• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To be fair, every club has got them. ColU and us no different. Most are pretty decent folk interested in just a bit of harmless banter.
Mind you, unless you guys have been bumping into the same pair as op, you must have met about 80% of their home gate so the odds not in their favour of a minority claim lol

To be fair, every club has got them. ColU and us no different. Most are pretty decent folk interested in just a bit of harmless banter.
Mind you, unless you guys have been bumping into the same pair as op, you must have met about 80% of their home gate so the odds not in their favour of a minority claim lol

Very true, I have seen plenty of the same sort who are supposedly "fans" of our team. Mindless idiots are a fact of life I am afraid, whether connected to Football or not

I've lived in Colchester 2 weeks now and found it all rather pleasant (which is a shame as I wanted it to be a **** hole!).

Good and bad in all places - I think "Chav-Per-Capita" would be pretty high in Southend on Saturday night too...

i lived in colchester and did like it. but while i was there for 2 years i dont think i EVER met a colchester supporter . they all supported ipswich.

sad sad sh it team col u

i just love the way all col u fans think they are better than us because they done the double over us in the championship. they have all forgotten that they didnt beat us for i think 16 years. they can say were a "chaved up town" but those two blokes sound a lot like chaves to be. gobby little idiots who probably carry weapons.

i just love the way all col u fans think they are better than us because they done the double over us in the championship. they have all forgotten that they didnt beat us for i think 16 years. they can say were a "chaved up town" but those two blokes sound a lot like chaves to be. gobby little idiots who probably carry weapons.

There's something very surreal about imagining Sammy the Shrimp talking about people carrying weapons.

shrimp1

i lived in colchester and did like it. but while i was there for 2 years i dont think i EVER met a colchester supporter . they all supported ipswich.

sad sad sh it team col u

As I say, I've been here over 2 weeks now and in all the time out and about in the town, never seen a ColU shirt (or anything connected to the club!) - its like they dont recognise it at all - aside a few signs up around the streets directing you to the ground.

I've never been one to indulge in the "inbred", "carrot crunching A12 *****" abuse that's sometimes dished out on here.

But I must come on and report some very unsavoury behaviour from two of our friends from Cuckoo Farm, at the Chelmsford Beer Festival on Saturday night.

Noticing dark clouds up above I wore my Southend United rainjacket - an inoffensive Nike mac which has the 'tick' on one side and a small SUFC badge on the right.

About 8.30, whilst enjoying a pint with my friends, two very drunk men approached me. The first began spouting a lot of nonsense before it emerged he was a Colchester fan. I tried to engage in decent, articulate conversation about the varying fortunes of our sides but all I got was verbal abuse. Our stadium's fantastic, we beat you 6-0 last season (eh??), you've got a load of **** players blah blah blah. All very tame stuff really. I took it in good humour and turned my back on him to engage in some chat with my mates.

Clearly annoyed, this bloke turns to his mate. Let me describe this second character to you. About 5'6, decaying, missing and buck teeth, deep thick lenses on his glasses, ripped (not fashionable) jeans and a "2% drinker, 98% T W A T" t-shirt that really said it all.

Reeking the stench of a combination of 7 hours of beer and about 13 years of body odour, he came over to me and got within 3 inches of my nose. He preceeded to tell me how "f****** s***" Adam Barrett was and that although he didn't start fights, I would remember his face down at Roots Hall later this season. I couldn't tell whether this was a threat, or whether I would - indeed - never forget his ugly, pug-nosed, haggered face. Oh, he and his friend were about 25 by the way (but obviously looked a lot older).

None of this was provoked, nor did I encourage further abuse. In the end I let the second guy rant for about 3 minutes before laughing in his face and walking away.

What a shame the stereotype has been enforced. I now have so much more empathy for those on here who have given those lot a berating in the past.

lovely send him my way

Good and bad at all clubs, just a shame when you meet the bad!! I'm just greatful to Del one of the regulars on the col U board. When we beat them 3-0 at Layer rd "even Che Wilson Scored!" i'd missed out on a ticket, even though I had a season ticket, as did my daughter. Didn't know the guy, never met, but he bought 2 tickets for Em and I and we watched the game from the main stand. MAtt Hudson, their marketing guy came and said hi before the game, as Del is a mate of his, Em and I had even got into their Corner Bar before the game for a pint, and I'd flashed the enamel Shrimpers badge that's been with me since '77!!! (after the third went in the guy sitting next to me says "take it you're not supporting Col U?" "No" says I, "'Scuse me, I've gotta go under the stand, I've got a loud cheer to let out" He laugh's and I go below the main stand whee the passageway is to the mixed bogs, and let rip! Col U fans look even more ****ed off, and loads of laughter from fellow Blues, when I explain the background!

After the game about a dozen or so Blues fans were sitting in their main stand, as there were a lot of knowing nods and winks amongst several of us there, making our way down to pitchside, to the bemused looks of some of the players, as we applauded them off, colours now revealed. Happy Days! Lets hope we christen Cuckoo farm in a similar veign to two seasons ago, eh people!

Good and bad at all clubs, just a shame when you meet the bad!! I'm just greatful to Del one of the regulars on the col U board. When we beat them 3-0 at Layer rd "even Che Wilson Scored!" i'd missed out on a ticket, even though I had a season ticket, as did my daughter. Didn't know the guy, never met, but he bought 2 tickets for Em and I and we watched the game from the main stand. MAtt Hudson, their marketing guy came and said hi before the game, as Del is a mate of his, Em and I had even got into their Corner Bar before the game for a pint, and I'd flashed the enamel Shrimpers badge that's been with me since '77!!! (after the third went in the guy sitting next to me says "take it you're not supporting Col U?" "No" says I, "'Scuse me, I've gotta go under the stand, I've got a loud cheer to let out" He laugh's and I go below the main stand whee the passageway is to the mixed bogs, and let rip! Col U fans look even more ****ed off, and loads of laughter from fellow Blues, when I explain the background!

After the game about a dozen or so Blues fans were sitting in their main stand, as there were a lot of knowing nods and winks amongst several of us there, making our way down to pitchside, to the bemused looks of some of the players, as we applauded them off, colours now revealed. Happy Days! Lets hope we christen Cuckoo farm in a similar veign to two seasons ago, eh people!
Nice post,can't wait for our visit up there,come on you mighty shrimpers.

Del and Matt are indeed very decent people, Derek despite his ill health will do his upmost to help fellow fans home or away, and Matt (The Media manager) does his best to deal with supporters enquiries in a friendly and efficient manner.

Back