• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fossets

There havent actually been any delays, its still the 6th March as its always been.

The only delay there has been was the report was meant to be submitted on the 10th December and was submitted on the 21st.

Whilst thats the official date it was hoped we would hear back before and it was that assumption that may have led to people think its been delayed...

There havent actually been any delays, its still the 6th March as its always been.

The only delay there has been was the report was meant to be submitted on the 10th December and was submitted on the 21st.

Whilst thats the official date it was hoped we would hear back before and it was that assumption that may have led to people think its been delayed...

I think the delays mentioned are the fact that this was called in by the government in the first place...

I thought the report was submitted at the start of Jan?

Most planning decisions that go to the inspectorate are not usually delayed and most of the time the decision is given well before the deadline date (The B&Q development at FF was granted by the inspectorate in a much shorter timescale than the Stadium decision). Maybe we will be the unlucky ones & it will be delayed:(

An update on the Official Site would be nice though, the official site did state the decision would be given late December early Jan!
Ahh... just seen on the other thread that an update was given a couple of weeks ago on the Official Site.. sorry must have missed it.

I've had a horrible feeling that this would be rejected ever since it went to inquiry, so I'm a bit resigned to the inevitable appeal.
I hope the government prove me wrong though!

If it is rejected, as far as I can tell the decision can only be reviewed if it is successfully challenged in the High Court because of a legal error.

The Inspectorates decision is FINAL but the developer can change the plans and make a new application to the Council!

In other words start the whole process over again:(

Can any planning experts out there confirm this?

I think the delays mentioned are the fact that this was called in by the government in the first place...

Yes its peoples lack of understanding of the process that probably makes them think its being delayed.

We knew from the beginning though that as the original planning inspector recommend it be referred even if the councils agreed it the plans had to be escalated to the planning department.

I thought the report was submitted at the start of Jan?

Most planning decisions that go to the inspectorate are not usually delayed and most of the time the decision is given well before the deadline date (The B&Q development at FF was granted by the inspectorate in a much shorter timescale than the Stadium decision). Maybe we will be the unlucky ones & it will be delayed:(

An update on the Official Site would be nice though, the official site did state the decision would be given late December early Jan!
Ahh... just seen on the other thread that an update was given a couple of weeks ago on the Official Site.. sorry must have missed it.

On Look East Im sure ron Martin said it was meant to be submitted by December 10th but wasnt put through until the 21st.

They did say they hoped for a decision by early January but the official date has always been the 6th March.

Even now the hope is to hear prior to that date.

On Look East Im sure ron Martin said it was meant to be submitted by December 10th but wasnt put through until the 21st.

They did say they hoped for a decision by early January but the official date has always been the 6th March.

Even if the report had been submitted by the 10th Dec there is no way the decision would have been announced in early Jan. Wishfull thinking by RM, looks like he expected a much quicker decision.

The inspectorate have had the report for 10 weeks now & still no decision.

No news today so what day will it be announced Tues, Weds, Thurs or could it still be delayed:(

Even if the report had been submitted by the 10th Dec there is no way the decision would have been announced in early Jan. Wishfull thinking by RM, looks like he expected a much quicker decision.

No news today so what day will it be announced Tues, Weds, Thurs or could it still be delayed:(

I predict that there will be an announcement on Thursday that the decision has been delayed :p

Still no news today. Only Weds & Thurs left now.

Get ready for Shrimperzone meltdown when the decision is finally announced.

You dont know that theres no decision.

A decision could have been made and they may well just be putting together the respoonse.

Theres no guarantee it wont be delayed but all the indicators and responses from the government are the decision will be on or before the 6th.

Hopefully that bears out to be the case.

Well, its clearly going to go to the wire (before we all hear anyway!) and I can't help feeling its going to be a disappointment as in further delay as more information/amendments are required or a flat 'No' :thump:
My heartrate must be about 5 beats per minute more this week!

Well, its clearly going to go to the wire (before we all hear anyway!) and I can't help feeling its going to be a disappointment as in further delay as more information/amendments are required or a flat 'No' :thump:

Blimey what century do you live in? Surely you mean it's going to go to the fibre optic cable?!!!

:p

Don't worry, coat's on and i'm out the door.

As far as I know the Inspectorate's decision is a final Yes or No.
They do not request any more information or request any amendments.

Back