• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
Just got in from the game.

Grays went 1-0 inside the first 15 minutes, becuase I missed it

cool.gif

We then equalised from the spot (W Gray) after former Shrimper Jamie Stuart handled in the area.

We went 2-1 up almost immediately through a Spinner bullet header from a corner.

2-1 at HT. We were cruising at this stage and 4 or 5-1 was on the cards if we kept the same team.

However of course that isn't the idea with these friendlies so plenty of subs came on.

In the second half the first 20 minsutes or so were very bitty with Grays shading it and scoring to equalise.

Grays then went 3-2 up as our defending went a bit haywire thanks to a few too many subs. Two Grays lads were unfortunately injured pretty badly - one stretchered off, couldn't tell you who they were though.

Finally, just on the stroke of half time we scored a cracking individual goal from a lad wearing number 15 that I didnt recognise.

3-3 full time and a nice afternoon out had by all.

smile.gif

HEADLINES TO COME OUT OF THE MATCH:

1) NIKOLA JOZIC back in blighty and back in a blue shirt - so watch this space!

2) MITCHELL COLE looked superb when he came on in the second half - lightning quick and very skilful, easy to see why we signed him. Freddy mark two , this kid could be.

3) JAY SMITH good to see him out there getting stuck in, he looked sharp.

Did Mitch get a decent reception from the home fans?

Always a good indication of how they rated him....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ July 30 2005,17:53)]Did Mitch get a decent reception from the home fans?

Always a good indication of how they rated him....
Pretty much, as far as I could tell, to be honest he's probably nailing the two girls next to me, the way they were carrying on... couldn't hear much above their racket!

suspect.gif
biggrin.gif

I see Wayne Gray has improved dramatically if he can hold a full strength Southend side to a draw on his own.

wink.gif

Where I was sitting, Mitch was cheered when he was subbed on, as was Freddy when they read his name out on the teamsheet....! (And what an entertaining accent the PA announcer had, too!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 30 2005,19:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ July 30 2005,17:59)]I see Wayne Gray has improved dramatically if he can hold a full strength Southend side to draw on his own.

wink.gif
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

Darn keyboard....
The image in your signature is very appropriate for you isn't it, Spiff (after my gRaffiti incident).

wink.gif

tounge.gif

the lad who scored the equaliser for us in the last minute was Daniel Woodards, the trialist released by Chelsea. Apart from the goal he did feck all.....again.

Was that defo Jozic Spiff? If so then things are looking good for him signing

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 30 2005,18:05)]the lad who scored the equaliser for us in the last minute was Daniel Woodards, the trialist released by Chelsea. Apart from the goal he did feck all.....again.

Was that defo Jozic Spiff?  If so then things are looking good for him signing
Yep, it was definately Jozic - he was recognised by just about everyone around me - too many to be a coincidence.

I agree about Woodards - I was thinking how pants and lightweight he looked until he popped up with that goal, which it has to be said, was a cracker.

I blame the Grays keeper for that goal - he jumped out of the way of the ball!

I thought it was Jozic but as the Official Site hasn't been updated and I was the other side of the ground I couldn't be sure

Definitely Jozic. A big hefty centre back with red boots and a moody stare, definitely Jozic.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 30 2005,18:12)]I blame the Grays keeper for that goal - he jumped out of the way of the ball!
Speaking of which, good job he wasn't in the way of Bentley's first half shot which hit the post! Talk about thunderbolt!!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 30 2005,18:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 30 2005,18:12)]I blame the Grays keeper for that goal - he jumped out of the way of the ball!
Speaking of which, good job he wasn't in the way of Bentley's first half shot which hit the post! Talk about thunderbolt!!

biggrin.gif
damn right, not only would he have crossed the line with the ball, Grays would still be picking him out of the wall of the Club bar

Dennis Oli looked very handy, at least until Maher crocked him after 25 minutes. Looked well worth pursuing if the fee is reasonable, ie less than £40k.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ July 30 2005,18:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 30 2005,17:50)]We then equalised from the spot (W Gray) after former Shrimper Jamie Stuart handled in the area.
Actually pushed freddie eastwood
smile.gif
From what we could see!
That's right, he handled Freddy Eastwood

tounge.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Back