• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just had a google. That place looks fantastic!
It is really wonderful.We've been going there pretty much every year since the 80's to see either some jazz, blues or African music.The seagulls seem to like the music too.Great natural bowl & wonderful sound.Food's good too.Worth looking up the festival dates in July/August & booking an airbnb for a few days in the sun too!Séte's a really great place to spend some time in for anyone who doesn't know it.

Last edited:
A couple of hours after my first live football match since 2019 in Halifax, I made the short trip to Holmfirth to see Terrorvision at the Picturedrome for my first gig since January 2020. The show was originally scheduled for May last year.

I must admit I don't know much about Terrorvision other than the obvious Tequila, which the performed half way through the set, but I did recognise many of the songs.

Terrorvision certainly have a loyal following who enthusiastically bopped and sang along to every song. They do put on a great show and in normal times that would have been enough for me to have a fantastic evening, but for my first gig in 18 months, I would liked to have seen one of my favourite bands.

The Picturedrome has been upgraded a bit since my last visit, the old antiquated high stacked speakers on either side of the stage has been replaced by an overhead system which sounds clearer and means it is easier to see the band from more of the room. Plus, the loos have been refurbished to a more modern standard and they are lot bigger and look a lot more hygienic.

tv01.jpgtv02.jpgtv03.jpgtv04.jpgtv05.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoyed Al Murray's ( AKAThe Pub landlord) gig at the Cliffs on Friday night.Must say I was suprised at how few people were wearing facemasks.I counted 2 only, up in the balcony, (one worn by my wife).

Last edited:
Went to the cliffs earlier today to watch “last night of the proms “.
Not something we be done before but it was absolutely brilliant. The conductor was brilliant (Hilary Cavan wetting) and had a great rapport with the audience. I would imagine he would be a brilliant after dinner speaker.

I would highly recommend.

slightly spoilt by a parking ticket because I didn’t it fully input my reg. appeal on its way

Do they play a lot of tracks from that in their set Supernaut? A deliberate miss-spelling of odyssey by the band?
I've never seen them myself so I'm not sure if they regularly include songs from the album in their live sets, but in recent years since the album's reputation has grown they have played it in full. I believe the misspelling was an error by the graphic designer.

Do they play a lot of tracks from that in their set Supernaut? A deliberate miss-spelling of odyssey by the band?
Richard - they played a few when I saw them many moons ago. They also played some Argent tracks and some of Colin Blunstone's solo material. It was a really enjoyable gig. Rod and Colin stuck around afterwards to have a chat to the fans too.

Does he ever play any Jam or Style Council songs?
I went to see him ages ago, it was before the smoking ban because I remember him smoking at the piano just watching and listening everyone sing "that's entertainment" back to him. It was at hammersmith Apollo just after he released his covers album, which wasn't great, and we were afraid he would play that. He only played one song from the latest album and the rest was all Jam and early solo stuff, no style council though. Was a great gig, really gave the crowd all the hits they wanted.

I saw them at the Palladium a few years back.They played stuff from pretty much their whole career.Also saw them at a gig in Barna back in the day they were excellent.

I went to see him ages ago, it was before the smoking ban because I remember him smoking at the piano just watching and listening everyone sing "that's entertainment" back to him. It was at hammersmith Apollo just after he released his covers album, which wasn't great, and we were afraid he would play that. He only played one song from the latest album and the rest was all Jam and early solo stuff, no style council though. Was a great gig, really gave the crowd all the hits they wanteed.
Glad to hear he still plays the old songs. I only ever saw him once - it was in HMV on Oxford Street the week that Wild Wood (aka Winwood!!) came out and it was bloody great. I'd love to see him play a set of just Jam and TSC songs.

I prefer The Style Council to any of his other material which I can't say I am a fan of.
When ever I have been to see a Zombie or Colin Blunstone gig in London Paul is always there . The Zombies are his fav band and Colin is a fav singer , as he told me that Colin is an 'Absolute One Of' .

Back