• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Gateshead 1-1 Southend United

How do clubs with such a small gate survive?
They need seven home games to match our 1 game income.
How could we possibly have owed so much that we received a 10 point penalty?
As above: Ron spent more than he could afford (or was willing to pay back...)

They have had a very decent run of results and look a good side but their fanbase is not good, as for the stadium it speaks for it’s self like I said two bob.
The stadium is a three-times refurbished athletics stadium with a bigger capacity than ours, but quite unsuitable for British football.
I'd bet you'd hate having to watch games in Serie A and other places where a track is the norm between pitch and stands.

From a Gateshead Fans View!

I enjoyed that. It's great to hear a true football fan speak about the game on his own video. He must have an image stabiliser on his camera, the match scenes were rock steady. He said some very generous and sympathetic things about us at the end of the video too. Well done sir, or as they would say up there "Well doon munn."

Because he gave the ball away on the halfway line that lead up to their goal…. He had the ball, lose touch pushed it toward an oppo player, 50:50 ball and Mooney bottled it, next thing they score… he was 100% to blame
To say he was 100% to blame is OTT. Yes, he played a part, but there was a lot to do before their player scored and we defended poorly on the edge of our box.

Mooney isn't playing well, he may want out, but let's not lose all sense of perspective as we sharpen our pitchforks.

To say he was 100% to blame is OTT. Yes, he played a part, but there was a lot to do before their player scored and we defended poorly on the edge of our box.

Mooney isn't playing well, he may want out, but let's not lose all sense of perspective as we sharpen our pitchforks.
Fair dos, saying 100% he was to blame is not correct. But his error was the primary contributor to the goal. That is a fact. To put the blame on their goal on our defending is disingenuous; any pressure on them came form Mooney having zero interest in challenging for a ball he lost control of under minimal pressure.

Whether or not he wants out of the club is another matter and, IMO, has no impression on one’s view of his contribution to the game. Everyone else in this squad is pulling up trees and performing miracles. We don’t have the squad size for players that aren’t contributing or giving 100%. So my perspective of things is that we have a tiny squad but out of all of them, only Mooney is not giving 100% and his avoidable error lead to their goal. How he gets a start ahead of Wood I have no idea.

Fair dos, saying 100% he was to blame is not correct. But his error was the primary contributor to the goal. That is a fact. To put the blame on their goal on our defending is disingenuous; any pressure on them came form Mooney having zero interest in challenging for a ball he lost control of under minimal pressure.

Whether or not he wants out of the club is another matter and, IMO, has no impression on one’s view of his contribution to the game. Everyone else in this squad is pulling up trees and performing miracles. We don’t have the squad size for players that aren’t contributing or giving 100%. So my perspective of things is that we have a tiny squad but out of all of them, only Mooney is not giving 100% and his avoidable error lead to their goal. How he gets a start ahead of Wood I have no idea.
So let's ignore the pass to him, that put him in that position. Yes, he lost a 50/50 challenge (who doesn't, that's why it's 50/50) but to suggest he is 100% to blame is outrageous.

Back