• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hamilton returns to Manchester United

Have they recalled him or have we cut him loose?

‘The two clubs have activated the recall clause in the agreement by mutual consent, ending the midfielder’s temporary stint with Blues.’

Thanks Ethan im sure you did your best in this god awful shower of ****e that call themselves professional footballers , and please take no notice of the ****e some ofour supporters write on here out of frustration.

Dont think anyone wishes him bad. It just didnt work out for him here.
Not quite good enough to shine through the turds.

Bet he goes to another League 1 club, has a great second half of the season and scores against us in a MotM performance

CM is a tough position for an experienced player in a losing side, let alone a young lad.

I Remember fans being thoroughly unimpressed with a that lad we signed from Spurs when he first played...... Kevin Maher.

When he first played? You mean about the first half of his career with us :Winking:

Kev used to get an incredible amount of (unfair) stick. I distinctly remember him being a favourite for the boo-boys. And look how that turned out. All he needed was some genuine class alongside him.

Side note; I remember Kev’s First game back at Roots Hall since leaving (he came on as a sub for Gills I think?) I was sitting near to some degenerate, middle-aged clown, who had decided it was his mission to boo Kev at every opportunity.

I sat there and wondered if there was any other kind of backwards mentality in the known universe, than that of a thick-as-mince football fan.

Anyway I digress, I wasn’t overly enthralled with Hamilton. He’ll no doubt go on to have a decent career, but he was on to a loser, as soon as he signed....

...which bodes well for anyone else mad enough to come here this month :Stunned:

I was keen to see what he could do for us and wasn’t sure what he’s game was as a CM , not really a box to box or a ball player , ran around a lot but didn’t seem to create that yard of space great players do at the highest level .
Wish him all the best he’s had a great schooling being at Man U and because of that teams will take a chance in him so he will get opportunities to shine elsewhere

When he first played? You mean about the first half of his career with us :Winking:

Kev used to get an incredible amount of (unfair) stick. I distinctly remember him being a favourite for the boo-boys. And look how that turned out. All he needed was some genuine class alongside him.

Side note; I remember Kev’s First game back at Roots Hall since leaving (he came on as a sub for Gills I think?) I was sitting near to some degenerate, middle-aged clown, who had decided it was his mission to boo Kev at every opportunity.

I sat there and wondered if there was any other kind of backwards mentality in the known universe, than that of a thick-as-mince football fan.

Anyway I digress, I wasn’t overly enthralled with Hamilton. He’ll no doubt go on to have a decent career, but he was on to a loser, as soon as he signed....

...which bodes well for anyone else mad enough to come here this month :Stunned:

Always thought Kev was his best for us in the championship. Ive been mates with Matt Harrolds father in law for many years, we were discussing Simon Francis once another target for the boo boys , I was told most of our players thought he would be a better player at a higher level, think he’s proved that. One things for sure Nathan had a no win situation here and Rigsby told me , and not a rumour he received some abusive phone calls from some people who unfortunately claim to be blues fans and human beings. Good luck with your career Nathan

Pressed the wrong button GBJ yes your right on Kev but thought he was at his best for us in the championship . Been a mate with Matt Harrolds father in law for many years , we were discussing Simon Francis once as your probably realise another target for the boo boys, I was told that most of his teammates thought he was better suited to a higher level ! Yes he’s proved that. Nathan was in an impossible situation as a young player, made worst by a fact Rigsby told me ( no rumours here ) that some people claiming to be blues supporters and human beings were giving him threatening phone calls, very hard for a young lad away from home for the first time. Still good luck Nathan wrong place wrong time.

Pressed the wrong button GBJ yes your right on Kev but thought he was at his best for us in the championship . Been a mate with Matt Harrolds father in law for many years , we were discussing Simon Francis once as your probably realise another target for the boo boys, I was told that most of his teammates thought he was better suited to a higher level ! Yes he’s proved that. Nathan was in an impossible situation as a young player, made worst by a fact Rigsby told me ( no rumours here ) that some people claiming to be blues supporters and human beings were giving him threatening phone calls, very hard for a young lad away from home for the first time. Still good luck Nathan wrong place wrong time.

Nathan who?

Agree about Francis. Another who I always thought was unfairly treated by our fans, although he’s had the last laugh now

Im amazed maher stuck around with all the **** he got..... i always thought he was a good player and became even better.

I always liked and rated franno as well but i would never have guessed he' become a prem regular!

And on the flip side i thought hooper and kightly were crap. So you never know...

Im amazed maher stuck around with all the **** he got..... i always thought he was a good player and became even better.

I always liked and rated franno as well but i would never have guessed he' become a prem regular!

And on the flip side i thought hooper and kightly were crap. So you never know...

I was probably too young to appreciate the player Maher was early in his Southend career so didn't pay attention until later on.

I always felt Francis had too many mistakes in him to make it higher up than championship level, but he's obviously gotten rid of some of that and made it, fair play to him.

Back to Hamilton, I think he came in at a bad time and didn't really do enough to get in the team, I reckon he will go a similar way to players like Glen Kamara and end up having a good career.

I haven’t been impressed by him from what I’ve in terms of current ability and affecting our midfield but then nobody this season has shone. Yes some will fall by the wayside but some will not, many slagged off Luke Amos as a hopeless young loanee from a Prem club. He’s got no professional future, will be non league next year etc. Saw he’s now playing for QPR in Championship this season. Glen Kamara is now an international playing at Rangers under Gerrard and rated highly. Hamilton will be no superstar for Man Utd but may yet make a decent league career.

I was probably too young to appreciate the player Maher was early in his Southend career so didn't pay attention until later on.

I always felt Francis had too many mistakes in him to make it higher up than championship level, but he's obviously gotten rid of some of that and made it, fair play to him.

Back to Hamilton, I think he came in at a bad time and didn't really do enough to get in the team, I reckon he will go a similar way to players like Glen Kamara and end up having a good career.
Always thought he was great going forward and crossing but left gaping holes. Havent watched bournemouth throughout the years but maybe they stopped him going on mazy runs or there was immediate cover when he did.

I do remember him staying with us another season when a lot left.

Maher was more or less the same player. He used to get slated for playing it backwards and sideways all the time. As soon as he got some good players creating space and running off the ball he came into his own. Plus he was a pretty biting relentless midfielder to play against i imagine. Bags.of effort.

If he'd come into a good midfield would probably have shone.Poor bloke to end up here this season

I thought Isaac Hutchinson impressed in the same midfield more despite being younger and less experienced.

Back