• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

UPDATE: Hull have recalled Jack Hobbs from his loan spell at Notts Forest. As far as i am aware, he is now available for selection tomorrow

He played in Forest's thrashing of West Ham, so I don't think he can play.

True facts, he's cup tied.

Ignore the update everyone! They HAVE recalled him though...
He has been recalled because Reading bid £1m for him. Latest we heard was the Forest have got their fingers out and offered some cash up front to keep Hobbs on loan for the rest of the season when they will pay a fee for him. He will not be playing tomorrow. We might have a youngster making his debut though.

Interesting question now as to who will be on the subs bench (and who isn't).

If Thompson is playing, I would suggest ...........

Smith Auger (defensive cover) Eastwood Woodrow Laird Barnard & Clifford

UPDATE: Hull have recalled Jack Hobbs from his loan spell at Notts Forest. As far as i am aware, he is now available for selection tomorrow

Can't be bothered to look through but the reason he was recalled was due to an injury to James Chester.

I think Hull are in Town... Charter Flight from Humberside arrived at the airport around 4.00pm. Not sure where they staying but would think the Holiday Inn.

Interesting question now as to who will be on the subs bench (and who isn't).

If Thompson is playing, I would suggest ...........

Smith Auger (defensive cover) Eastwood Woodrow Laird Barnard & Clifford

Is it 7 or 5 subs for the Cup?
if it is 5 then I think PB may go with 5 outfield players, so Auger if O'Neill can't play otherwise it will be Thompson, then Laird and Clifford with Fred and Lee. Maybe CW and young Payne will figure if it is 7 subs.
my thoughts are also that there is now great scope for half the team to be swapped for the Daggers game with only the defence short handed until O'Neill and Whitey are fit and available.

Teams used to stay at the Westcliff Hotel .Cant see them stopping at the Roslin because isn't Phil Brown staying there .

I used to work there as a kid, and plotted to spike the Sheffield Wednesday team's orange juices one morning, but bottled it cos I was scared of the ever-prowling Jackie Charlton!

I used to work there as a kid, and plotted to spike the Sheffield Wednesday team's orange juices one morning, but bottled it cos I was scared of the ever-prowling Jackie Charlton!

Hence your SZ nametag ??

Ok match day has arrived.

im going for:

Bentley
Thompson, Phillips, Prosser, Coker
Hurst, Atkinson, Leonard, Timlin
Corr and Barnard

or back 5 as above with a three of Atkinson, Leonard and Timlin in the middle and Hurst, Straker and Corr upfront. Personally would like to see the 4-4-2 formation today. Going for a 2-1 win.

Match day has arrived and I can't keep off the toilet! No way I can see a rusty Barnard start the match........

The morning of the game is here, nothing yet about it on Sky, only the Kiddie/Sunderland game. Are we really not liked by someone there?
Now it's decisions time for us fans, what is the lucky shirt stuff (no yellow obviously). Do I go to the Spread or straight into the club bar? What time to get along there? Do I take my old Wembley flag? Camera?
And then if I have a few beers what about getting to the ............

My hopes and expectations are HIGH! UTB!:smile:

Match day has arrived and I can't keep off the toilet! No way I can see a rusty Barnard start the match........

No, think there will be a sub appearance but I'd be very surprised if he starts. Same team as last weekend, Thompson if O'Neill isn't fit.

I Did not sleep much last night, did you?

I tossed and turned all night, thinking about the match, drank lots of tea. Looking forward to a wonderful occasion, win or lose.

How did you get on?

good luck lads today,have a good feeling!! in 2 hours time i am on my way to nürnberg v hoffenheim, i am wearing my sufc t-shirt today on the train, but it will be under a warm coat later,coz its now -3..!!will show it off in the pub before the game as well..will be thinking about you all , good luck, think this will be a good season

Back