• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I cant be bothered to go anymore.

Oh dear. Sometimes I wonder how we have as many fans as we do as with all of the gloom many seem to be one goal kick away from a one way ticket to Switzerland.

Reasons to be cheerful, part 1:

- at least we have something to play for, mid-table tedium ain't for SUFC fans;
- we have been far far worse in the past despite what is said on this thread;
- all of our eggs are in one basket re the new stadium, but if it takes off (and you have to believe it will otherwise you might aswell flip completely and watch the Ewe) then we really should have something to move forward with and be proud of;
- you need skill and endeavour to suceed, but in a game based also on the fragility of human error, a large slice of lack is vital, we had it in spades on our push up to the Championship, luck has dererted us for now but it will return, it always does;
- we never know what is round the corner, if it was 100% predictable we wouldn't go as it would be boring, the last but one home game v Swindon is the latest proof of that.

Chin up, stick with it, and your patience will be rewarded..............in one way or another.

And Switzerland in Feb ain't all that.

UTB

Another reason to be cheerful; at least we're not Tractor Boys or Sheep-botherers.

Actually I've never been sure about you and Ipswich; time to come out of the closet perhaps :)

Due to circumstances beyond my control I can't go to Stadium MK on Saturday... and I'm bothered about this fact.

Why? I don't know; sometimes I wish I could turn my support on and off like others seem to be able to.

I'm not saying they're wrong; it's probably the most rational thing to do. It's just something wrong with me I suppose; my reaction is to turn up and offer whatever support I can from the stands regardless of the position in whichever division we're in.

Maybe it's the fact that I've seen far worse players, far worse chairmen, and seen us in far more precarious situations than we have today. It doesn't meen I'm happy with our lot at the moment, but I can retain a sense of perspective.

In fact if I strap the old rose-tinteds on firmly, I can see us getting some results, avoiding relegation, getting through the financial crisis, getting the new stadium under way, and getting back to enjoying things a bit more.

None of this will make me any more or less likely to be bothered to turn up though!

"I can't be bothered to go anymore"!!!???

Then don't.. True fans will stick by the club whatever happens..

'True fans' might still stick with the club, but if they to decide not to go to matches because we are not playing well I don't have a problem with that. You can't really blame anyone for not wanting to go at the moment.

I'd love to be going to most of the games in the run-in, but I'll only get to the ones over Easter and Saints away due to uni, and I'm gutted about that.

Then don't.. True fans will stick by the club whatever happens..

Wether i choose to go or not is irrelevant as the club has already had my backing financially this season. I have spent probably close to 700 quid this season following blues and the enjoyment factor has been very very low. If you want to blindly throw money in the hope that some quality or passion will be on show each week then great. I have been there done that.
I remember under Alvin i think we went almost a year without an away win but i was there with about 30 others at home park when Sadya Nyda or whatever his name was popped up with a 92 minute winner.

Difference i had no high expectations of that team and was happy to feel part of a small band who travelled the country.
I dont think i have ever felt this far removed from any team that i have watched. Its just seems like us the fans are seen as a necessary evil for the club to move foward or at the moment sideways.

A thread about not being bothered has generated a surprising amount of posts.

Last edited:
I first went to watch the Blues in 1968 when my dad took me along. I have supported them ever since and although I admit to not seeing every game in these past 42 years I have held a season card for around the past 31 years.

I also have seen some very bad seasons, managers and performances, but i can't remember many times when there was such a lack of passion on the pitch... then again I can't remember us relying on so many loanees or foreigners in the side either.

The current situatuion seems to be a replay of the Jobson era all over again, with the seemingly false promises and the like.

For me though I can never remember feeling so despondent, and at the last home game if had not attended with friends, I would have gone home at half time for the 1st time ever.

I know just feel tired, worn down and despondent by all the bullsh!t, untruths and cons, and although I do try to do my best to support all the players, (and would never slag off anyone of them personally). I am finding it increasingly difficult to be a supporter when I watch non triers week in week out, vying for my hard earned cash / support.

It is also noticable just how many people who used to sit around me at Roots hall who no longer attend, or cherry pick games, many of them were season ticket holders... Obviously they feel the same.

It is with a heavy heart that I say that I will not renew my season card next year and nor I think will my friends (4 cards in all).

Sad but true!

I first went to watch the Blues in 1968 when my dad took me along. I have supported them ever since and although I admit to not seeing every game in these past 42 years I have held a season card for around the past 31 years.

I also have seen some very bad seasons, managers and performances, but i can't remember many times when there was such a lack of passion on the pitch... then again I can't remember us relying on so many loanees or foreigners in the side either.

The current situatuion seems to be a replay of the Jobson era all over again, with the seemingly false promises and the like.

For me though I can never remember feeling so despondent, and at the last home game if had not attended with friends, I would have gone home at half time for the 1st time ever.

I know just feel tired, worn down and despondent by all the bullsh!t, untruths and cons, and although I do try to do my best to support all the players, (and would never slag off anyone of them personally). I am finding it increasingly difficult to be a supporter when I watch non triers week in week out, vying for my hard earned cash / support.

It is also noticable just how many people who used to sit around me at Roots hall who no longer attend, or cherry pick games, many of them were season ticket holders... Obviously they feel the same.

It is with a heavy heart that I say that I will not renew my season card next year and nor I think will my friends (4 cards in all).

Sad but true!

Thats how i feel. Not part of the club at all and that was the one thing we had over premiership clubs. We actually were part of the club not just spectators. I feel thats been stripped from us aswell this season.

Still according to SUFCFANS your not a real fan either.

Bad runs are all part of football.. So are shocking displays.. Norwich got relegated last season., I assume they were of a similar frame of mind back then .. right up to getting filled in by the scum, in fact thing where worse they were not tha tlong out of the premiership and financial rumours where rife, they still are.. funnily enough they are a bit happier now.. anything can happen.. all Iknow is next week ill be watching our boys play Norwich and Charlton in the space of three days and as is usual with us in recent years there is something to play for, be it a play off place, a title or a good old relegation battle .. and I cant wait for both matches

Back