• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bluesmanager

I'm a Barbie Girl
Somewhere where the weather isn't killing me
I have (rather rashly I wonder) decided to become part of the staff for a internet football fanzine thingy - the original idea is below:

After reading through the Football365 thread yesterday and see that the general concensus was that it's now **** I came up with a plan. I personally have very little techy knowledge so setting up a website is completely out of the question. I do however have a fairly good knowledge and quite a bit of access to magazine/newspaper design programmes such as InDesign. Now getting anything printed would be far too expensive and far too much of a **** on but putting a PDF file online for people to download is relatively hassle free and inexpensive.

The idea is based around creating a magazine that is (and I cringe when I use this term) by the fans, for the fans - a bit like a club fanzine but relative to the game in general. Yes, World Soccer and FourFourTwo are very good magazines but they're very interview based and canny humourless. I plan to dedicate a few pages of blurb to what is going on at clubs, no more than a paragraph or two each and then the rest of the magazine is still to be undecided. I'd imagine it would be heavily article/opinion based but all ideas will be given serious thought...unless they're just plain stupid.

And that is where you lot come in. Even though i'm sexy, witty and intelligent I am only one man. Basically if you feel you could contribute articles, news about your club, stories etc. get in touch. It's all up in the air as to what may or may not work so i'm interested to hear what you all think would fit in. I'd like to try and get people from as many clubs as possible, from the Premiership to the Conference to abroad.

I don't intend this to be anything too serious at first, more of just a **** around. I've absolutely no idea if this will work but if people are interested in helping out and we actually discover there is an audience for it the who knows?

I await your suggestions/riducle/abuse.

I'm thinking of writing about League 1, but I don't know what exactly to write about it. So, I ask you fellow Zoners for a hand.

Maybe a brief overview on all the teams outlining their key man and a prediction on where each of them will finish?

Well it'll have to wait until I can pinch back my power cable from my mum, so basically the more ideas I can gather, the more material I have availible for the coming weeks and months.

No idea of when the first issue is due out yet, but my deadline's July 27, should expect it out in a few weeks after that.

Highlight 5 players who you think will set the league alight this year?

What about a readers wives style shoot picking a saucy 40+ supporter from each league one club and focusing on her favourite player / sexual likes and dislikes.

Id be tempted to team this with a photo of her pulling her kebab apart and I think your readership will soar.

Hope this helps mate.

It's brand new, not even got a title yet. It's spearheaded by a guy I know as Ketsbaia over on TheDugout.tv. I basically joined up because it's something to put on the CV when I get round to writing it.

well if they need any other writers, i wouldnt mind doing something?

It's brand new, not even got a title yet. It's spearheaded by a guy I know as Ketsbaia over on TheDugout.tv. I basically joined up because it's something to put on the CV when I get round to writing it.

Ketsbaia was the Toon Army player, bald head who went absolutely ape **** after scoring a goal (funnily enough towards the end of his career at St James Park), smashing the snot out of one of those revolving advertising boards whilst his team mates tried to first congratulate him and secondly pull him away before he made a bigger prat of himself.

Back