• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond. Are you?

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond - Are you?

• Total voters
My take on the situation.

Firstly, I wasn't overly excited about KB coming in at the end of last season and I wasn't overly excited about him being given the job full time. However, over the summer I thought he had recruited well and it would be wrong of me to now turn round and say that isn't the case. If I thought he'd done good job a month ago...

However, the issue for me is that most of the players came in late, and didn't have a full pre-season together. That is compounded by the fact that KB is trying to change the style of play. That is also going to take time. The question is will he be given time for this new style and for the new personnel to bed in? Indeed, will he give himself the time, or will he lose his patience and revert to what the players have been doing?

He's also not helped by the fact that we still have a number of injuries from last year (and a few new ones) which is something I pointed out near the end of last season. Players like Barrett, Hopper, Dimi, Kyprianou etc would really strengthen the squad but at present aren't available.

So, even though I wasn't overly happy with the appointment in the 1st place, I think it's far too early to start losing faith.

Players like Barrett, Hopper, Dimi, Kyprianou etc would really strengthen the squad but at present aren't available.

Hopper is a big miss but Demetriou returned last season and didn't make a difference before getting injured again and how desperate is it to be pinning our hopes on Barratt (one sub appearance) and Kyprianou (15 starts and 2 sub appearances over 3 seasons)?

How many more games do we give him?
Suggest none? We all expect too much of our little club but this season is pathetic. The new ground is fanciful and has been for many years but we can at least attempt to stay in League 1 and not insult our loyal fans and their money further.

I’m struggling to think of reasons why he should be given longer.

I said after the Lincoln game, that I thought he has three games to save his job.

He now has two.

To be fair when he came on Saturday he did seem to have licence to play where he wanted as he does at Leicester but spent too much time in his own half defending and had little time to make the impact he is desperate to do.
Scrap that! 15 minutes tonight stuck on left wing with most of play down right wing. I know im biased but he needs a proper chance to show what he can do

I said after the Lincoln game, that I thought he has three games to save his job.

He now has two.

Imagine him being first manager to get us to round three of the cup in a decade and go five unbeaten in the league?

Another game, another new formation, another defeat bloke ain’t got a clue mate

What baffles me is the guys been involved in the game for over 40 years, & appreciate his managerial career is minimal. But he has been right hand man to various well known Managers in his time, & surely has the knowledge of systems & formations that work for the players in the regime & would play to their strengths?.
Really concerned as to how our season will flourish?. I cant recall any negative comments re the players we brought in at the time, & I thought we'd finish around 10th end of season.
Hopefully it will still happen, but something needs to change promptly to ensure that.

i wouldn't give him none yet alone two more your having a laugh his clueless tactically

With every game that goes by, I edge closer to that same position.

However, my opinion on him having two games left, isn’t what I want to happen, it’s what I think will happen.

Back