• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

StockportFan

Hi all.

You might remember a few months ago I talked on here about Stockport County and had a general moan.

Things still aren't going to plan and we're staring the Conference in the face; we as a club need all the publicity we can get because we need a huge cash injection to start again with the playing squad.

Given the administration etc. that's been occuring at the club, a friend of mine was determined to help Stockport out in any way; a couple of years ago he set up a website for Stockport news called stockportinsider.com.
That's over now, but a much greater project is being established, thefootballnetwork.com, and i'm delighted to be helping out with it. This will be a site in a similar vein to other football websites, with each Premier League and Football League club having its own site; the idea is that no team, whether top of the Premier League or bottom of division 2 (the irony, I know) will take priority over others, but it will be a base for all football fans to write about, advertise, celebrate or moan about their club. The greater plan is to also have a forum, podcasts, et al, as well as a personal blog area where any fan can have their own articles which can be as biased and glorified as they like, so long as it isn't personally offensive or libelous.

The concept of a blog is sometimes attacked but we believe that it will have a positive effect; firstly, we hope that this will lead to the main news stories on the site will be as unbiased and professional as possible, which can sometimes occur when we as fans are writing about our own clubs. This way, with a personal blog writers can also have their own opinions, which can be commented on and discussed - therefore it isn't like a messageboard in the sense that other fans can see it, and it offers everyone the chance to have their opinion.

This is a serious project which is quite financially hefty - but it's for the greater good. Some might think it's just another website, but I think we all appreciate that clubs like ours in the lower reaches of the Football League need all the publicity and help they can get at the moment. If in any way we can help to highlight and solve the problems that our clubs are facing, and spread knowledge about the likes of Southend United through journalism then great.

For this to happen, we need people to write for us, of all ages, opinions, etc. If you've been a Shrimpers fan since 1923, or if you went to your first game on Saturday, you're welcome, as long as you want the best for your football club! I'd be really very grateful if anybody on here would be willing to help us as and when you wish to.

What we really, really need more than anything else is someone to edit the Southend United page; it's your own page, you can do what you like as long as its not offensive or illegal, and you can write as often or as rarely as you like.
If anyone is interested, please inbox me and we'll go from there.

Cheers

What we really, really need more than anything else is someone to edit the Southend United page; it's your own page, you can do what you like as long as its not offensive or illegal, and you can write as often or as rarely as you like.
If anyone is interested, please inbox me and we'll go from there.

Cheers
That's what I like about the shrimperzone:winking:

Major tip for you here; Don't get some yank company to host your site! Shrimperzone was moved to servers in America and had nothing but problems. Couldn't get onto the site for weeks. They hadn't even done a proper back-up meaning posts, messages etc were lost. Some hard work by the new bods here in blighty and all is going swimmingly :happy:

P.S. What is the renumeration?:unsure:

Back