• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From my understanding, ifollow will now also be legally available to UK & Ireland residents from next season. (As long as it isn't being played on a Saturday afternoon between 14:45 -17:15 or shown on Sky Sports). That should in theory vastly improve the quality of the streaming video for UK users, rather than going through a VPN.

Will do, but how does uninstall? Have tried, but the icon stubbornly remains in the top browser.

If you added as an extension, in Chrome, go to the 3 dots at the top right and hovering over it. You will see an option for extensions. Open it and you will see all your extensions. Just delete Hola

From my understanding, ifollow will now also be legally available to UK & Ireland residents from next season. (As long as it isn't being played on a Saturday afternoon between 14:45 -17:15 or shown on Sky Sports). That should in theory vastly improve the quality of the streaming video for UK users, rather than going through a VPN.

It's the following season. 2019/2020

Now I have moved house from the US back to the UK this morning I have edited my address to my home address here on my iFollow account. It will be interesting to see whether I can pick up another away game with the changed details.

It's very definitely impressive. Shame there's no commentary but this is definitely the future.

Thats not going to help for the majority of games though if you cant watch it when the games actually on. Will only apply to midweek games.

Now I have moved house from the US back to the UK this morning I have edited my address to my home address here on my iFollow account. It will be interesting to see whether I can pick up another away game with the changed details.

Only used my UK address when I registered.

Thats not going to help for the majority of games though if you cant watch it when the games actually on. Will only apply to midweek games.

Same here, though when I paid I had to choose France as the country and I was amazed it went through. Is there a Milton Keynes in France?

Same here, though when I paid I had to choose France as the country and I was amazed it went through. Is there a Milton Keynes in France?

I paid in Australian myself whilst in Australia, just used my UK card and address.

So no idea how it determines your region and eligibility as Ive heard others say the card part failed.

That is so weird. I tried multiple times to register with my UK address and got foxtrot Oscar every time. So I added a US address and it worked immediately.

The streaming providers usually use the IP address you are logged on to, this is based on country codes, usually this is what a provider will look at. IPlayer is one for instance that checks your IP for in or out of the UK. This is where the VPN comes in it disguises your current IP with one from a non blocked country. The next level is where is your CC registered, UK or overseas. In my case I have a Cyprus CC and address, but have moved to Portugal, but the card is still active. So I guess they are at the moment more interested in the CC billing address

I had my VPN set up for Germany, and used my UK credit card, with the UK address and it worked fine.

Could it depend on the VPN maybe?

This Hola/VPN/credit card thing after 22 pages has yet to fetch a DEFINITIVE straightforward answer.
If anyone comes across a less than dodgy VPN, card solution - please post, and I'll pencil you in the will.

This Hola/VPN/credit card thing after 22 pages has yet to fetch a DEFINITIVE straightforward answer.
If anyone comes across a less than dodgy VPN, card solution - please post, and I'll pencil you in the will.

I don't think there is one - everyone seems to have a different experience. If you're worried about Hola, then there are paid VPNs that are probably less dodgy (Tunnel Bear for example).

Back