• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Gateshead 1-1 Southend United

On another thread, Cricko fairly asks “what is the point of Dan Mooney?”.
But what is the point of Mario Vilheti? With an absolutely threadbare midfield, Vilheti, a midfielder, did not get on the pitch.
I would imagine that might well be Mooney's last start for us. Kev had few options today but it is obvious that Mooney does not fit into the team's work ethic. His move here hasn't worked out so let's hope we are soon in a position to sign some new players and he is free to go elsewhere.

Glad to have an opportunity to comment on the game today. To feel connected again and witness once more our "**** & Vinegar" never give up attitude secure us a positive result under the circumstances. We won that game 1-1 not Gateshead. They are a good passing team that want to keep possession first at all cost. We are a decent passing team, but still give the ball away often. Great to see teams at this level playing this way. A large soul less stadium with minimal home support. It made me realize that we are a big club at this level and have a big supportive body of fans. Looking forward to Wealdstone at the Hall next Saturday. Common sense should tell us that we can't keep turning out these kind of performances, getting these kind of results for the rest of the season. However, I would never write this team off.

On another thread, Cricko fairly asks “what is the point of Dan Mooney?”.
But what is the point of Mario Vilheti? With an absolutely threadbare midfield, Vilheti, a midfielder, did not get on the pitch.
Vilhete was available, prepared to accept the complete insecurity of our situation, and has filled gaps when called on to the best of his ability. I’m amazed that some people think he’s worth a contract, but when he goes, he should do so with our thanks for helping us out at our time of need.

After our recent form it’s hard to believe we’re actually only 3 points above the drop zone, and 10 points from the play offs! We do have a game in hand over a lot of other sides but it shows you two things, firstly a bad run could drop us right back in trouble, so get that dammed takeover sorted pronto, and secondly, it’s a very tough ask to get into the playoffs from here. We keep picking up points but are getting no closer as so is everyone else. Of course we’ll keep trying, but I think this season is about putting everything in place to have a proper go at winning the league next season, with the play-offs being the minimum we should expect.

what an empty soulless s ** thole
give me a rundown Roots Hall any day
Our team spirit under this seasons circumstances has been magnificent, added to the fact home games are played between 5-8,000 crowds, which must give the players a boost.
For Gateshead to usually play a home game with around 1,000 crowd, in a ground with zero atmosphere, cant be something to look forward to?.
So i give credit when it's due, as they currently have a team who are well placed in the league, & morale must be high to be where they are?.
But yes, Roots Hall in it's current state is still light years ahead of their ground.

After our recent form it’s hard to believe we’re actually only 3 points above the drop zone, and 10 points from the play offs! We do have a game in hand over a lot of other sides but it shows you two things, firstly a bad run could drop us right back in trouble, so get that dammed takeover sorted pronto, and secondly, it’s a very tough ask to get into the playoffs from here. We keep picking up points but are getting no closer as so is everyone else. Of course we’ll keep trying, but I think this season is about putting everything in place to have a proper go at winning the league next season, with the play-offs being the minimum we should expect.
Its a tight league isnt it, aside from the top dogs.

Reality is we are closer to relegation then promotion, yet somehow we seem to be winning or drawing most of our games.

Would be a real fairytale to make the playoffs and gives them something to gun for but sadly i agree it may well be a bridge too far this year.

Unless the lads uncover a freddy mk2 then its hms **** the league time.

Our team spirit under this seasons circumstances has been magnificent, added to the fact home games are played between 5-8,000 crowds, which must give the players a boost.
For Gateshead to usually play a home game with around 1,000 crowd, in a ground with zero atmosphere, cant be something to look forward to?.
So i give credit when it's due, as they currently have a team who are well placed in the league, & morale must be high to be where they are?.
But yes, Roots Hall in it's current state is still light years ahead of their ground.
Spot on. We bumped into the three amigos, JD and Dave Martin at Peterborough services. Currie said that the players astound them every game. They are pretty much running on empty but as a group they stick together, fight for each other and somehow keep going and like today and although not at our best we got a result. They also couldn’t thank us enough and said we really don’t realise how much this group love the fans and again today were so apprentice of how many we took and the noise we made.

Last edited:
what an empty soulless s ** thole
give me a rundown Roots Hall any day
It’s not a ground designed for football and it’s open to the elements. Kills the atmosphere all those empty seats as well .. it makes you appreciate how close our stands are to the pitch and the “old school charm” of the Hall.

1-1 in those circumstances was superb and you could see when Cards celebrated on the athletics track (ffs) how much it meant. These lads keep going. We had other chances too. I’ll take the draw, happily.

Back