• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wouldn't go anywhere without the funds to cope with the transition and getting settled.
I think that's reasonable and the same should be true for any non UK Citizens; no hand outs, no free NHS, no housing queue jumpers, no translation services, & if they commit crime then OUT!

I thought there was quite an interesting debate on BBC Essex involving some Bularian and Roumanian people who had settled even one now adult who came with her father from Bulgaria about 10 years ago. They weren't afraid to raise the issue most were avoiding which was don't tar us all with the same brush. The beggars and thieves that the UK seem worried about are the Roma. They said it not me.

I thought there was quite an interesting debate on BBC Essex involving some Bularian and Roumanian people who had settled even one now adult who came with her father from Bulgaria about 10 years ago. They weren't afraid to raise the issue most were avoiding which was don't tar us all with the same brush. The beggars and thieves that the UK seem worried about are the Roma. They said it not me.

That's interesting considering how appalling the Roma have historically been treated...the Roma themselves are ''oportunistic'' bearing in mind that they have been denied basic human rights in some of their Countries of origin.

I have never understood the logic of exporting low skilled jobs and importing low skilled employees, other than to set up a perpetual bloc of client voters, or even to actually destabilize the nation.

germany

How do you feel about the legalisation of illegal immigrants in the US? :unsure::winking:

i lived in germany now 23 years,but have seen no czech workers here&only 3 poles,who have now gone back home.i live only 1 hour from the czech border,so they could drive,work&return home the same day!i work on the buildings,brickie,our firm are looking for a worker,but wont take on an east europeon,they are not well liked!!i do think germans do put things in the way,as to make it harder for "auslanders"to get work in germany.germans DO put germans first,which i can understand

i lived in germany now 23 years,but have seen no czech workers here&only 3 poles,who have now gone back home.i live only 1 hour from the czech border,so they could drive,work&return home the same day!i work on the buildings,brickie,our firm are looking for a worker,but wont take on an east europeon,they are not well liked!!i do think germans do put things in the way,as to make it harder for "auslanders"to get work in germany.germans DO put germans first,which i can understand
Good points, same is true in large part of France although Italy seems to have a similar attitude to the UK with employing low skill non Brits whenever they can. however you don't see Italian Gov vehicles etc as anything other than their own builds.

A big bit on news (BBC London) on 50 Romanians squatting at the site of Hendon FC; in shacks, no water etc. If that is allowed now (been there for over 6 mths apparently) should we not expect much more of the same? And they do random casual labour - which is un visa and so currently illegal?

Opening the doors to two of the poorest and most crime-ridden countries in Europe, at a time when millions of our own people are unemployed and we are trying to bring net immigration down, is not a great idea. No one seems to know how many will come, I don't think it will be huge but I think it'll be significant and the problem is it'll probably be the illegal gypsies and petty criminals (92% of cash machine thefts are carried out by Romanian gangs, admittedly according to the Daily Mail) who are at the front of the queue.

Opening the doors to two of the poorest and most crime-ridden countries in Europe, at a time when millions of our own people are unemployed and we are trying to bring net immigration down, is not a great idea. No one seems to know how many will come, I don't think it will be huge but I think it'll be significant and the problem is it'll probably be the illegal gypsies and petty criminals (92% of cash machine thefts are carried out by Romanian gangs, admittedly according to the Daily Mail) who are at the front of the queue.
Undoubtedly as they'll probably be the ones most likely to have stolen the money to get whatever false documentation they need to try and get in lawfully.

Well you don't need a crystal ball to see what way this thread will go :whistling:
And i wonder if the majority of posts will be against which will probably be a fair reflection of the opinions of the people of this Country - as on SZ we are all obviously a good example of a representation of UK citizens.

I wouldn't go anywhere without the funds to cope with the transition and getting settled.
I think that's reasonable and the same should be true for any non UK Citizens; no hand outs, no free NHS, no housing queue jumpers, no translation services, & if they commit crime then OUT!

Having just returned forma trip to Jersey i was thinking that would have been a nice place for a lot of eastern Europeans to go to. However, after chatting with a few locals it appears you cannot own property unless you have lived there for 20 years. Also, you can't work there for 3 months.

So unless people have got enough money to find accommodation and food for three months they can't stay and if they could and di find employment they would have to rent property for the next 20 years. Jersey are not part of the EU and have power of self determination, along with a good standard of living/ Perhaps we could quit the EU and become part of the Channel Islands.

Shouldn't let any of them in IMO, but what can we do about it?

We should have controlled migration, it helps with the age dependency ratio, can bring in both skilled labour such as in demand doctors and unskilled who do the jobs that our citizens on the dole are "too good" for. However we should be strict when they are in our country, limited benefits for a period of time and one crime and you're out system. Still need to deal with the native English idiots in this country too.

My neighbour has fascinating views on this countries downfall and the one thing which I agree with him on,This country is vastly over populated.

Back