• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry folks, I try and be positive, but with Harrold & Bradbury in the side we will not stand a chance in any league. Ever.

I do feel sorry for Bradbury - he does try, seems a nice bloke, and has some positional sense, its just that he is so so slow he can never quite get to where he wants to be.

As for Harrold, he shows the odd nice touch (as per the lay off for Gowers goal today), but he is even slower.

And neither will ever ever score again at this level. Our opponents defenders must think they are on holiday when these two turn up.

Their ineptitude then feeds through to the rest of the team who with no viable outlet to aim for end up giving the ball away. Even Maher in frustration had a shot today himself.

What is the point in putting a ball over the top to Harrold and Bradbury? None. It just results in giving the ball away.

With Freddie* off to join whatever club his mind has already left for (I reckon it's WBA), Paynter being so poor Tilly selects Harrold in preference and Lawson seemingly having an attitude problem then we have no one to pick up front anymore.

(*I hope for his sake he has got a deal already sowed up - why anyone would want to buy him based on form of late is beyond me)

In fact, I'd rather have Barrett and Francis up front than any of the above.

But surely there must be a couple of players from the lower leagues with big hearts and willing legs who we could take a chance on in the transfer market? We do not want any more 200k wasters.

After today I never want to see us have Bradbury & Harrold up front again. It is embarrassing. We would have won today easily (and v Norwich) if we had just one half-decent striker.

Up the Blues

WBA that's a new one! Do you think he'll play for us or against us on Monday?
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (royfox @ Dec. 30 2006,21:29)]WBA that's a new one! Do you think he'll play for us or against us on  Monday?
smile.gif
Just a guess re WBA, but they have got the dosh and are a big club, and I think Freddie has shot himself in the foot with his performances of late if he wanted to interest a premiership club,

And, as another poster on here said, Freddie came over and gave us all a lengthy clap at the end of play today by himself...most unusual.

The transfer won't go ahead in time for Monday for him to play for someone else that day, so it must mean he is off to WBA who won't let us play him against them in a fond fairwell.

If you'll give me odds of 100-1 I'll lay a pound on it!

Up the Blues
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ Dec. 30 2006,22:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (royfox @ Dec. 30 2006,21:29)]WBA that's a new one! Do you think he'll play for us or against us on  Monday?
smile.gif
Just a guess re WBA, but they have got the dosh and are a big club, and I think Freddie has shot himself in the foot with his performances of late if he wanted to interest a premiership club,

And, as another poster on here said, Freddie came over and gave us all a lengthy clap at the end of play today by himself...most unusual.

The transfer won't go ahead in time for Monday for him to play for someone else that day, so it must mean he is off to WBA who won't let us play him against them in a fond fairwell.

If you'll give me odds of 100-1 I'll lay a pound on it!

Up the Blues
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Just a guess? Is that the best you can do?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ Dec. 30 2006,22:22)]And neither will ever ever score again at this level. Our opponents defenders must think they are on holiday when these two turn up.
I think Bradbury is good to have in the team but Harrold just doesnt do anything but try.

Completely agree that we shouldnt be starting with the two of them as our front line, need someone who can run.

If Freddy isnt playing then Id try Hooper with Bradbury, but that hardly screams goals either.

You are all missing the point! Tilly needs to play Paynter with Harrold as he would thrive with a big target man playing alongside him. He scored most of his career goals at Port Vale and look who he was playing alongside there - None other than Brett Angel! It is clear that for Paynter to have a good game in a southend shirt he needs to be played with a target man and he needs to be played instead of Freddy, rather than with him. Also, who was the idiot that text in to bbc essex saying that Lawson is the answer to our goalscoring problems?!

I don't think any of our current squad are the answer to our goal scoring problems, we need to invest in some quality but unfortunately this costs a lot of money, which we haven't got
sad.gif

We have tried to buy on the cheap or free, ie: Paynter, Bradbury, Harold etc but IMO this just proves you need quality at this level and anything else is a waste of money

Have to agree Harold in my opinion is a league 2 striker he lacks pace and although does have a good touch he has very poor positional scence and rarely make good runs off the ball.
As someone has said Paynter although big in appearance has been good when paired with a big ball winner target man.
Also where can we find a fox in the box player a poacher like Cureton of Col U.
Bradbury works his socks off and i cant fault him even tho i think he is not the answer for the scoring problem.
Lawson not up to it at this level.
Hooper yes a player in the making he has quality has a good brain and makes good runs but its now we need him and i just think its a little too early for him...although he should get the nod over Harrold IMO if Eastwood is not available.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper loz @ Dec. 31 2006,15:49)]It is clear that for Paynter to have a good game in a southend shirt he needs to be played with a target man and he needs to be played instead of Freddy, rather than with him.
Totally agree with you there - I thought when we signed him, he would be a replacement for Freddy rather than a strike partner for him...

Back