• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I sent a copy of my feelings to the Chairman. Please see his response.

“What as arse-hole you truly are ... post that Kevin”

I’ve suspected for some time that Ron takes an interest in our online activities & views as supporters, does this not bear that out to some degree?

Put yourself in our place for a moment Mr Chairman. You will likely walk away with a nice pay day & a bright future once the new stadium is built. I cannot with confidence say the same of our club.

It may be your money invested in the club, but a majority of us have invested a significant part of our lives in Southend United (42 years & counting here) only to see it decimated to non league status under your yoke.

You had the power to prevent this.

What an arse-hole you truly are Mr Martin .... roll that up & stick it in your Bentleys exhaust..

Last edited:
Unfortunately iv got to the stage where iv had enough of this crap! Sufc doesn't really feel like the same club anymore. Iv watched every game this season and its worst football iv ever seen.......

Chairman in my opinion has given up on the playing side and just after his pot of gold.

Manager just seem clueless and has no answer to get us out of this mess..... only tactic he uses is (sit back, hit long and hope)

Regards to next season. I need to see changes for the better for this club going forward to get me to go back and watch. If those changes don't happen then **** it, i won't go and watch.

As a fan their comes a time enough is enough!

The fans will come back when we start winning games, regardless of the division. Fans are fickle, at any club not just Southend. If (stay with me) we’re top of the NL at Christmas then the anti Ron stuff will dwindle to next to nothing.

Well this season ticket holder, son and father in law won't be back so that's three already.

Nothing will replace Southend for me, and I could never support or watch anyone else, so at least we'll have our weekends back!

In truth I believe RM is hurting as much as, possibly more by the mess we are in.
Okay, at the end of the day the buck stops at his door, as does the ruinous financial disaster of relegation and shame.
In fighting does not do much to help; nor shows of unhappiness like boycotts, locking gates, egging cars, booing players.
I would hope RM is hurting as much as we are ,then perhaps he will understand our predicament and the fact that MM and his staff are not up to the job and do something ASAP about bringing in a manager who knows his job understands what is needed to be done ,understands tactics etc.If RM ever wanted to win back the supporters support he needs to do this ASAP before its not too late .( if it isnt already ) .I still believe someone in the mould off Luggy can get the best out off this shower .

Do people have to keep emailing him to tell him how **** he is though? I’m sure he’s well aware the fan base isn’t happy and also one assumes he is also aware he’s made mistakes? Probably thinks he’s done a lot of good too and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

it’s unprofessional what he’s replied of course but people will have their limits and constantly being told you are ****, rubbish, killing something people love, get out of town, you only care about yourself etc etc - I mean that’s probably some of the topics of the nicer emails - will be incredibly damaging to another humans mental health.

through no fault of my own I ended up in a situation over xmas where I was at the forefront of 10s of thousands of angry customers and they turned to me to take frustrations out and it’s amazing how much bull**** people will post with absolutely no shred of facts or evidence.

it wasn’t very nice at all and not something I’d want to experience again. Now I’m sure Ron is plenty used to it by now but still doesnt Really make it acceptable.

whats your message done OP? You pressed “send” and it made you feel a bit better about yourself for half an hour?

think in these times, be nice if people would just consider the feelings of the other person.

(no I’m not Ron and I don’t have £5 to spare for anyone!!)

The fans will come back? Really? I think not. I've had enough.
With all due respect your profile says 53 years a shrimper! For that first off Rob I applaud you but come on mate you ain’t going to stop going and you know it!
If (most likely) we go down having strong support in numbers is going to be a big advantage to us when we swamp some of these relatively tiny clubs.
We are going to need you fella

With all due respect your profile says 53 years a shrimper! For that first off Rob I applaud you but come on mate you ain’t going to stop going and you know it!
If (most likely) we go down having strong support in numbers is going to be a big advantage to us when we swamp some of these relatively tiny clubs.

Not for the long term. It's just feeding Ron to stay longer.

Going next season will be like a battered wife going back for more punishment.

