• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daughter strolls in while I'm sitting quietly having a beer.

'You like The Hives don't you? Says she

'Yeah, they ain't bad' says I.

'Good, says she, Emiley's bailed out so you get her ticket for next April'

So this old git is off to see The Hives next year.

It's nice that my girl thinks I'm still hip enough to keep up with her and her mates but standing tickets are going to kill me. Might ask security to knock me sparko to give my back a rest 😁

Daughter strolls in while I'm sitting quietly having a beer.

'You like The Hives don't you? Says she

'Yeah, they ain't bad' says I.

'Good, says she, Emiley's bailed out so you get her ticket for next April'

So this old git is off to see The Hives next year.

It's nice that my girl thinks I'm still hip enough to keep up with her and her mates but standing tickets are going to kill me. Might ask security to knock me sparko to give my back a rest 😁

Like it

My next 3 shows are Level 42 at the Cliffs with one of my best mates, Grouper at St John's, Hackney with my daughter, and ABC at the Cliffs with my mum (a present for her 80th as 'The Lexicon of Love' is one of our favourite albums of all time, and she introduced me to it back in 1982).

My youngest has set up her own band after being a soloist. Her first gig with the band (name still TBC, although I've given her lots of recommendations) with only 4 days notice is to sing Sweet Child of Mine in front of the entire school on Friday. Plenty of gigs upcoming no doubt...
Trying to get my eldest (18) to sing with my band. She has a lovely voice but lacks the confidence.

My next 3 shows are Level 42 at the Cliffs with one of my best mates, Grouper at St John's, Hackney with my daughter, and ABC at the Cliffs with my mum (a present for her 80th as 'The Lexicon of Love' is one of our favourite albums of all time, and she introduced me to it back in 1982).
I saw ABC ( with orchestra) at the cliffs ( sitting) a few years back. It was good

Same era we watched the human league a couple of months before ( standing) and the a couple of years later and they were BRILLIANT

My youngest has set up her own band after being a soloist. Her first gig with the band (name still TBC, although I've given her lots of recommendations) with only 4 days notice is to sing Sweet Child of Mine in front of the entire school on Friday. Plenty of gigs upcoming no doubt...
I’m very jealous, I wish I had had the talent to have been on a band.

I am guessing it’s a pretty difficult song to sing- in at the deep end

Saw GnR at Wembley around 5 years ago ) and had tickets twice at dockhand arena 30 plus years ago and they cancelled each time).

new order at 02 tonight ) hence why looking at this thread)

Lost count of how many times I have seen them, decent show but not ‘ great’ but I know what to expect.

Should have been watching Peter Hook and the light ( my favourite band) in two weeks but instead am earning some brownie points and am taking wife to watch Alexander O’Neil on his farewell tour.

Very weird- watching at lavenham church in Suffolk ( few hundred people) and then later he plays the royal Albert hall😀

In honour of the hairy ones at home, call the band Huskey.

new order at 02 tonight ) hence why looking at this thread)

Lost count of how many times I have seen them, decent show but not ‘ great’ but I know what to expect.

Should have been watching Peter Hook and the light ( my favourite band) in two weeks but instead am earning some brownie points and am taking wife to watch Alexander O’Neil on his farewell tour.

Very weird- watching at lavenham church in Suffolk ( few hundred people) and then later he plays the royal Albert hall😀
I first saw Peter Hook and the Light doing Unknown Pleasures at the now defunct Cockpit club in Leeds in 2012. The club stank of engine oil. It was under Leeds station and I think it was once part on the maintenance system for locomotives, hence the smell!

Anyway it was fabulous gig, my first since 1996? when I saw the late great John Wetton at the Astoria, and it really got me back in to attending live gigs!

Back