• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you could change one thing in life....

DTS

The Business
What would it be. Can be work, personal, SUFC anything.

Personally I think I would maybe have gone down a differnet career path. Working as an IFA/Mortgage Broker/Anything I can see Financial and make money from is basically an OK living but its all targets.

One day as a sales person you are high as a kite and the next your boss is moaning at you and your useless. I compare this to my mates that dont have sales targets etc to hit and I am quite jealous.

Part of my day always involves generating business which is boring and soul destroying. Then you get your people that you do all the work for and then drop out at the last second for no apparant reason.

Sales bosses are normally tossers and on top of that the chances of getting out of financial sales and earning the same sort of living are slim as money is decent and starting again you would be on so much less.

I think given my time again I would have done something I could actually do and not have to worry so much about targets. I would love to just come in do a good job and go home. Maybe thats just a utopia world though?

What is your one thing you might change in life.

PS - Ladies of SZ please dont all put have got with me when I was single of this could get boring...............

I wish I'd not got a ridiculous passport photo done when i had a massive wigga afro...

n223801083_401045_6103.jpg

I regret it every day

Probably not getting into computers (work wise) when I was a teenager and making my millions in the internet boom, but then again would I necessarily be any happier than I am now?

Yes my job is **** (and that's going to change soon), but apart from that I'm a happy chappy.

Last edited:
I'd change my extremist views to left-wing tree-hugging nonsense so that every time I spouted off the rest of the girls would hug me and praise my 'empathy' and 'compassion'. Unfortunately I have a pair of testicles so I'll have to stay as I am.

Personally at the moment as feeling a little down, think i would have started a family earlier, my son is coming upto 3 years old now.

I was 34 and my wife was 35 when we had him and would really like him to have a brother or sister but time is not so much on our side now.

Personally at the moment as feeling a little down, think i would have started a family earlier, my son is coming upto 3 years old now.

I was 34 and my wife was 35 when we had him and would really like him to have a brother or sister but time is not so much on our side now.

Meh! My mum had me at 42! Plenty of time.

When I was young, I mean 7 Years Old young, I wasn't a bad footballer at all. Played as a centre forward, had a lot of pace for my age, and scored over 30 goals a season 3 years straight. Played in a team with all my mates and loved every minute of it.

Whilst that was all well and good, The level I was playing at wasn't the best and, without blowing my own trumpet, it was always me and my strike partner who stood out head and shoulders above the rest. My old man was involved with youth coaching at a high level, and told me that I had to move to a better club... he sent me to Rayleigh Boys.

I trialled, successfully, and signed for them... I was 10 and didn't know anybody, long story short I left after 2 months as I never settled in properly and went to playing football in a different team. I stayed until the end of the season, but my confidence was shot to pieces and I used to get a verbal lashing most weeks from a ******* of a manager... not what you need at 10 years old. I left them at the end of the season and didn't really get involved again until I was 15/16.

Little did I know that Rayleigh at the time were forging links with the Arsenal Academy, and the manager I worked with thought I could've been one of the youngsters to be sent there. Rayleigh Boys are now Rayleigh Arsenal, and are probably the Elite youth football side in Essex.

So, yeah, If I could change one thing in my life, I would've listened to my Old Man and stuck it out.

When I was young, I mean 7 Years Old young, I wasn't a bad footballer at all. Played as a centre forward, had a lot of pace for my age, and scored over 30 goals a season 3 years straight. Played in a team with all my mates and loved every minute of it.

Whilst that was all well and good, The level I was playing at wasn't the best and, without blowing my own trumpet, it was always me and my strike partner who stood out head and shoulders above the rest. My old man was involved with youth coaching at a high level, and told me that I had to move to a better club... he sent me to Rayleigh Boys.

I trialled, successfully, and signed for them... I was 10 and didn't know anybody, long story short I left after 2 months as I never settled in properly and went to playing football in a different team. I stayed until the end of the season, but my confidence was shot to pieces and I used to get a verbal lashing most weeks from a ******* of a manager... not what you need at 10 years old. I left them at the end of the season and didn't really get involved again until I was 15/16.

Little did I know that Rayleigh at the time were forging links with the Arsenal Academy, and the manager I worked with thought I could've been one of the youngsters to be sent there. Rayleigh Boys are now Rayleigh Arsenal, and are probably the Elite youth football side in Essex.

So, yeah, If I could change one thing in my life, I would've listened to my Old Man and stuck it out.

I dont understand why these managers think that at 10 years old shouting at you will get the best from you. I personally had the same thing happen to me.

Was playing on Sundays for my club side and whilst we were pretty poor without being big headed I think that I was one of the better players.

Yet playing for my school side my teacher Mr Mason used to bollock me all the time. He was playing me at left back when I was a right footed centre back and he got me feeling like crap.

It was so annoying as club football was going so well and yet school football was a nightmare. Ended up not wanting to play for school anymore.

Mr Mason did get what was coming to him though when a load of lads from that had left my school a year before came back one lunch time to fill him in. He ran like a girl and hid in his office.

A week later someone sprayed "Mr Mason ****es his pants" on the canteen outside wall. Classic - Never say Mason in the playground ever again.

I would not have sold the total goal minutes on a spread bet at last years Euros.

Was about 400 quid Dave, but the agony of watching late goal after late goal go in totally ruined any enjoyment of watching the games.

I wish I'd have gone on to uni and done a degree in Art History, something I've regetted more as I've got older.

always the same with me.. not lending Bill Gates 50,000 bucks to set up his fledgling computer company for 20 per cent of the stock .. Mind you I probably would have sold out for $100,000 then shorted it, thinking that nerdy geek will never get anywhere!

I wish I'd have gone on to uni and done a degree in Art History, something I've regetted more as I've got older.

It's never too late.

As for me. The thing I would change is the amount of money in my bank account. If there was enough I would quit work tomorrow and train as an airline pilot.

But you've all heard that one before...

Two for me.

Should not have listened to my dad and done Business Studies. I wish I had done A levels (English, Geography & Chemistry) & then a relevant degree, either English/Media or Sport Science.

Fought my case to not relocate to Scotland 9 years ago and/or worked out a better strategy to get out sooner (although I can now see the first light of a new dawn in that area - not back to Essex though, but hopefully something more exciting!!!)

I think you would have regretted it more if you had spent several grand in tuition fees on a degree rich kids do before their parents juice them in to a decent job.

Back