• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I-Follow - you get angry!

No we couldn't. From a technical perspective sure we could do it but we'd get a cease and desist order immediately because Southend don't own the rights to stream their matches. Even Ben Foster almost wound up in legal trouble because he stuck a GoPro on during his matches and uploaded highlights to YouTube, he's since had to pay a licencing fee to the EFL to continue doing it.

So we don't mind getting in legal trouble with the HMRC, but god forbid we go after copyright!

Not everyone uses iFollow - there’s a few sensible ones

“Please note that the iFollow service is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2020/21 season who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Those clubs who have not will have access to the same live streaming opportunity and will be able to provide their fans with access through their own club digital services.

We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of AFC Bournemouth, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Harrogate Town, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, QPR, Salford City, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Watford and Wigan Athletic. Please contact your club for more information.

Links to the streaming solutions these clubs provide are included above for supporters to get information on their streaming services.”

Spot on.

The Orient TV streaming works without any hitch whatsoever........and you get half an hour preview/interviews etc, HT discussion and FT review.

Noah would be ashamed of ifollow.......and all the animals onboard would rightly mutiny....

No we couldn't. From a technical perspective sure we could do it but we'd get a cease and desist order immediately because Southend don't own the rights to stream their matches. Even Ben Foster almost wound up in legal trouble because he stuck a GoPro on during his matches and uploaded highlights to YouTube, he's since had to pay a licencing fee to the EFL to continue doing it.

Southend won't own the rights to stream their matches because these were granted to iFollow. However iFollow will invariably be in breach of that agreement because they've failed to provide the service meaning the club could theoretically terminate and go it alone....

If anyone from the Shrimpers Trust reading this wonder if you could give an update in your efforts with the club and FSA concerning the problems with ifollow.I also understand that FSA were arranging a survey to gather views from supporters in using this streaming service, but to date haven't seen one

Surprisingly the FSA survey is now on their website they wish all fans to complete to gather our views.I have completed but on what I had to complete I am not sure what good it will do.
Let's hope the efforts of the Shrimpers Trust and the Club will bring about some improvement.Because frankly speaking nobody seems to be taking this problem seriously,happy to take the money and no interest in sorting out the fundamental problems,rant over

The Trust were applauding how "good" the response was last night when it was anything but that. We've been round this circle before:

Oldham game stream doesn't work.
Get free code for Walsall, they claim they've fixed the problems.
The game stream the free code is for doesn't work.
iFollow not interested. SUFC do not reply to emails.
More problems on the Forest Green game stream.
They claim they've fixed the problems and will issue a free code. But that's what they said the previous times.

Surprisingly the FSA survey is now on their website they wish all fans to complete to gather our views.I have completed but on what I had to complete I am not sure what good it will do.
Let's hope the efforts of the Shrimpers Trust and the Club will bring about some improvement.Because frankly speaking nobody seems to be taking this problem seriously,happy to take the money and no interest in sorting out the fundamental problems,rant over
I've completed the survey. For anyone who's interested it's here:

I would encourage you all to let them know what we think.

Just done it

note -for Anyone about to do it, there is only one box where you can add comments. I added comments but was expecting a box later on at the end and there wasn’t one

Done it! Thanks for finding it.

Just got an email apologising etc. etc. and code for Stevenage match on 5th December.

I’ve just received a email from the EFL, saying I’ll get Tuesdays match pass refunded because of the issues.. I didn’t have any issues ?

Just got my code for Stevenage away 5th Dec as compensation

Same here and I didn't have any problems.

I was still waiting for a reply to my rant about the Walsall game which was a freebie or not in the end. I'd put the code in and it ignored it and charged me card.

This is the bit that gets me:

"It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better," says Carlos from I-Follow.

I thinks thats what they call disingenuous.

They know there have been problems for all the last six matches, because this thread alone is testimony to that.

Its great everyone is getting something back provided the club is not losing out- i still can't see anything on that. Hopefully CP will find out- EFL or the provider should be compensating NOT the club losing revenue

Back