• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin Stephenson & The Daintees - Gorilla, Manchester

Their Boat to Bolivia album spent a lot of time on my turntable back in the late 80s. I was very pleased to catch them at the Wardrobe in Leeds a couple of years ago in what turned out to be probably my favourite gig of 2017.

Apparently, the guitarist and drummer from that line up, a married couple by the way, had left the band just before the start of this tour leaving them scratching around for very late replacements. This was a very good gig, but perhaps was just not quite as good as at the Wardrobe, and maybe that was the reason.

That said, they mixed the set up from last time, I think only three songs were performed up both gigs. They did do Little Red Bottle this time, one of my favourites, and even opened with a mad Surfin' instrumental.

At £20 to get in, this was a bargain.

ms100sz.jpg

ms101sz.jpg

ms102sz.jpg

ms105sz.jpg

Steve Hackett - Cliffs Pavilion

This year's tour features the entire album 'Selling England By the Pound' and it didn't disappoint. A standing ovation at the end and at times during the show, being richly deserved.

It's the second time I've seen them and also saw Genesis back in the day. They were on stage for 2 and 1/2 hours and everything was as tight as ever.

Stand out tracks being 'Firth of Fifth' and 'Los Endos' at the very end, but so much was just excellent about the whole evening.

Also, a hats off to the staff at the Cliffs Pavilion. My B-I-L is wheelchair bound and they couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. The younger staff there particularly.

An all round top night.

Steve Hackett - Cliffs Pavilion

This year's tour features the entire album 'Selling England By the Pound' and it didn't disappoint. A standing ovation at the end and at times during the show, being richly deserved.

It's the second time I've seen them and also saw Genesis back in the day. They were on stage for 2 and 1/2 hours and everything was as tight as ever.

Stand out tracks being 'Firth of Fifth' and 'Los Endos' at the very end, but so much was just excellent about the whole evening.

Also, a hats off to the staff at the Cliffs Pavilion. My B-I-L is wheelchair bound and they couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. The younger staff there particularly.

An all round top night.

Excellent, does he still have a bass player using a double necked 4 and 6 string bass in the group AndyT?

Very jealous RN, one of my all time favourite songs

Is he doing just a small tour or UK

**No worries just looked at web site no tour :Cool:

Last edited:
Very jealous RN, one of my all time favourite songs

Is he doing just a small tour or UK

**No worries just looked at web site no tour :Cool:

Just a mini-tour to make it worth his while coming all the way down here from north Norfolk. His latter stuff's pretty good too, Blueronron - he's released three decent albums in the last 5 years as well as all the touring.

Back