• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Saw Level 42 at the Cliffs on Monday. Really enjoyed it, but if they'd done a bit less jazz funk jamming then their decent 1 hour 45 set would have been a more enjoyable and concise 1 hr 20, which I think is plenty long enough.

Also saw Grouper at St John's in Hackney on Saturday, which was utterly sublime as always (my 5th time seeing her live).
Mr.Pink always goes down well but Mark doesn't seem to play that much now

Saw Jessie Ware at Alexander Palace on Friday night. Great voice and, probably due to her disco genre, she drew a huge gay following. I was dazzled by sequins.

My first gig on 2024 has been booked. The The in Manchester next September. I hadn't realised they were touring again and that tickets have been on sale about 5 weeks. I tried to get a ticket for Alexandra Palace as I have never been to a concert there, only ice skating years ago. And I might have been able to get in a home game on the same trip down south.

Another possible gig, Hawkwind in April. Also in Manchester.

My first gig on 2024 has been booked. The The in Manchester next September. I hadn't realised they were touring again and that tickets have been on sale about 5 weeks. I tried to get a ticket for Alexandra Palace as I have never been to a concert there, only ice skating years ago. And I might have been able to get in a home game on the same trip down south.

Another possible gig, Hawkwind in April. Also in Manchester.
Got tickets fot The Searchers at the Palace on the 19th April (the day before our last home game with Rochdale.The last time I saw the Searchers was back in 1975 with Grumpy Blue. :Winking:

got my ticket to see Green Lung in Camden Sunday, looking forward to it. I read an Albums of the year thing a while back, clicked on theirs mistaking them for Greenleaf, turns out they're quality.

Went to Hozier at Wembley last night. The man can ****ing sing. One of the best voices I’ve heard live.

Also recently:

Queens of the Stone Age at The O2. Top drawer, really really good.

Southend’s very own Nothing But Thieves. Weren’t all that, although the lead singer had been suffering with illness.

Royal Blood at Hammersmith Apollo. Simply ****ing incredible. The noise those boys generate needs to be seen to be believed.

Muse at O2. Second time of seeing Muse, can’t wait for the third, fourth, fifth etc.

So far for 2024, I’ve got:

Greenday at Wembley (not a fan normally, but brother in law likes them)

Elbow at O2. Again not a massive fan, but it’s a night out

Everything Everything at The Troxy. Love them

Killers at O2. Guaranteed to bring back the memories of closing time at Jumpin’ Jacks circa 2008ish

Was just watching with the missus a Carpenters documentary. Out of interest whilst watching i googled to see if Richard Carpenter is touring and amazingly for the first time in ages in UK he is, and even better in Yeovil only an hour away (just one of eight gigs). So, tickets booked.

Now i know that without his sisters iconic voice accompanying him it wont be the same, but the chance of seeing one of the great songwriter/composers cannot be missed.

Like a bit of variety in music, this will be the perfect accompaniment to the Liam Gallagher concert I've got coming up.

Back