• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster, I think you'll find your on another planet son! There are quite afew mistakes in that article.

"This is our first season in League One, or the 3rd Division as I prefer." - Dont you mean 2nd Division?

"Aaah, well, the last time we were in this division, we romped to a 2-1 win away at the big-hitters of Scarborough with Coleman and Hails finding the target. We then went on to win the next 3 games, unbelievably, before losing the next two to two other giants of football, Chester and Carlisle. A couple of wins (against Rotherham and Brighton) and then we literally fell apart, to a succession of draws and abject defeats. We actually went 10 games without a win, something we can't afford to do this time round. The season finished abysmally and we were relegated." - Think you'll find that was the 3rd division and we didnt get relegated because if we were relegated in that season we'd of been in the conference!
biggrin.gif

Think you should rethink that article!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ June 28 2005,21:38)]"This is our first season in League One, or the 3rd Division as I prefer." - Dont you mean 2nd Division?
Probably not! Us old boys still refer to League One as the Third Division, i.e. as far as I'm concerned we got promoted from the Fourth Division last season. Damn all these name changes!!

But you're spot on with your second observation. That was indeed our first season back in the "Fourth Division", especially since Scarborough have never been higher than the basement division in the Football League. Tsk! Naps! Slack, boy, slack!

BTW - Mighty Shrimper: stones and glass houses! How do you spell "front" again?!

WS

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ June 28 2005,20:38)]Napster, I think you'll find your on another planet son! There are quite afew mistakes in that article.  

"This is our first season in League One, or the 3rd Division as I prefer." - Dont you mean 2nd Division?
Ah, the problems with name changes.
League 1 is still the third division , The premiers**te is the first, Championship the second (The lack of the capital letter indicates that it is not being used as a name but as numerical order).

I stand by my assertion of calling it the 3rd division.

Of course, if anyone wants to write any articles, please feel free to contribute. It's easy to criticise!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 29 2005,11:00)]I stand by my assertion of calling it the 3rd division.

Of course, if anyone wants to write any articles, please feel free to contribute. It's easy to criticise!
We are with you on this Naps !!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 29 2005,11:23)]Morning Naps... you've been quiet on here recently...

rock.gif
Just come back from a sojourn in the Lake District.

smile.gif

ps I see my 30th birthday is the day before Forest at home. Get in!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 29 2005,11:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 29 2005,11:23)]Morning Naps... you've been quiet on here recently...

rock.gif

smile.gif

bloody hell your not 30 yet, youve had a hard ol life my friend
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 29 2005,12:00)]
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif

smile.gif
Nice one.  Hope you had the weather for it...

smile.gif

Matt
Oh yes. Rained heavily on the journey up there but nothing but hot sunshine till last night.

Back on topic- I'll try and rewrite tomorrow!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ June 29 2005,11:59)]
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif

smile.gif

bloody hell your not 30 yet, youve had a hard ol life my friend
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
oops.gif
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ June 29 2005,12:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 29 2005,11:00)]I stand by my assertion of calling it the 3rd division.

We are with you on this Naps !!!
We certainly are! Death to the Coca-Cola tin! Bring back the Third and Fourth Divisions!!

WS

tounge.gif
wink.gif

I didn't mind when it was the prem, div 1, 2 and 3, but all this 'Championship' nonsense which tries to make the FL look like something it's not - a 'mini-Premier League' in the case of the championship - is demeaning to the competition. To call the league's third tier 'league 1' is just nonsense.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ June 29 2005,13:23)]We certainly are! Death to the Coca-Cola tin! Bring back the Third and Fourth Divisions!!

WS

tounge.gif
wink.gif
That said, I'm not at all sure I could handle being relegated thrice this season if they did change it at the end!!

ghostface.gif

Back