• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Furious Southend United fans locked team out Roots Hall following big defeat at Colchester United (2020)

i have the answer to our terrible form if someone on here can contact zone member [ cultist of sooty ] ask him to drive to walsall then as the team leave the coach wave your magic wand over the players . this will solve our away form. as for the chances of chairman ron waving a cheque around to solve our problems my money will be on sooty !
He could take them to meet Mark Chamberlain - it won't play embedded here but you can watch Sooty going football crazy here:

He's staying home under lockdown at the moment. To be honest, he got irresponsible with his hammer and water pistol.

He could take them to meet Mark Chamberlain - it won't play embedded here but you can watch Sooty going football crazy here:

He's staying home under lockdown at the moment. To be honest, he got irresponsible with his hammer and water pistol.
love that it was just an idea we must all try and keep our sense of humour at this very sad time for our club [ love to sooty ]

If it puts Ron Martin in an uncomfortable position then fine by me. He has caused the locking gate, the eggs etc. and he deserves a damn sight more to come......every sickening statement he blames everyone else accept himself, ex managers, players but never HIMSELF

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some real brave people on here calling for others to attack Rons house.....We have all met those sort of people in life and we all know the truth about them.

If you haven't got the balls to do it yourself in person, then shut the f*** up.

Hopefully they now realise their pathetic displays haven’t gone unnoticed and will NOT be tolerated.

If this lot can’t handle a few eggs hitting the coach windows then how the hell are they going to be when the grounds are packed with the opposition fans giving it to them?.

these jokers have had it roo easy for too long, time to man up and start being professionals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully they now realise their pathetic displays haven’t gone unnoticed and will NOT be tolerated.

If this lot can’t handle a few eggs hitting the coach windows then how the hell are they going to be when the grounds are packed with the opposition fans giving it to them?.

these jokers have had it roo Fukin easy for too long, time to man up and start being professionals.

How would you feel if your 16/17 year old son had just made his debut for Southend and was on that coach?

How would you feel if your 16/17 year old son had just made his debut for Southend and was on that coach?
I would explain to him that if he followed in the footsteps of most of his colleagues this would be a regular thing and if you worked hard then the same fans would be clapping you on and off the coach.

that good enough for you clever clogs?.

I would explain to him that if he followed in the footsteps of most of his colleagues this would be a regular thing and if you worked hard then the same fans would be clapping you on and off the coach.

that good enough for you clever clogs?.
Why is someone a clever clogs just because they ask you a question?

There is some real brave people on here calling for others to attack Rons house.....We have all met those sort of people in life and we all know the truth about them.

If you haven't got the balls to do it yourself in person, then shut the f*** up.
Bore off Ron!

I'm afraid everything is so meseed up around the world right now (especialy the UK) I'm not surprised at all. Youth don't have respect for the police or the rights of opinions without violence. What really done it for me was the police taking the knee when yobsters were defacing British history and rioting. It's all disproportionate from left and right.

I'm quite sure this sort of thing wouldn't have happened a year ago, it would have been a voice of protest in the right way and peaceful.

To be honest, the team who was locked out of the gate & had eggs thrown at the window of their coach are lucky they don’t play for Legia Warsaw, they would get an battering by Legionaries if the players didn’t put no efforts on the pitch and lost.

Totally understand people's frustrations but agree that what went on last night is not acceptable. Yes some players have been part of this dire situation but not the young kids some of whom are the same age of my son. Surely a better time to protest if you wish to do so would be on a Saturday when RM other club officials and the 'first team' are driving in and out of the ground, these are the real culprits

People actually think this is acceptable because some young footballers were miles away from being as good as some other more experienced footballers?

Why? Just because it’s their job it must mean they are infallible and beyond being poor at their job?

Is it so strange that a group of people who are at the beginning of learning about the job aren’t as good as many other people who have been doing the same job for a lot longer?

I mean honestly, in what other industry......?

Add this to the ever growing list of reasons why other clubs will start to refuse us their young players on loan, agents won’t offer us their players to buy, players will refuse to come to us unless they are desperate (many are already choosing non league ahead of us)....I can tell you now it won’t be long before parents won’t be so keen for their sons to join the academy and young players will continue to move on as quickly as is possible when other interest comes up.

I’ve actually read people who thought it was amusing? Really? 17/18 year old kids sitting on a coach while “fans” throw objects at it? What the **** is funny about that? What the **** is even remotely acceptable about it?

I'm afraid everything is so meseed up around the world right now (especialy the UK) I'm not surprised at all. Youth don't have respect for the police or the rights of opinions without violence. What really done it for me was the police taking the knee when yobsters were defacing British history and rioting. It's all disproportionate from left and right.

I'm quite sure this sort of thing wouldn't have happened a year ago, it would have been a voice of protest in the right way and peaceful.
How do you know this was done by youth

Back