• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I await the inevitable facebook group seeking a boycott of Stop the World Cafe as they had the cheek to serve the Martins lunch......

I have to say I can't stand the place, it's pretentious and vastly over rated and over priced, though I have several female friends who think it's the bee's knees.

As I said at the time, the way RM went about Tilson's dismissal was all wrong.
If he knew he wanted him out then why not do it on say May 10th & then get PS in on the day he did?
An utterly disgusting way to treat a club legend and another reason why RM should not regain trust as quickly as he appears to have done.

But the question was why should that be something Sturrock is criticised for?

But the question was why should that be something Sturrock is criticised for?

But he didn't have a logical answer to that mate so he just decided to answer a totally different question to make him look right and important.

Speaking from a "right and self important" perspective, er, no it wasn't. It was a response to another further sub-question.

I've read this whole thread and it has taken me all that time to work out from the tripe you are spouting about RM again who you are!!! I should have realised from your first post in this thread!

I've read this whole thread and it has taken me all that time to work out from the tripe you are spouting about RM again who you are!!! I should have realised from your first post in this thread!

Is that an admission you're not the sharpest tool in the box? ;)

Steve Tilson has not received a penny from the club in weekly pages or back pay. He is owed 6 months worth. Has not heard from the club or its lawyers, and Tilson's solicitors are taking certain routes to get what he is rightfully owed. Anybody who has heard any different has heard wrong.

Just looking for (constructive) feedback here, how can comments which I believe to be true as they've been cross-referenced with various sources be construed as "tripe"?

I'm sorry for my current negative outlook but as far as I can see it RM has now been guilty of this whole smokescreen of misinformation and this is the most frustrating aspect for me.

No matter how you feel the current position of the club stands, surely 99% of SZers can see how various situations have be mismanaged over the past 18 months (Tilson allegedly not being paid what he is legitimately due being a prime example).

I can see people just want to concentrate on the current footballing side of things after the pain and torment of the past year, but it's at relatively normal quiet periods like this that people cannot afford to take their eyes off the ball as far as RM is concerned.

That for me cannot be construed as tripe or being a self important statement, some will hopefully see it as a logical response...

Just looking for (constructive) feedback here, how can comments which I believe to be true as they've been cross-referenced with various sources be construed as "tripe"?

I'm sorry for my current negative outlook but as far as I can see it RM has now been guilty of this whole smokescreen of misinformation and this is the most frustrating aspect for me.

No matter how you feel the current position of the club stands, surely 99% of SZers can see how various situations have be mismanaged over the past 18 months (Tilson allegedly not being paid what he is legitimately due being a prime example).

I can see people just want to concentrate on the current footballing side of things after the pain and torment of the past year, but it's at relatively normal quiet periods like this that people cannot afford to take their eyes off the ball as far as RM is concerned.

That for me cannot be construed as tripe or being a self important statement, some will hopefully see it as a logical response...

Nobody's saying that RM hasn't made a hash of things over the last 18 months, though. My initial point, at least, was in reference to your mistrust and hostility towards Sturrock, when all he's actually done is accept a job. Then, when questioned, every point you've made has been about RM's handling of the club, with only tenuous links towards Sturrock himself.

I can fully understand the hatred towards RM, he deserves it for the past year and a half. But, as of yet, Sturrock's done nothing to deserve the abuse levelled at him here.

For me, it only adds weight to the theory that no matter what Sturrock achieves here, it won't be enough because he isn't Steve Tilson, and that's a desperately worrying attitude to take against a manager working in a handicapped environment, competing in a results-based business where things won't always go your way.

Nobody's saying that RM hasn't made a hash of things over the last 18 months, though. My initial point, at least, was in reference to your mistrust and hostility towards Sturrock, when all he's actually done is accept a job. Then, when questioned, every point you've made has been about RM's handling of the club, with only tenuous links towards Sturrock himself.

I can fully understand the hatred towards RM, he deserves it for the past year and a half. But, as of yet, Sturrock's done nothing to deserve the abuse levelled at him here.

For me, it only adds weight to the theory that no matter what Sturrock achieves here, it won't be enough because he isn't Steve Tilson, and that's a desperately worrying attitude to take against a manager working in a handicapped environment, competing in a results-based business where things won't always go your way.

What I should have said but couldn't be arsed to type, didn't want to waste that much time on a reply.

Nobody's saying that RM hasn't made a hash of things over the last 18 months, though.

Some people are though, as if it's all been some kind of masterplan...

PS - Why the hell has this now been moved? It's a thread about Ron Martin (SUFC related) & has evolved into discussions about other employees (both current & ex) of the football club.
Wouldn't have happened on my watch ;)

Last edited:
Back