• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Furious Southend United fans locked team out Roots Hall following big defeat at Colchester United (2020)

Have you seen these lads play their futures are in the isthmian league and a bit of abuse from our fans is not going to change that
That may be the case re their futures, but i still dont agree with the actions. I am frustrated too with the situation but the last thing on my mind was to go to roots hall wait for the coach to arrive hurl abuse and throw eggs.

Wjile the performance maybe an embarrassment and the clubs situation has been an embarrassment for a while those taking these actions are an embarrassment to the club and other supporters.

Well done to all who did this in my opinion. The last time there was a planned protest Ron Trumped them by inviting them in and give out a load of fake news.

If nothing changes nothing will change and we will still be bumping along at the foot of the table.

Good on you lads.

I agree with the action but it needs to be made clear that this is not directed towards the young lads.
It's not their fault that they have been thrown to the wolves when they should be enjoying their football and developing in the youth leagues.
Next time, target the so-called 'professionals' and go knocking on Ron's door if that's the way we're going.

I'm shell-shocked by this - I've been trying to resist posting my frustration but finally I've cracked.

Having finally poached Weymouth's manager and coach and whisked up some supporter enthusiasm, a few weeks pass and Ron Martin now finds himself in a scramble to avoid the drop otherwise he will be fried.

Said manager should have parked the bus at Colchester and locked their attack out to deprive them of the eggstacy of beating their local rivals.

This club is now rotten to the core and it leaves a bad smell everywhere.

Finally something worse than the team's performance last night.

That will show them 16 year old youth players

Focus on the youth but there was plenty of experienced players in the team last night and some travelled even when not included. Couple that with MM and his entourage then you get the drift.

I doubt a few eggs and a locked gate is going to cause too much distress. It's more symbolic.

Had the coach been bricked and people physically confronted, that would have over stepped the mark.

Focus on the youth but there was plenty of experienced players in the team last night and some travelled even when not included. Couple that with MM and his entourage then you get the drift.

I doubt a few eggs and a locked gate is going to cause too much distress. It's more symbolic.

Had the coach been bricked and people physically confronted, that would have over stepped the mark.

Really..Whys that ?

I'm not sure how the literal children on the coach would have known they definitely weren't going to be physically confronted.

I'd imagine it was quite unnerving at the very least. Dark, late in an unwelcome area. The people throwing the eggs were probably masked up. Probably seemed more intimidating than it sounds written up the day later in a newspaper article.

Locking the gates, I'm absolutely fine with. The eggs I am uncomfortable about.

My thoughts - it wasn't anything personal, i.e. an attack on the players as individuals, more the whole situation the club is in.
Problem is, it seems Ron Martin doesn't care about the football side. Roots Hall is potentially just a big bag of money.
Who remembers the free T-shirts given to supporters queueing for Southampton away tickets in the FA cup? That was when...1995? Seems we are no further forward.
We're a club now with absolutely nothing in our favour; nothing to offer new recruits at any level. Even the stewards.

I'm not sure how the literal children on the coach would have known they definitely weren't going to be physically confronted.

I'd imagine it was quite unnerving at the very least. Dark, late in an unwelcome area. The people throwing the eggs were probably masked up. Probably seemed more intimidating than it sounds written up the day later in a newspaper article.

Locking the gates, I'm absolutely fine with. The eggs I am uncomfortable about.
the youngsters could not know if it was eggs or bricks. I'm sure quite an unnerving experience. I get the frustration and gate locking but causing damage and cost with intimidation of youngsters .... No use to anyone

i have the answer to our terrible form if someone on here can contact zone member [ cultist of sooty ] ask him to drive to walsall then as the team leave the coach wave your magic wand over the players . this will solve our away form. as for the chances of chairman ron waving a cheque around to solve our problems my money will be on sooty !

i have the answer to our terrible form if someone on here can contact zone member [ cultist of sooty ] ask him to drive to walsall then as the team leave the coach wave your magic wand over the players . this will solve our away form. as for the chances of chairman ron waving a cheque around to solve our problems my money will be on sooty !
We could play a Sweep-er!!

MM and his Merry Men will have to go sadly but they are just fall guys for their crooked employer sadly...I am sure we can all agree there.

Yes they are way out of their depth and comfort zone but cant be blamed per se for taking the job because Ronnie offered it...Martin will be very much aware of the need for proper due diligence given his murky business background; in this case it was probably not much more than a chat with Mr" Clean"Rednapp...Laughable...

I'm not sure what this action will achieve. Does anyone really believe that the chairman, management and players were oblivious to the feelings of the fans prior to this protest that resembled a schoolboy prank?

The players held up are merely out of their depth at the moment. They all have differing levels of ability but the set up they had to go with last night, necessarily wedging square pegs in round holes, was only going to gift Col U an easy night. Those players will be disappointed, embarrassed and probably feel let down.

The management team had to make a choice . Go strong in a meaningless match or rest players with the next league game in mind. They cobbled together the numbers, from a squad that lacks quality/experience in depth, to play a game that was a hindrance and not a help. MM is effectively managing with a blindfold, a gag and handcuffs. Great for a Friday dominatrix night but beggar all use when chasing League points. Give the guy a chance, some support and he may yet come out on top.

Nobody can do better with what we have. Absolutely pointless in manager bashing. Let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks or so.

At last someone saying how it should be. The people who did this have no sense or shame.

Back