• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Im done with this shower of.......

Wonder how many of the half season cards will be sold that the club were offering the other day. Only a true glutton for punishment would do that!

Imagine that Ron will have to reduce next season's prices a fair bit.

This will be my last season as a season card holder largely because I am moving to Sussex next year. But I seriously thought about not renewing last year and didn't go yesterday. A sad way to finish a long time as a regular but I have fallen out of love with SUFC. Losing I can deal with, even relegation, but the lack of fight from the players and tactical ineptitude of a string of managers has ground me down.

If (when) we go done we should have a serious look at the structure of the season cards.

This blanket pricing that we have, simply doesn't work well.

We need certain areas to be much cheaper etc. The east has the best value in terms of view and facilities etc. The South upper the best view but terrible facilities and the West has a fairly poor view and mediocre facilities.

There is no way on earth people will part with £400 odd to see us get dicked by Bromley etc

Stop going.

And for the love of god stop ****ing clapping them at the end.

Treating us like mugs

Aaawwww didums ... ...

Is you not winning at footy ?

I don’t believe the players who were out there don’t care .

Mistakes have been made - by Ron, by previous managers, by Sol, by players, by 19 year old debutantes and by the club captain ....

Despite the disasters and 0-2 the players kept going and got caught pushing forward twice in the last 5 m. They should have been down to 10 with usual weak ref.

Please DON’T come to Roots Hall if you want to abuse players and moan and groan. Stay way.

I support Campbell and our players who are in a very difficult situation. We need fans who will pressure officials, encourage our players and keep Roots Hall a positive place .

Go shopping or spend time making yourself happy. No point in making yourself unhappy.

I will going and backing the team and in particular encouraging the fine young lads from our youth schemes who are holding this club together ... and the decent honest footballers who have their careers and bodies on the line playing for our club.

Enjoy the shops.

Yep.

My Christmas tree isn’t out of the garage yet and we are:
11 points from safety
52 conceded (fastest to 50 since 1966)
0 home wins

Some people will say “true fans like us will still go week in week out”... there’s a fine line between dedication and stupidity

This. It annoys me when I see some on here typing supporters in quotation marks for various reasons, like leaving early for example. Truthfully anyone that was there yesterday or indeed still going several months back deserve a bloody medal....or a head examination.

Also don't rely on the "hardcore" still coming. My family are as hardcore Shrimpers as you are likely to find over a century, but we're not prepared to throw good money after bad and just like many of you have seen some bloody awful sides. But this group? This group are not a professional outfit and I'm no longer prepared to pay professional ticket prices to watch them.

Am I hurting the club? I don't owe them anything. I've been an advocate for them my entire life, was picked on at school for supporting them when all my mates were Liverpool in the 80's. Despite that Im proud to be a Shrimper, all I ask is that some of that pride is shown back in performance...even in defeat.
We are being sold a defective, broken and not fit for purpose product. Well, no more.
I'll look at it again in January and evaluate from there.

Last edited:
I will going and backing the team and in particular encouraging the fine young lads from our youth schemes who are holding this club together ... and the decent honest footballers who have their careers and bodies on the line playing for our club.
John White.

Who else has put their body and career on the line for us?

John White.

Who else has put their body and career on the line for us?

given that they have not been given a decent level of physical preperation and conditioning by the "managers" I would say all of them ...

it would not be a surprise if morale is at rock bottom and some weak personalities are dissaffected and not up for it but they can go ... bye bye.

But I am looking forward to supporting the team and manager in this situation ...
I always love the underdog and don't turn on my own whenthings get tough for them.

Do enjoy your shopping

Without footie on Saturday the weekend, in winter isn't complete .
I can not support anyone else, non league is not for me, I have tried watching egg chasing and that isn't much of a watch at Southend or Westcliff: so rain or shine I will toddler along to the Hall and, unfortunately, suffer this litany of shambles.

Interestingly, the club shop was shut not long after the final whistle, which I thought was a bit odd given there's only one other game before Christmas.

Aaawwww didums ... ...

Is you not winning at footy ?

I don’t believe the players who were out there don’t care .

Mistakes have been made - by Ron, by previous managers, by Sol, by players, by 19 year old debutantes and by the club captain ....

Despite the disasters and 0-2 the players kept going and got caught pushing forward twice in the last 5 m. They should have been down to 10 with usual weak ref.

