• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fossets

Yeah we dont want a stadium, we dont want the town to get 7 million for improvements, we dont want any change and just want to sit and watch the town deteiorate into a shanty town with wild dogs roaming the street feeding off of the corpses of football supporters.

Or something.

Surely these people that dont want the stadium would take it as a good thing the club are donating so much money to improve the town ?

They just see the negative in everything, sound like some SZ posters :)

Some people just see the worst in everything. Southend are giving the council 7m, so despite reading that it was for improvements to compensate for any effect FF has on the Town Centre, they jump to the conclusion that it was a bribe....

And they wonder why no-one takes them seriously.

Ron Martin just on Look East, decision hoped by mid February.

What happened to the early Jan decision? The Government have had the report since start of Dec.

The deadline for the decision is early March, but I think that can be extended, lets hope not.

It looks like the decision is going to come too late to get the ground built by the start of 2009 season. We will be looking at a 2009/10 mid-season start at best or might not be ready until start of 2010 season!

Thats assuming it is a 'yes' decision if it's a 'no' then we might have to go through all this again.

Not exactly FF related but I renewed my Espanyol season ticket (for NEXT season)today at Espanyol's new purpose built ground in Cornella(outside Barcelona , near the aiport).Great to see a computer simulation of the view from our seats on the halfwayline but I wasn't so pleased at having to pay 25% of the cost upfront as I'm not a standing oder fan and prefer to pay by C/C or in cash.
Hope R/M won't be following this example if the FF move finally comes off.

apparently there will be a "virtual system" in pace if we get a yes so that you can see what the view will be like from different areas

This delay is an utter disgrace when it has been approved by both of the councils concerned. It should simply be a matter of rubber stamping the plans when there has been such overwhelming support and the inspector was apparently favourable. Having said that, I'd expect nothing less from this government of ours. :guns:

This delay is an utter disgrace when it has been approved by both of the councils concerned. It should simply be a matter of rubber stamping the plans when there has been such overwhelming support and the inspector was apparently favourable. Having said that, I'd expect nothing less from this government of ours. :guns:

there isn't a delay as such, it was called in and the deadline is march, although it is expected that the decision should be made any time soon

there isn't a delay as such, it was called in and the deadline is march, although it is expected that the decision should be made any time soon

I hope it is announced soon, but realistically I don't actually expect to hear until the deadline, such is the inefficiency of this government.

What happened to the early Jan decision? The Government have had the report since start of Dec.

The deadline for the decision is early March, but I think that can be extended, lets hope not.

It looks like the decision is going to come too late to get the ground built by the start of 2009 season. We will be looking at a 2009/10 mid-season start at best or might not be ready until start of 2010 season!

Thats assuming it is a 'yes' decision if it's a 'no' then we might have to go through all this again.

From the interview Im sure RM said the report actually got sent to the department first week in January.

Whenever it gets agreed its an 18 month project so hopefully 2009 may be achievable if agreed in March. Will be a push though.

From the interview Im sure RM said the report actually got sent to the department first week in January.

Whenever it gets agreed its an 18 month project so hopefully 2009 may be achievable if agreed in March. Will be a push though.

Hmmmm... Latest stadium update on the official site (dated 16th Oct 2007) stated that the Inspectorate would file his report at the very latest by Friday 7th December.

It was also expected that the club would learn the outcome towards the end of 2007 beginning of 2008:hilarious:

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewStadiumDetail/0,,10444~1144903,00.html

Are we saying that the report was not filed by the Inspectorate until the beginning of Jan, if so then there has been a delay (with that part of the process) and we might not get a decision much before the deadline day which I think is the 7th March?

Who knows how these things work. The Inspector may well have submitted it on time and it may then need to get assigned to the department.

Or maybe RM means beginning of December, or I misheard!

Either way the decision will be made March the 6ththe latest and RM is hoping for mid Feb, which is only a couple of weeks away. Nervy times!!

Last edited:
Who knows how these things work. The Inspector may well have submitted it on time and it may then need to get assigned to the department.

Or maybe RM means beginning of December, or I misheard!

Either way the decision will be made March the 6ththe latest and RM is hoping for mid Feb, which is only a couple of weeks away. Nervy times!!

Weren't they hoping for late January at one point?

Still, at least we'll know soon.... nervy times indeed :o

Weren't they hoping for late January at one point?

Still, at least we'll know soon.... nervy times indeed :o

I always thought it was late January but early March isn't far now. At least February is a short month.

Think originally RM was hoping for something late December, then January, now its February.

The actual date is March but I think he is still hopeful of a decision prior to then.

At worse its going to be no more than 6 weeks now so the end of the tunnel is in sight.

Perhaps the Zone can set up a countdown clock to the 6th of March and if it's any earlier, it will come as a nice surprise (or nasty surprise:( )

Less than 4 weeks to go before the deadline, looks like they will keep us waiting right until the last day.

They are certainly taking their time about it. The B&Q that has been built at FF also went to a public enquiry and permission to build that was granted far quicker than the stadium.

What I do know is that on the day the decision is annouced, ShrimperZone will go into 'meltdown'.

Speaking to a colleague the other day who used to work in some gov planning department; other half still does, and he reckons that the gov and no longer passing consent for out of town retail developments due to adverse affects on town centres. Hope this doesn't affect our planning, but doesn't sound too promising.
On another point, Rons pending 'issues' with the police investigation about money laundering or planning irregularties with that concillor are still hanging over us. Isn't that due soon as well?
Fingers really crossed that we get a positive decision really soon and Ron is exonerated.

Another day gone & no news. There are only 18 working days left on which the decision will be announced.

Funny the longer it goes on, the less confident I am of a 'Yes' decision.

Back