• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
Is it me or since I hit the big 40, my ability to drink copious amounts of alchahol like its going out of fashion as resinded into a debarcle! When in my late teens and early twenties, I could quite happily go out any night of the week and get totally sh!tfaced, go to bed and get up for work feeling happy that I had done my bit for the brewers of the nation as a whole!
Now I am sad to say that I am a distant figure of that young buck, 5 pints and the towel goes in! I tried to get through the 5 pint barrier last night resulting in the mother of all hangovers,stopping the car on the way to work and bursting all the blood vessels in my eyes where I was chundering so much. My stomach feels like its never ever going to keep anything in it again and please some one tell me...... how the f%&k can I get that taste of metal out of my mouth!
why do we do it?

im 23 and feel like sh!t the next day..when I been on a bender!!

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Turkishshrimper @ Oct. 01 2006,15:41)]im 23 and feel like sh!t the next day..when I been on a bender!!

glare.gif
Thats because it,s so cheap in turkey you cant not get totally of your trolley.

They def get worse as you get older winkle - as anyone who saw me at Derby on Saturday could clearly see!!! Wasnt good!!!

I can totally sympathise with this - much like Winkle, I used to be able to go out and drink my own body weight in whatever I could get my hands on and not feel any ill effects the next day.

These days however, as I edge closer to 30, I find that my hangovers get worse every time. I'm not yet at the point where I have to pull my car over and chunder in the gutter - however, I don't think it will be long before I'm there!!

Hope you're feeling better now Winkle.

Had my first liveiner today,the problem is, it doesnt matter how much I have, cheese and chips on the kebab van (ordinerally I wouldnt touch them with a telescopic barge pole) seems so inviting. Then suddenly 5 mins after scoffing them down you start feeling, how can I say it.....a bit parky! Perhaps I should start a new topic,THINGS YOU EAT WHEN ****ED AND THEN REGRET!

Im 40 and fast approaching 41, I got Lynard Skynard blasting through the speakers and slurping my second beer of the night. I knock my knackers out all day at work and still act like im 20 and single. I get a hangover and suffer like no-bodies business but do I give a jot? Hell no! Enjoy it while you can people, we will all be in our boxes soon enough.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Missy @ Oct. 03 2006,11:47)]I can totally sympathise with this - much like Winkle, I used to be able to go out and drink my own body weight in whatever I could get my hands on and not feel any ill effects the next day.
Aah, but you only weighed 6 stone when you started.  
laugh.gif

*ahem* obviously you're now only just pushing 7
love.gif
cool.gif

I'm only 21 but can already say I've noticed that my hangovers are a hell of a lot worse than a couple of years back. I used to only feel rough for a few hours the next day but now they last all day and I'm exhausted until I finally get to bed at the end of the next day.

The fact that I'm feeling the same sort of affects at 21 that you guys do at 40 is quite worrying tho
tounge.gif

When I was 18/19/20 I used to be able to get down the pub straight from work on a thursday, hit the beers hard until Ad Lib opened, pop in there for half an hour to knock back as many 50p/75p drinks as I could, head to Tots before the party tickets expired at 10pm and then buy a dozen of whatever was on special and spend the rest of the night drinking them. Then it was a three mile walk back to Eastwood via the kababy and bed for about 4am.

Three hours sleep and I was right as rain for work the next day and probably another all-nighter straight from work.

Now I get a hangover just thinking about it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ Oct. 05 2006,11:41)]The fact that I'm feeling the same sort of affects at 21 that you guys do at 40 is quite worrying tho
tounge.gif
This is what I was thinking too!

For some reason, the point where you can't drink in consecutive days and if you dare try it, you still know about it three days later is a particularly depressing one. Possibly a sign of over-indulgence I think!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 05 2006,14:45)]When I was 18/19/20 I used to be able to get down the pub straight from work on a thursday, hit the beers hard until Ad Lib opened, pop in there for half an hour to knock back as many 50p/75p drinks as I could, head to Tots before the party tickets expired at 10pm and then buy a dozen of whatever was on special and spend the rest of the night drinking them. Then it was a three mile walk back to Eastwood via the kababy and bed for about 4am.

Three hours sleep and I was right as rain for work the next day and probably another all-nighter straight from work.

Now I get a hangover just thinking about it.
ditto that Beefy, although I had the 5 mile walk back to Shoebury

yep in the good old days TOTS on a thursday was staple for the week, get home at 3am and then be up for work the next day no problems despite that champers that always tasted of vinegar. These days the thought of going out drinking midweek makes me ill. I'm just a weekend warrior these days.

Back