• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Birri

Manager
How goes it this week chaps

won 5-0 against the bottom side to stay top

The Scousers - Rochford FC 0 - 5

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 3028 to The Scousers Arena. Scousers had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Peters - Elliot, Wilson, Hall, Detraz - Swain, Campbell, Burns, Humphries - Elstner, Watton.

Rochford had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Statton - Hall, Hunter, Brons - Loftus, Olague, Brush, MacEachin, Martin - Murray, Magallanes.

Rochford mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. In the games 26:th minute Irving Murray almost gave the visitors the lead, as he clipped a spectacular scissors shot just past the bar. Burt Burns of Scousers received a yellow card in the 27:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 28:th minute left Rochford´s Gregory Hunter completely free to score. 0 - 1 for the visitors. The away team´s José Magallanes took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 32nd minute increasing Rochford´s lead to 0 - 2. Tlatoani Olague came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Amos Peters, hitting the bar. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. Rochford held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate.

Rochford's Irving Murray scored 0 - 3 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. After this Rochford lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Irving Murray was, after 61 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Amos Peters saved. After 71 minutes Rochford´s Tam Martin contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Rochford´s Irving Murray received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 79:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 4. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Rochford´s Dean Brush got himself booked. Irving Murray came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Amos Peters, hitting the bar. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Rochford´s Somerled MacEachin was able to shove the ball in. 0-5. Rochford´s Irving Murray made it through the home teams defence in the 87:th minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line. Dean Brush was, after 88 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Amos Peters saved. Rochford held the ball, with a clear 81 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Scousers player was without a doubt Mervyn Humphries. John Wilson on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Rochford player was Somerled MacEachin. Irving Murray on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 5.

Good result, poor attendance and we go 3rd.

The Shrimpers - Argyle 4 - 1

View game: HT Live
Date: 11/07/2004 at 18.00
MatchID: 21841102
Arena: Roots Hall
Crowd: 6956

6956 spectators arrived at Roots Hall, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Shrimpers tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Clune - Mason, Dunne, Judge - Deacon, Anthony, Ankcorn, Kerridge, Tidmarsh - Axford, Curtis.

Argyle had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: John - Lyn, Hogan, Cawcutt, Walker - Ilie, Greig, Drysdale, Mocek - Mark, Clarkson.

Shrimpers seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. After a fine move down the middle Tam Anthony nearly gave the home side one up in the 3rd minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. In the 14:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Oliver Mocek put the ball away for 0 - 1. Shrimpers´s Tam Anthony made a successful breakthrough attempt in the game´s 25:th minute and should have levelled the score, but clipped it over the bar. Alan Axford equalised for Shrimpers on a free kick carving through the defensive box making the score 1 - 1. Halftime score was 1 - 1. Shrimpers held the ball, with a clear 62 percent possession rate.

Shrimpers took the lead in the 51st minute of the game by 2 to 1, as Joseph Curtis elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. Shrimpers put themselves up 3 - 1 when Alan Axford broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. After 85 minutes Robert Mason put Shrimpers ahead 4 - 1 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. By now Shrimpers were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Ian Tidmarsh almost managed to score another goal for Shrimpers, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. The home side´s Lee Deacon came close to extending the lead in the 87:th minute. His shot came in off the right hand side but Jordie John managed saving with a fingernail. In the 88:th minute Argyles Oliver Mocek received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Due to a severely mistimed tackle,Ian Tidmarsh spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Shrimpers, with an impressive 60 percent possession of the ball.

Shrimpers´s best player was Evan Dunne. However, Ian Tidmarsh made a disastrous appearance. Argyle´s best player was Edward Hogan. Lee Drysdale was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 1.

5-0 win for me against one of the no-hopers in the league. I stay 3rd.

3606 spectators arrived at Hartley Harriers Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Harriers had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Tedjakusuma - MacGrory, Scheschuk, Goldstein, Trevallion - Benton-Evans, Schildknecht, Bebb, Walsh - Alcalá, Smale.

Pearlstars had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Arnau - Hartman, Hong, Picariello - Foster, Gaskell-Bhuller, Lacey, Folguera, Luchnick - Korpi , Olmedo.

A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 2nd minute allowed Marc Folguera to score 0 - 1 for Pearlstars. Ian Luchnick has the wonderful ability to create chances out of thin air. In the23rd minute he drove a bicycle kick straight past the keeper, resulting in the 0 - 2 goal. Jimmy Scheschuk behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 34:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. Ian Luchnick increased Pearlstars´s lead to 0 - 3 by a superb free kick strike, flying in just under the far top corner. The structure of the game started to change as Pearlstars decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 3. Pearlstars held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

Gabriel Olmedo could have put his team up another one in the 54:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. The game had been on for 55 minutes when Ian Luchnick broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Pearlstars´s were up 0 - 4. This third goal made a hat trick for Ian Luchnick. The away team´s Lippo Korpi took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 78:th minute increasing Pearlstars´s lead to 0 - 5. Pearlstars held the ball, with a clear 70 percent possession rate.

Harriers´s best player was Fernando Alcalá. However, Anthony Benton-Evans made a disastrous appearance. Most important Pearlstars player was Ian Luchnick. However, Marquesio Arnau made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 5.

Well I had a strange result against the team 2nd in the table
not that I am complaining

FC Gambero - Hertford Celtic 5 - 0
Date: 11/07/2004 at 18.00
MatchID: 21824132
Arena: Fossetts Farm
Crowd: 17679

17679 spectators arrived at Fossetts Farm, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Gambero started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Abbot - Haverkamp, MacFie, Moustakis - Hayes, Dahl, Stuhr-Ellegaard, Pratt, Melmik - Rahbek, Bladhult.

Hertford tactics involved an interesting 0-0-0 combination. They fielded: Tachtsi - - - .

The visitors weren´t able to produce at least 9 players, which is the minimum amount allowed, so they had to concede to a walk over. The spectators, who had all been looking forward to an exciting game, were of course very disappointed. The match ends 5 - 0.

I'm having a torrid start to the season - P3, L2 W1. Got hammered by the two teams who will, in effect, fight it out for our league this year - 7-0 and 5-1, both away.

5 fans have left, TS is irritated... basically, all a bit cack. But I have, finally, got my solid coach. And I pulled a solid keeper. So, I'm going to train GKs for a little while, see if I can get my main keeper up to formidable, get my reserve keeper up to excellent, flog him for about £300K, and then invest in players!

After that... not quite sure what to train. The team needs defence to be trained, 'cos I'm leaking goals like it's going out of fashion - 14 so far this season. But my best young players are all strikers... could train up a 17 yo to solid by the end of the season and flog him for a big bundle, and train up my 19 yo to formidable and keep him.

Aargh, decisisions, decisions. Either way, it'll be a case of lots of training and experimenting, having a generally poor season on the pitch, but strengthening off it so that I can properly assault the league the season after.

Bloomin' heck, though - I've got a horrid division this year... very, very tough.

sad.gif

Matt

A 2-2 draw away from home this week sees me slip to second in my league. I am playing the top guy in 2 weeks so could be an early 6 pointer
rock.gif

Lost 5-0 at home to the teanm that finished second last year so I expect him to be winning the league. Plummeting into debt as well unfortunately. When's the earliest you can start making productive pulls from your youth team?

What was it about this week apart from a few alot of the results have been big. I won 5-0 and in my league there was also a 4-0 a 4-1 and a 7-1.

1-1 away draw that gets me my first point of the season, stayed with 3-5-2 against a 4-5-1. I may fiddle with my formation to see what happens.

Back