• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy Eastwood

everytime i saw the ball on the wing on saturday freddy did not sprint to get in the box he dropped off were as its his job to put the ball in the net!

will any body even miss him if he left in the summer ??

Do you not think he drops off because he likes to get the ball on the edge of the area where he scores most of his goals from ?

I see that as a decision on his part (right or wrong) however many seem to see it as laziness. I dont think they understand how Freddy plays.

Will anybody miss him ? Lets see when he goes and no one else is being as lazy as him and scoring 20 goals a season....

Is it me or since freddy scored that winnning goal against man united. he doesn't really seem like wanting to play. Week in week out he gets started when other players train there hardest and dont get started and only every now and again does he make an impact. everytime i saw the ball on the wing on saturday freddy did not sprint to get in the box he dropped off were as its his job to put the ball in the net! he isn't exactly a role considering his disgrace in bakers bar the other either. will any body even miss him if he left in the summer ??

biggest thing that frustrates me about freddy is when he casually strolls back from an offside position when a good ball gets put through to him. he must do this 3 or 4 times every game. i can't see any good in doing this, what he thinks he may gain by doing it.

eastwood is such a good player, but i feel we could get so much more from him and he could go on to bigger and better things if he bucks his ideas up.

for example, put more effort it. make more runs, stays onside and gets into better positions. he could be such a better player in my opinion.

Thierry Henry does that too to good effect. He lets the play catch up with him and saves energy for when he needs it.

I believe if we had a strike partner as good as freddy who could poach and put the ball in the back of the net then freddy could drop off and would latch onto through balls. unfortunately, if freddy leaves we have no-one to fulfil either of these rolls.

Now you are being Daft Jam ...Compering those two together.;)

Not really, they are similar types of strikers. To be successful in the Premiership as that kind of striker though you need to be world class.

It remains to be seen what Freddy can really produce in my opinion.

I totaly agree with you there. He has become very lazy and does not seem to be putting enough effort into the games lately

Not true with Fred. His game is based on sprints and short bursts. If he is chasing around for 90 minutes he wont be as good at what he does best.

Jam Man has it spot on, Henry by his own admission doesnt put a massive amout of effort into training, or chasing lost causes in matches.

Another thing with Freddy - how many chances do the team actually make for him? He has to make and score most of his goals himself and that oftenmeans having to beat one or more often two defenders. He cant do that every time he gets the ball.

Freddy Eastwood is one of the best talents to grace southend united and will no doubt be a true southend legend. I have spoken personally with freddy and after the game with leicester he was distraught that we had not won the game, he desperately wants to help keep us up. I don't think he's lazy, he does conserve energy but is not lazy, he's not greedy, he's a team player and a southend united without freddy eastwood this season would be certain for relegation. He wants to better himself and go on another level but is happy at southend for the time being, he wanted to go in january and most people know where, because he has a point to prove!!

Now you are being Daft Jam ...Compering those two together.;)

Didnt say Freddy was as good as Henry but the laid backness is definitely similar.

If Henry played for us people would be slating the lazy bugger :)

I reckon West Ham, Watford and Charlton could be somewhere he ends up.

They have the money, and are big clubs and Freddy may well be a player they are interested in once in the Championship.

Don't know the guy, but do speak to him and he talks back. Nice man, good with autograph hunters.

If West Ham wanted him and offered him £10,000 per week to play for them, and he didnt have to uproot he would bite their hands off to do so.

He wont hold grudges about being let go, after all its a different club now with different owners, backroom staff etc.

Would be a sickener if it happened though.

Back