• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hillsborough inquiry - verdict

I have no doubt that calamitous decisions were made before, on the day, as it happened and in the immediate aftermath; some of these are easy to see with hindsight and that could be mitigation in part.
What is inexcusable is the cover up, collusion and perverting of justice: AND rightly IMO, those responsible must be judged and answerable - even after so long a time.

Wild? Mine has what is known as evidence and fact behind them. You're defending Maggie T over her handling of this? Some ex-Labour voter. :hilarious:

When have I defended Mrs T over Hillsborough.

I went to plenty of Football matches in the 80's, I have even had the privilege of seeing the cherubic little scousers in action at RH, London and England matches. I have stood in the Leppings Lane end, in those very pens on more than one occasion. All fans were treated as scum and sometimes acted as scum. It was not the decision to open the gates that killed those fans, it was the fencing and the pens that caused the deaths. It was a long road as to why we had to watch football in the conditions we did and to me the FA have more to answer than David Duckenfield.

You so called facts are just your normal hatred for certain people. Thatcher, the police etc. I'm surprised you haven't blamed the Royal family, the Army, British history, Ron Martin, PB, anyone who voted Brexit or Tory......Your list is so long there's always someone you can blame for everything.

That aside there is no excuse for the police cover up after the events. But as anyone who was ever arrested at Football in that era will tell you the police would routinely lie and commit perjury when it came to fans and no one was ever held to account even when it was proved in court.

When have I defended Mrs T over Hillsborough.

I went to plenty of Football matches in the 80's, I have even had the privilege of seeing the cherubic little scousers in action at RH, London and England matches. I have stood in the Leppings Lane end, in those very pens on more than one occasion. All fans were treated as scum and sometimes acted as scum. It was not the decision to open the gates that killed those fans, it was the fencing and the pens that caused the deaths. It was a long road as to why we had to watch football in the conditions we did and to me the FA have more to answer than David Duckenfield.

You so called facts are just your normal hatred for certain people. Thatcher, the police etc. I'm surprised you haven't blamed the Royal family, the Army, British history, Ron Martin, PB, anyone who voted Brexit or Tory......Your list is so long there's always someone you can blame for everything.

That aside there is no excuse for the police cover up after the events. But as anyone who was ever arrested at Football in that era will tell you the police would routinely lie and commit perjury when it came to fans and no one was ever held to account even when it was proved in court.

It is a FACT that Maggie wanted the blame deflected from the Police to the fans. By not denouncing her actions you are, by association, defending her and her actions.

It is a FACT that Maggie wanted the blame deflected from the Police to the fans. By not denouncing her actions you are, by association, defending her and her actions.

You sound like some vicious little student union activist trying to prevent free speech at their uni when they don't like the guest speaker. By making such a statement you are showing us all how your narrow thinking rules your life.

What did Neil Kinnock do for the Hillsborough fans then. Don't remember him shouting for justice. How much of this £10m loot he scammed from the EU has he put towards the fight for the truth.

You sound like some vicious little student union activist trying to prevent free speech at their uni when they don't like the guest speaker. By making such a statement you are showing us all how your narrow thinking rules your life.

Will you denounce Margaret Thatcher for wanting to blame the innocents over those later found guilty in the Hillsborough disaster some 30 years later? A simple yes or no will do.

What did Neil Kinnock do for the Hillsborough fans then. Don't remember him shouting for justice. How much of this £10m loot he scammed from the EU has he put towards the fight for the truth.

I don't know. Perhaps as an ex-Labour voter you can tell me...you must of voted for one of them surely? And with your hatred of everything left wing, I doubt it was Michael Foot.

**duplicate**

Good to see you have removed your insipid little statement. Nice cover up though, by claiming it was duplicate. There are some ex South Yorkshire police officers who would be proud of you.

Will you denounce Margaret Thatcher for wanting to blame the innocents over those later found guilty in the Hillsborough disaster some 30 years later? A simple yes or no will do.

I don't know. Perhaps as an ex-Labour voter you can tell me...you must of voted for one of them surely? And with your hatred of everything left wing, I doubt it was Michael Foot.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Good to see you have removed your insipid little statement. Nice cover up though, by claiming it was duplicate. There are some ex South Yorkshire police officers who would be proud of you.

I didn't want to fall to your level, though I think your proceeding statement backs up my claim that you're full of it.

At the end of the day, had it just been the judgement call then I think it would have been hard to make a prosecution stick. The fact that there were indisputably attempts to pervert the course of justice means that there will have to be a case to answer.

At the end of the day, had it just been the judgement call then I think it would have been hard to make a prosecution stick. The fact that there were indisputably attempts to pervert the course of justice means that there will have to be a case to answer.

Some of the accused did attempt to just blame the fans. Duckenfield did fess up in the first few days that he gave the order to open the gates. He took that decision on the advice of senior officers dealing with the crush against the wall outside the Leppings Lane end.

Don't forget he was found not guilty in a private prosecution as anyone in his shoes with the same information and advice would have done the same thing.

At least the ambulance staff are not being prosecuted as I really don't see what they could have done different.

At last. Incompetence and/or inexperience was never going to amount to manslaughter imho.

This is nothing to do with politics. It's an enquiry into the deaths of 96 people at a football match and now a verdict has been reached is open to discussion about the case.

You can always ignore it if it bothers you.

Last edited:
Back