• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hillsborough inquiry - verdict

LFC ambassador Michael Owen getting his priorities right.

But that was football then. The FA and the clubs did not have Ambulance crews in the ground. Ambulance staff did not have the skill level or equipment that we take for granted now days. So would have be impossible to deal with a crush injury.

Whilst I agree many things have changed in the last twenty seven years but more lives could have should have been saved. I think you missed the point I was making that is that several ambulances were outside the ground and if they had got to the victims quicker more lives would almost certainly have been saved.

LFC ambassador Michael Owen getting his priorities right.

Off topic, but I found this gem the other day:

[video=youtube;WqOxNspUPyE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqOxNspUPyE[/video]

And this, on the Everton FC website:

Everton Football Club salutes the Hillsborough families and their total vindication as Fighters for Justice.

Theirs is the greatest victory in the history of football.

RIP, the 96. Good night, God bless.

From us across the Park.

Whilst I agree many things have changed in the last twenty seven years but more lives could have should have been saved. I think you missed the point I was making that is that several ambulances were outside the ground and if they had got to the victims quicker more lives would almost certainly have been saved.

That was my point. It would be interesting to see evidence that could prove that.

How could ambulance staff who were no more trained than basic first aide, done much for a crush injury even if they were on scene quicker.

That was my point. It would be interesting to see evidence that could prove that.

How could ambulance staff who were no more trained than basic first aide, done much for a crush injury even if they were on scene quicker.

If you read the section regarding this in the report experts suggest lives would have been saved (impossible to say how many) if people had been transported to hospital sooner which they should have been. The delay by the South Yorkshire Ambulance Service in doing that and declaring this a major incident is the reason the inquest gave the verdict it did.

If you read the section regarding this in the report experts suggest lives would have been saved (impossible to say how many) if people had been transported to hospital sooner which they should have been. The delay by the South Yorkshire Ambulance Service in doing that and declaring this a major incident is the reason the inquest gave the verdict it did.

I remember reading pretty much every page of the independent inquiry report that came out a few years back. The ambulance service response was very chaotic to say the least, and could have been handled a whole lot better. However, I don't think you can blame any single member of the ambulance service, and I'm sure plenty of lessons have been learned since then.

Not until there are some prosecutions.

That's also my view. At the moment justice has been served in so far as the victims (and the Liverpool fans in general) have been exonerated. However, that only means we're back where we should have been about 27 years ago. People now need to be brought to account, and when I say brought to account I'm not just talking about their failures on the day, I'm talking about their criminal behaviour in covering up their failures on the day.

If these people are then found not guilty then fine, but they should at least be made to defend and explain their actions.

I wonder if Sir Benard Ingham will have the grace to apologise now...FFC.

That's also my view. At the moment justice has been served in so far as the victims (and the Liverpool fans in general) have been exonerated. However, that only means we're back where we should have been about 27 years ago. People now need to be brought to account, and when I say brought to account I'm not just talking about their failures on the day, I'm talking about their criminal behaviour in covering up their failures on the day.

If these people are then found not guilty then fine, but they should at least be made to defend and explain their actions.

Also Kelvin Mackenzie. When you're ready, you're total ***********...

Not until there are some prosecutions.

It's too long ago for that,unfortunately.

Many of the people involved will have retired or even died by now.

Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield to start with and it looks like it's happening. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...s-police-chief-david-duckenfield-among-key-f/

Not to mention all the people who amended, and coerced other people into amending, their witness statements, and thereby perverting the course of justice.

According to BBC news this lunchtime, once the jury reached their verdict of unlawful killing their job was done. However, given the verdict there is now an obligation (can't remember the actual term used) on the CPS to investigate and see if anyone should be charged.

Back