Please DON’T come to Roots Hall if you want to abuse players and moan and groan. Stay way.

I support Campbell and our players who are in a very difficult situation. We need fans who will pressure officials, encourage our players and keep Roots Hall a positive place .

Go shopping or spend time making yourself happy. No point in making yourself unhappy.

Enjoy the shops.

This statement is pretty insulting and is directed at posssibly the most patient and loyal fan base in the country.

Nearly 6k home fans their yesterday to see yet another woeful display by a terrible side.

We haven't seen a home win or even a draw this season in the league.

We have had a record bad start, record home defeat and look set to have more home defeats this season then last year's record breaker. We also may be the worst side this division has even seen.

How you have the cheek to tell those not up for it to stay away is beyond me.

6k turned up despite all of the above.

They deserve better than the shower of **** being served up.

I don't blame a single fan for staying away

given that they have not been given a decent level of physical preperation and conditioning by the "managers" I would say all of them ...

it would not be a surprise if morale is at rock bottom and some weak personalities are dissaffected and not up for it but they can go ... bye bye.

But I am looking forward to supporting the team and manager in this situation ...
I always love the underdog and don't turn on my own whenthings get tough for them.

Do enjoy your shopping
Sorry I must be missing something here. I should add I'm not including the youngsters in this and I also do agree with @Leigh_Seasider that these sort of performances does suggest that something else must be up, but I cannot agree that all of these players are giving their all just because previous managers haven't left them in decent physical conditions.

You say all of them were putting their bodies and careers on the line yesterday but then suggest that some of them are not up for it and can leave. Which one is it cause they can't be both?

I'm fully behind Sol. This isn't on him one bit. Yes there may be a few questions after yesterday as it appears he's gone for a style that Bond was criticised for but this isn't his squad. He'll be doing everything he can to get as many points as possible up until January when he can hopefully make an impact on this "team". How many points that'll be is obviously up for massive debate! I still believe we'll go down but with the mass exodus expected, next season will be his and I'm massively confident he'll be a success here.

We look like a team that doesn't know / like each other and after a rumour I was told yesterday, if true, may go a long as to why this squad is so disconnected. The sooner this lot go the better.

As for the shopping comment, you wouldn't keep going back to a restaurant if the food you were being serviced was **** would you? Actually by the sounds of it you probably would.

EnJoY tHe GaMe

This statement is pretty insulting and is directed at posssibly the most patient and loyal fan base in the country.

Nearly 6k home fans their yesterday to see yet another woeful display by a terrible side.

We haven't seen a home win or even a draw this season in the league.

We have had a record bad start, record home defeat and look set to have more home defeats this season then last year's record breaker. We also may be the worst side this division has even seen.

How you have the cheek to tell those not up for it to stay away is beyond me.

6k turned up despite all of the above.

They deserve better than the shower of **** being served up.

I don't blame a single fan for staying away

enjoy the shops .... spend time with the family .... no need to go to football if you don't want to .... its not a punishment

We look like a team that doesn't know / like each other and after a rumour I was told yesterday, if true, may go a long as to why this squad is so disconnected. The sooner this lot go the better.

can you share this rumour ... maybe in general terms - money ?? women ?? wages ??

I felt the same, I walked round the edge of the pitch and stood and watched the Oxford players celebrating in front of their fans, richly deserved. I was embarrassed that my team did not give them a game. I looked Cox in the eye as he sauntered past, he did not give a f***?
...and that is the case with most if not all of these players.
For me, Cox is symptomatic of everything wrong with this group - takes no personal responsibility for his own ineffectiveness, and doesn’t act like a senior pro and show any signs of leading by example.

I think everyone on here is entitled to an opinion and we are all feeling the pain. After 50 years of mainly misery I certainly feel I am entitled to an opinion. I work to earn money to go to RH or travel up and down the country to watch the Shrimpers and as far as I am concerned there is no other football team it's in my heart and will be till the day I die. What I witnessed yesterday was truly diabolical and the tactics of playing out from the back, well what can I add? I left early yesterday as I was hurting too much and at 2-0 down I could only see it getting worse. I will always love my team but I am also entitled to walk early or not go and I will stop doing that when I see the same commitment and hurt from the players and suits at RH.

Back