• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fossets

Is it only me who can see the irony that something as insignificant* as this is thrown open to public consultation, whilst things like a single European currency and surrendering all our powers to Brussels are kept firmly behind closed doors !!!

*obviously this isn't insigificant to us ... but is to the vast majority of people in this town, let alone this country

Is it only me who can see the irony that something as insignificant* as this is thrown open to public consultation, whilst things like a single European currency and surrendering all our powers to Brussels are kept firmly behind closed doors !!!

*obviously this isn't insigificant to us ... but is to the vast majority of people in this town, let alone this country

I know what you mean there - it's just the way government works, sadly.

I have just given up getting excited cause as soon as a date is set its always about waiting for the next date GRRR! The sooner we just get a plain and simple yes or no the better!!!!!!

That's exactly how i feel about it now. I'm not interested in hearing about it unless its the yes you can have it or no you can't.

Theres not been any delays I think its people not understanding the process and being impatient that causes them to be frustrated. We have known for some time the inquiry would be in September then the decision will be made late 07/early 08 so not sure why people are getting wound up.

Anyway as far as I understand it the report has been with the government since 7th December and the next thing we will hear is whether its been agreed or not.

It will happen hopefully early next year but as said above could be as late as March but the club are expecting it in January at the latest Im sure.

One of the stewards in the West was saying end of the month for news...well he said 28th which I assume was Jan cos he seemed quite pleased it was soon.

Not sure where that come from but thats what he told me....distracted me from Blue Belle watch for a moment...

The official date I heard from Ron last night was the 6th of March..

It's the government. What else do you expect but needless delays?!? ;)

Very true but its hardly a taxing issue is it?? If Rochford and Southend Council don't have a problem with it then why is it such a big issue??

As has been said all along the deadline is 6th March however Ron hopes to hear sooner, hopefully end of January.

someone I know who works in central government told me the the cd containing the inspectors report has gone missing in the post;)

Sooner the better, Then we can start pointless poring over the plans ,where you can see the individual seats, as everywhere decides where they want to sit, then changes their mind as soon as they go to look in 2 years time...

Sooner the better, Then we can start pointless poring over the plans ,where you can see the individual seats, as everywhere decides where they want to sit, then changes their mind as soon as they go to look in 2 years time...

That, of course, is if the plans get approved :p

Yeah we dont want a stadium, we dont want the town to get 7 million for improvements, we dont want any change and just want to sit and watch the town deteiorate into a shanty town with wild dogs roaming the street feeding off of the corpses of football supporters.

Or something.

Surely these people that dont want the stadium would take it as a good thing the club are donating so much money to improve the town ?

They just see the negative in everything, sound like some SZ posters :)

Back