• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fossets

Another day gone & no news. There are only 18 working days left on which the decision will be announced.

Funny the longer it goes on, the less confident I am of a 'Yes' decision.

Thats your half empty glass mentality working against you :)

Theres no factual reason to think theres any reason why its going to be rejected and you are just torturing yourself.

The report was submitted a couple of weeks late and the due date hasnt moved, its still the 6th.

Have faith and until theres any news to the contrary just go on the basis no news is good news.

starting to get a bit "squeeky-bum" about this... was wearing my "Support the Blues" t-shirt loud and proud last night at 5-a-side!

starting to get a bit "squeeky-bum" about this... was wearing my "Support the Blues" t-shirt loud and proud last night at 5-a-side!

I've had a horrible feeling that this would be rejected ever since it went to inquiry, so I'm a bit resigned to the inevitable appeal.

I hope the government prove me wrong though!

I love these "feelings" people have :)

Theres no basis for thinking it will get turned down at present so whilst theres no guarantee it will be agreed I think it will get teh green light and it says alot about a persons personality at times like this.

The council agreed it unanimously, new grounds get agreed all the time and the inspector seemed very positive so you I think its more likely to get agreed than rejected.

I love these "feelings" people have :)

Theres no basis for thinking it will get turned down at present so whilst theres no guarantee it will be agreed I think it will get teh green light and it says alot about a persons personality at times like this.

The council agreed it unanimously, new grounds get agreed all the time and the inspector seemed very positive so you I think its more likely to get agreed than rejected.

Very true, there really is no reason to think it will be turned down!

Oh well another week gone only 14 working days left now!

Anyone know how it will be announced? If it's a 'yes' decision does RM get a big brown envelope packed full of documents or if it's 'no' a simple 1 page letter?

RM will probably call a press conference at Roots Hall, but by the time that takes place news about the decision would almost certainly have leaked out.

Oh well another week gone only 14 working days left now!

Anyone know how it will be announced? If it's a 'yes' decision does RM get a big brown envelope packed full of documents or if it's 'no' a simple 1 page letter?

RM will probably call a press conference at Roots Hall, but by the time that takes place news about the decision would almost certainly have leaked out.

The decision letter will be pretty much the same length either way. News will certainly leak out before any press conference because all of the main parties get sent the letter at the same time (SUFC, Council, Press, Objectors etc).

By the way it is not unheard of for the government to say very late in the day, ie just before the deadline, that there has been a delay and that the decision letter will be issued up to a few weeks later.

By the way it is not unheard of for the government to say very late in the day, ie just before the deadline, that there has been a delay and that the decision letter will be issued up to a few weeks later.

That could well happen.:(

Even if it is a yes decision there is now little chance of the ground being ready for the start of the 2009/10 season, so we are already looking at a mid season ready date during 2009/10 at the earliest.

Back