• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy Eastwood

especially if they went down and he came back to roots hall playing for west ham!

League 1 = Yes
Championship = No idea

If he can score the amount of goals he has for us when we have been rooted at the bottom he is good enough for this division.

Imagine what he could do for a better team.

And yes, if he went to West Ham and scored against us at Roots Hall I would have to be sick on my mates shoes.

I can see that happening to be totally honest, although i think charlton to be his most likely destination. Pards was interested at west ham, and if they lose bent (which will probably happen) then freddy would be a good buy for them, only if they get relegated you understand.

Is it me or since freddy scored that winnning goal against man united. he doesn't really seem like wanting to play. Week in week out he gets started when other players train there hardest and dont get started and only every now and again does he make an impact. everytime i saw the ball on the wing on saturday freddy did not sprint to get in the box he dropped off were as its his job to put the ball in the net! he isn't exactly a role considering his disgrace in bakers bar the other either. will any body even miss him if he left in the summer ??

Finally someone who agree with me(and obviously others) i fink freds way over rated nd peple tht are puttin a 4 mill price tag on him have narrow vision, take at col ewe they have 2 strikers on i fink about 14 nd 16?? gols in the league this season, surely the would be the next best thing to cum to the premiership

not doubting freddis talent just his work rate tho

For a british player like freddy eastwood, he is worth around 1.5 million and i've never thought anymore.

Finally someone who agree with me(and obviously others) i fink freds way over rated nd peple tht are puttin a 4 mill price tag on him have narrow vision, take at col ewe they have 2 strikers on i fink about 14 nd 16?? gols in the league this season, surely the would be the next best thing to cum to the premiership

not doubting freddis talent just his work rate tho

You appear to be missing some vowels on your keyboard, my friend ... oh, and a few consonants!

;)

oooo sorry if i offended you i'm only young and therefore can surely be excused for a lack of keyboard etiquette

Thierry Henry does that too to good effect. He lets the play catch up with him and saves energy for when he needs it.

Van Nistelrooy too. In fact I often think that Freddy has tried to incorporate a lot of RVN's philosophy towards offsides into his game. He'll often just saunter around in an offside position seemingly without a care in the World. That is until the ball is past him and he becomes onside again. The trouble is that because he is so much better than every other player we have we continually look to bring him into the game, even when we should be looking for another option.

I must have said it a dozen times over the last six months but Freddy Eastwood really is the least of our worries and I'm truely amazed at the criticism he gets.

When people realised he wanted to leave is when the criticism really kicked in unfortunately.

No one blames him for wanting to better himself but plenty now think less of him anyway....

:p interactive whiteboard:p

o and by the way its chalk board, "black" board is considered racist

Last edited:
When people realised he wanted to leave is when the criticism really kicked in unfortunately.

No one blames him for wanting to better himself but plenty now think less of him anyway....

As a culture we like nothing more than knocking down those that we've built up.

It makes good amateur punditry too :"Yeah, that bloke that everyone rates, I think he's crap".

Last edited:
As a culture we like nothing more than knocking down those that we've build up.

It makes good amateur punditry too :"Yeah, that bloke that everyone rates, I think he's crap".

Indeed.

Happens in reverse sometimes.

Spent years saying Che Wilson was crap then he seems to get a fan club on here this season saying how good he is and should be back in the team :)

Spent years saying Che Wilson was crap then he seems to get a fan club on here this season saying how good he is and should be back in the team
But that only happens when someone hasnt played for a while and people forget how poorly they used to rate him. An example is the bring back Billy thread.

Freddy no doubt a talented player and our best player, I think that before and after the Man U game he's had to deal with alot of unwanted press coverage and its been playing on his mind.

And yes the offsides are frustrating.

The thing about his 'offside problem' is he often makes runs which either our players doesn't see or the pass isn't on and they're the runs he's made for since the day he joined, yeah sometimes he is offiside but it's not always his fault. That's got to be frustrating for him.

Personally, I still thank him for his performances he gave us over the past two seasons, we wouldn't be here without him and gave us some memorable goals and moments. This season he's struggled at times but I'm right behind him and fancy him to score some important goals yet.

Think fred will finish around 20 goals this season.I for one would have settled for that at start of season.His of pitch activities have put a bit of a cloud over him,but he is a young man with money in his pocket,he only mirrors a great many other young men. I for one hope he stays,god knows where we would be without his goals.As for his private life, give the lad a bit of slack.

The thing is, he ISN'T the typical young footballer with money is his pocket. He lives in a mobile home; he drives horse and carts on his days off; he fights passionately for travellers rights. I don't think you could find many Championship footballers doing the same, do you?

Regardless, when Freddy runs at defenders, ALL fans get on the edge of their seat , he is an exciting playing (most exciting players can be frustrating), but his goals over the past 3 seasons have got us promoted TWICE and kept us in the race for survival this year. No one can deny his goals and he still is out most dangerous player. His work rate has always been slightly questionable, but so what, he gives that little extra. Luton are in trouble becase they have not replaced Howard, Leeds are in trouble becuase they do not have an "Eastwood" - as I said we can only look at survial because we have !!!
Lets not slate lets enjoy , he is a confidence player, let us start giving him this confidence, as a confident Eastwood is our best chance of survival !!!

Back