected our plans. I think that under the terms of the DOE's policy on out of town retail developments , she called them in for review.

As said in my earlier post the final decision is due on or before 6th March. Check out the southend council website, it says it there guys...

Here

Last edited:
i think the deadline is march but going on past applications there is a rule of thumb of a week per day (at the hearing) and so they expect it in January.

I have just given up getting excited cause as soon as a date is set its always about waiting for the next date GRRR! The sooner we just get a plain and simple yes or no the better!!!!!!

I have just given up getting excited cause as soon as a date is set its always about waiting for the next date GRRR! The sooner we just get a plain and simple yes or no the better!!!!!!

Surely you don't expect a government body to make things like this simple do you? :thump: ;)

Back