• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
I was watching some crap music channel on sky tonight with the wife and stumbled across a tune…….it did not really strike a cord with me until my ears perked up to one of the lines in the song, which was something like …

“What if there was no internet”

Got me thinking just how much I take the net for granted.!!

I whack it on before going to work to check e-mails, can not do anything at work until I have had a coffee and booted my PC up.

Spend a lot of the day chatting to you bunch of wasters instead of doing what I get paid a lot of money to do.

Get home, check my e-mails…..make dinner and then chat on the Zone, Face book and various other Internet based forums.

What the Ferk did I do before the internet? What would I do in my life if someone pulled the plug on the internet?

You know what I honestly think? My life would be richer in every aspect. I used to have a lot of fun before the internet existed, I used to call my sister and mates on the phone to have a chat, I used to pick up books to find out where a certain county was or how best to cook a duck breast. I used to exercise my right to investigate things with out just googling it..

Granted, no one can say that the internet is not a good thing, it provides information beyond the realms that we could have ever imagined 20 years ago, but is it a god thing? It may assist you in your exams or wanting to find something out quick and easy, but does it make us lazy?? Should we be going down to the local library to gain the information and knowledge that we can gain in seconds on the internet?

In Short, is the internet a good thing? Could you cope with out it, does it make you lazy??????

Did you miss it during the 60’s 70’s 80’s and some of the 90’s??????????

I might have managed to get my Christmas cards written by now if there was no internet that's for sure! It would have been something to do in the dark, small hours when I can't sleep rather than being on here!

Broadband went down at office Mon - Thurs last week.

Day 1, felt like my right arm had been removed.

Days 2-4, were like heaven on earth.

Got through an amazing quantity of more important work
I had been meaning to get round to for months.

Did my emails in one batch from home, leaving office
early to do so - so refreshing also to get way from
the dog and bone and all the time wasters and
sellers of all and sundry.

Reliance on the internet, yes it's a fact of everyday
life but don't let it rule your life - as with mobile
telephones.

probably the birth rate would suddenly fly through the roof..

more letters of complaint will go to the TV channels, as people realise that the quality of programmes has deteriated over the past few years...

The purchase of alcohol will increase...

the divorce rate will go up, as now you find you have nothin in common with your internet bride

you would all get a life?

For a couple of weeks ive been working in the mountains and the hotel has no internet and must say i didnt miss it at all.
I spend more time playing with my kids and beasting the wife then i do on the net,some folks do seem to be addicted to the www but if it works for them then so be it.

For a couple of weeks ive been working in the mountains and the hotel has no internet and must say i didnt miss it at all.
I spend more time playing with my kids and beasting the wife then i do on the net,some folks do seem to be addicted to the www but if it works for them then so be it.

I don't think i would miss it if i was with out it for a month either.

Funny topic this, Im doing a project on this and finding out peoples views :) Quite interesting actually

Is that beasting or beating you wife you big neanderful!.

How you getting on froggy?

Is that beasting or beating you wife you big neanderful!.

How you getting on froggy?

Could be either,if i fancy a bit of spanking then so be it,you know how it is with that dutiful wife thing.
Us froggys are all fine and french like,living the life of a peasant farmer.
Hows life for you and the doctor.

Don't think we'd miss it if you were without it for a month either!! :whistling:

This from Mr popular pants!!

:D

I would be quite upset by that comment if it was someone who meant something to me but as it is you.....i put it down to your character and general attitude!!

:whistling:

Last edited:
Back