• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not a music event, but went to the Palace Theatre to see Sir Ranulph Fiennes.

He talked about his school days, early army career and trekking across Antarctica, circumnavigating the globe, finding the lost city of Iram and climbing up Everest (he had a heart attack near the top, so didn’t make the last one)

Also talked about cutting off his own fingers due to frostbite.

Incredible, inspirational and witty bloke.

Only concern is how packed and hot it was in the theatre, we wore masks throughout, however a lot failed to observe the new regs… I’ll stop there, but it does p*ss me off.

Great show though!

Not a music event, but went to the Palace Theatre to see Sir Ranulph Fiennes.

He talked about his school days, early army career and trekking across Antarctica, circumnavigating the globe, finding the lost city of Iram and climbing up Everest (he had a heart attack near the top, so didn’t make the last one)

Also talked about cutting off his own fingers due to frostbite.

Incredible, inspirational and witty bloke.

Only concern is how packed and hot it was in the theatre, we wore masks throughout, however a lot failed to observe the new regs… I’ll stop there, but it does p*ss me off.

Great show though!
Why did you stay if felt uncomfortable with people not following rules ?

Saturday at the O2 was Great. So well organised getting in, with COVID passes.

Squeeze were magnificent, forgotten just what a quality band they are. Would have no hesitation seeing them as at headline act again in the future.

Then of course Madness. Terrific from start to finish. Some topical comments from Suggs and a couple of new songs, along with the old favourites. The opening to their set with the phone conversation in a red phone box was genius!

I have just read the list of acts at The Cliffs in 2022, and there are some BIG yesteryear people.
I am already booked for Adam Ant, thinking of maybe Status Quo, The Drifters and David Essex, the sold out gig is The Proclaimers.

I have just read the list of acts at The Cliffs in 2022, and there are some BIG yesteryear people.
I am already booked for Adam Ant, thinking of maybe Status Quo, The Drifters and David Essex, the sold out gig is The Proclaimers.
I would of thought you were more of a Bing Crosby, Sarah Vaughan man to depict your age. :Smile:

Sad that we have to book acts from 50 years ago for a good night out .

Since 20154 I have been attending the Giants of Rock festival off and on at Butlins in Minehead. Last year's event was cancelled and I couldn't attend this year due to personal circumstances.

Anyway, there will no further GoR festivals as the promoter was no longer able the attract the acts of the calibre of Hawkwind, Blue Oyster Cult and Canvey's finest Wilko Johnson. So this year, I tried the We Love The 70s.

The big difference between the two events is that the 70s bands definitely play to the room. They know why the have been booked and there is none of this we are playing mostly new material tonight, Barclay James Harvest take note.

With a dozen or so number 1 singles between them I caught sets from Mud 2, Slade, Eruption, The Real Thing, The Three Degrees, The Glitter Band, The Rubettes, and the drummer from Status Quo, and Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel.

The Real Thing were superb on the night, and the guitarist even posed for a photo!

The problem with gig was the five hours plus to drive down there and back from Yorkshire, I think I will go to Skegness next time!

Some photos from the weekend:

Attachments

• mud06.jpg
    mud06.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 6
  • sh01.jpg
    sh01.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 6
  • sh05.jpg
    sh05.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 6
  • sl05.jpg
    sl05.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 6
  • td01.jpg
    td01.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 6
  • trt10.jpg
    trt10.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 6
Saw Benmont Tench at Badalona's Festival de Blues i RITMES last night.Exellent gig postponed from 2 years ago.BT in case anyone doesn't know was Tom Petty's Keyboards/piano player.He called up Steve Nieve on stage (sitting just 2 rows in front of us ) to play on Nick Lowe's /Elvis Costello's What's so funny about peace ,Love and Understanding? & Dyllan's Blowing in the Wind before finishing his own set with TP's American Girl.For me the highlight was probably a superb version of Joy Division's /Ian Curtis's Love Will Tear Us Apart on BT's new (2nd CD) out in the "winter" apparently.

Back