I’ve suspected for some time that Ron takes an interest in our online activities & views as supporters, does this not bear that out to some degree?
If he is reading these posts then I'd just like to add that I think RM is a complete and utter ****ing ****.

Not for the long term. It's just feeding Ron to stay longer.

Going next season will be like a battered wife going back for more punishment.
Love conquers all! I don’t support Southend because of the glory or stature, it’s because they are where I am from. Some glory would be always welcome though, and if we do go down then we need a huge reset at this club, fans are going to have to play a huge role in that.

Do people have to keep emailing him to tell him how **** he is though? I’m sure he’s well aware the fan base isn’t happy and also one assumes he is also aware he’s made mistakes? Probably thinks he’s done a lot of good too and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

it’s unprofessional what he’s replied of course but people will have their limits and constantly being told you are ****, rubbish, killing something people love, get out of town, you only care about yourself etc etc - I mean that’s probably some of the topics of the nicer emails - will be incredibly damaging to another humans mental health.

through no fault of my own I ended up in a situation over xmas where I was at the forefront of 10s of thousands of angry customers and they turned to me to take frustrations out and it’s amazing how much bull**** people will post with absolutely no shred of facts or evidence.

it wasn’t very nice at all and not something I’d want to experience again. Now I’m sure Ron is plenty used to it by now but still doesnt Really make it acceptable.

whats your message done OP? You pressed “send” and it made you feel a bit better about yourself for half an hour?

think in these times, be nice if people would just consider the feelings of the other person.

(no I’m not Ron and I don’t have £5 to spare for anyone!!)

Ron genuinely does not take blame and he thinks it's only a tiny number of people who are angry to point of not going. He is so far detached from reality.

Emails, just likes promises made to fan groups are just water off a ducks back to him. He wont fulfill what he says. He doesnt care and theres no respect.

Love conquers all! I don’t support Southend because of the glory or stature, it’s because they are where I am from. Some glory would be always welcome though, and if we do go down then we need a huge reset at this club, fans are going to have to play a huge role in that.

Totally agree its us who will have to pick up everything of what's left if anything. Hopefully some other fans are working on real contingency plans.

Ron Martin is a developer, yes he has put money into the club, but only with one goal in mind, development of Fosetts and Roots Hall, then he will get his investment back, PLUS MORE the football club is a means to and end, However I dont believe he does not care about the club, but is a secondary consideration, I wont be going next season in the NL,

It's 55 years now! But it's like watching a really rubbish band in the hope that one day they'll play a song well. Football fans are brand-loyal to a huge degree. If I go to a restaurant that's absolute rubbish, will I keep going back? No.

There's too much wrong at all levels at the club. Has anyone enjoyed the last three seasons? I doubt it. Now, I might be out of order here but I want entertainment in my football. We can't even say "Well, we lost 4-3 but what great game!" No, we lose and it's boring, dull, frustrating and a waste of time, effort, money.

The way I see things - Martin just wants to make money and has no interest in the club as such. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm upset by his response, but I'm more confused by him still using a Blackberry when they stopped making phones in 2017.

I fear old age has crept up with Ron and he has become detached from the modern world, in a way that would help explain his poor communications at a time when communicating couldn't be easier but also when what you say can be stored and scrutinised forever.

Oh and Mods you may want to check the GDPR implications of having peoples email addresses visible

Ron Martin is a developer, yes he has put money into the club, but only with one goal in mind, development of Fosetts and Roots Hall, then he will get his investment back, PLUS MORE the football club is a means to and end, However I dont believe he does not care about the club, but is a secondary consideration, I wont be going next season in the NL,
I look at it like this,if Martin is offering senior season cards for £100 or lower i might be interested if not i'll pick the big derby games like Borehamwood or sutton utd at a tenner a throw or less,come on ronni tempt me.

I look at it like this,if Martin is offering senior season cards for £100 or lower i might be interested if not i'll pick the big derby games like Borehamwood or sutton utd at a tenner a throw or less,come on ronni tempt me.
Be surprised if it’s a tenner Swiss Tony, think 15- 20 pounds will be the bench mark still

Back