• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Implausable film endings.

War of the Worlds could have been a tremendous film had they not suddenly decided to reunite every character at the end on a tree-lined posh street somewhere in Boston. They were dead. Clearly they were dead, why let them live, you stupid, focus-group noshing, American *******s?

Aside from that, it was quality.

Unbreakable, another M Night Shamalamadingdong film was quite good up until the final two minutes. Ludicrous ending. Ludicrous. He'll never come close to Sixth Sense.

Star Trek 2 'The wrath of Khan'.. after conquering space, warp speed and all the problems that entails, shields, phasers, photon torpedoes... it turns out that going up and down in space instead of just left n right turns out to be the most stunning tactic ever in space war..

War of the Worlds could have been a tremendous film had they not suddenly decided to reunite every character at the end on a tree-lined posh street somewhere in Boston. They were dead. Clearly they were dead, why let them live, you stupid, focus-group noshing, American *******s?

Aside from that, it was quality.

Unbreakable, another M Night Shamalamadingdong film was quite good up until the final two minutes. Ludicrous ending. Ludicrous. He'll never come close to Sixth Sense.

Yeah as you still have a Superhuman walking around , who can read peoples minds :D

Another unsatisfactory mix of the Hollywood demand for a sappy ending and "deus ex machina" which describes an unexpected, artificial, or improbable character, device, or event introduced suddenly in a work of fiction or drama to resolve a situation or untangle a plot (thanks Wikipedia). Normally most noticeable where an otherwise decent film with a 'sad' ending (the wishes of the talented director/screenwriter), has been butchered to include a 'happy' ending (insisted on by the talentless studios).

One of the classiest examples I've seen of this was in Dodgeball where the 'Director's cut' was obviously to have the good guys losing the final match - in the bolted on happy hollywood ending the good guys actually win the match and also win sh!tloads of money betting on the outcome. When they open the chest that contains the winnings it's got 'Deus ex Machina' written on the side - a clever two fingered salute to the studio...

Last edited:
Not implausible however the point where Arnie sticks his thumb up as he was lowered into the molten metal in Terminator 2 almost ruined what was otherwise an awesome film.

The end of Cabin Fever... it was a load of tosh anyway... but it made it seem as if there was to be a sequal... but the wasnt (thank god)... not to my knowledge anyway!

Not implausible however the point where Arnie sticks his thumb up as he was lowered into the molten metal in Terminator 2 almost ruined what was otherwise an awesome film.

Terminator 3 implausible full stop! :thump:

No, no and no. I think the revenue generated by the series justifies the fact that the worst series of films ever made it most certainly was not

Absolutely not...money has NOTHING to do with artistic integrity. I'm with James, the 3 pirate films are absolutely toilet - most films that make a sh1tload are lowest denominator rubbish.

You're all missing the worst ending to any film ever. It's the ending to Steven King's It.

There's a small town that is terrorized every 30 years by a horror known only as "It". The only victims of "It" are children. Through the form of a clown named Pennywise, "It" wakes up every 30 years and feeds. To do so, it has to kidnap, kill children.

A group of children make a pact to return and kill "It" should it return. So, 30 years on and now adults they all return. After this huge build up, and a very scary looking Clown putting you off circuses for life "It" turns out to be a big spider!

What an anti climax.

Absolutely not...money has NOTHING to do with artistic integrity. I'm with James, the 3 pirate films are absolutely toilet - most films that make a sh1tload are lowest denominator rubbish.

Exactly MK.

Making loads of money doesn't make something good.

Westlife rake it in - cack.

Mr Blobby was one of the biggest selling singles of the 1990s - cack.

Billy Paynter, £200,000 - cack.

Pirates Of The Caribbean - £millions and millions - cack.

Seriously though, i found all three films predictable and dull. The ending to the second one (i think it was) was just a massive cop out.

Exactly MK.

Making loads of money doesn't make something good.

Westlife rake it in - cack.

Mr Blobby was one of the biggest selling singles of the 1990s - cack.

Billy Paynter, £200,000 - cack.

Pirates Of The Caribbean - £millions and millions - cack.

Seriously though, i found all three films predictable and dull. The ending to the second one (i think it was) was just a massive cop out.

Opinion's all subjective, though. The above wouldn't have sold as many if that many people didnt like it.

Trust me, unless you could afford to have artistic integrity, you'll always go for the money

Indeed James. Apparantly The Harry Potter films are now the biggest grossing films of all time - and all apart from Azkhaban are crap.

Alternatively: Sufjan Stevens - genius, probably broke.
Michael Haneke (Cache / Piano Teacher) - Genuis, probably broke.

Opinion's all subjective, though. The above wouldn't have sold as many if that many people didnt like it.

Trust me, unless you could afford to have artistic integrity, you'll always go for the money

It's all about merchandising and peer pressure. I'm sure this kids HAVE to go and see POTC, Harry Potter etc because their mates have and therefore the parents get dragged along.

No way will they stay in the memory when their old and grey like the original Star Wars or original Herbie or Escape from Witch Mountain.:)

Back