• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If your best mate turned gay.....

Poll

• Total voters
One of my housemates at uni came out a few months after we finished living at our student house. When he came out we wanted to know which of us he thought was the best looking, what footballers he fancied etc...

It must be awesome being a gay football fan, you get the bonus of fancying some of the players too!

One of my housemates at uni came out a few months after we finished living at our student house. When he came out we wanted to know which of us he thought was the best looking, what footballers he fancied etc...

It must be awesome being a gay football fan, you get the bonus of fancying some of the players too!

But I reckon it would reduce enjoyment of sport...... I find when watching womens sports I dont actually appreciate the quality of the sport and tend to just concentrate on the slow motion replays of Sharapova's skirt when she serves....couldnt give a monkeys whether the serve went in or not......

My football manager for my saturday team came out a couple of years ago, and I thought the players took it really well, light hearted banter as you would expect from a football team but it didnt really affect anything...... oh, apart from fact he 'outed' one of our players as well, which Im not sure he appreciated!!!

You should (and I do) tell my mates everything and if one of my mates had covered up something as big as this I would wonder what else they had kept quiet.
Whilst you would always hope that your mates tell you everything, "coming out" isn't just something that brings itself up easily in conversation, is it? Just about every other "big thing" that a mate might have to confess - that he has an STD, that he has fathered a child, that he has spent time inside - at the end of the day, those are all things that have happened as a result of positive, conscious acts.

Being gay isn't like that. It goes to the very essence of who someone is. It's not a conscious act - it's a state of being. And it can take some people along time to admit it even to themselves, let alone to other people!

Personally, I couldn't care less if a mate of mine is gay or straight, black or white, thin or fat. If he's a mate, then he's a mate - nothing else matters.

Matt

As long as he refrained from continually trying to hump my leg like an over eager mongrel then I'd have no problem with it.

Personally, I couldn't care less if a mate of mine is gay or straight, black or white, thin or fat. If he's a mate, then he's a mate - nothing else matters.

Matt

He says that, but when we last got asked why he was having a beer with an Orient fan he disowned me :( :(

Nope, I speak from personal experience :o

9368198_48e934100c.jpg

??

One plus is that he will be able to point you in the direction of all the latest fashion clobber 6 months before your hetro mates get the heads up.. (oops)

Back